There are 231 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Nice try SunDevilNiner79!

M-I-Z!!!!

Z-O-U!!!!

Hope Mizzou fans we're cool for ya
does anyone know where I can watch the ucla game online?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
does anyone know where I can watch the ucla game online?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/140888/1/watch-houston-vs-22-ucla.html
  • Jiks
Just got home from the Utah Byu game. What a crazy f**king game. I swear to God I have never in my life seen such a s**t show by referees. Ridiculous... f**king had to win the game 3 times at the end. Missed calls, horrible calls, inconsistent calls, Pac 12 refs need to be shot right in the nuts.

Yay Go Utes
Texas Tech is so much better than last year.
We're still playing weak teams out of conference, so it doesn't mean a lot, but last year we had the #48 defense in the country after three games, now we're number 2!
National Championship Game Prediction as of 9/16: Oregon vs. Alabama. Oregon wins.
Originally posted by jrg:
Nice try SunDevilNiner79!

M-I-Z!!!!

Z-O-U!!!!

Hope Mizzou fans we're cool for ya

Yeah they were really nice fans.

Sloppy game, very dissapointed with our team....but its a tough road game
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I like it better when you pick crazy upsets!!! Not that I care if you are
Right or wrong, just for the fact that it lets me know it could be a great game (UCLA game last week and 1st half of Georgia game)

hah, good point. I'll try to just highlight 5 games every week instead.

BYU at #24Boise State on Thursday at 6PM ESPN
-Weird Fact: Two of the power houses of the non-AQ schools meet each other for the first time since 2004, which was a thrilling 1 point game. The teams will face each other for TWELVE STRAIGHT YEARS starting this week. Birth of a new rivalry!
-Key Player for Boise State: RB R.J. Harper had to bid his time behind Doug Martin. Unfortunately he tripped and stumbled out of the gate against Michigan State, only to bounce back next week to earn MWC Player of the Week honors. Boise's offense goes as far as Harper goes.
-Key Player for BYU: OLB Kyle Van Noy. is in the hunt to lead the nation in sacks and piled up 15 tackles, 4.5 sacks in 3 games and the junior has been BYU's best player.
Predication: UPSET!!! BYU is going to get this rivlary kick started with a good ol'fashion defensive throttling of Boise to get a close 24-21 victory.

#10Clemson at #4Florida State on Saturday at 5pm on ABC
Weird Fact: Florida State has only allowed THREE points in three games. Clemson is averaging 517 yards per a game.
-Key Player for Clemson: WR Sammy Watkins. The suspended sophmore sensation was one of the most dominating players in college football as a freshman. We are gonna see him running sweeps, running slants, running fly routes, returning punts ect. He will have to take the game over for an upset.
-Key Player for Florida State: QB E.J. Manuel has done well without facing any adversity, that changes in this game. FSU has never won when Manuel throws 2 interceptions, he will need to continue to take care of the ball and move the sticks.
Prediction: UPSET!!!!! Thats right, Clemson is going into the Seminole territory and getting the win. QB Boyd, RB Ellington, WR Hopkins and WR Watkins are the best foursome in the nation

I'll update my picks for 3 other games as soon as I can.

#18 Michigan at #11 Notre Dame 4:30PM on NBC
Weird Fact: Notre Dame has not beat Michigan since 2008 and Dennard Robinson has gotten the W every year against the Domers every time.
Key Player for Michigan: ILB Kenny Demens, Michigan on average gives up 211 yards rushing per a game. Its up to their tackling machine ILB to limit an obvious weakness.
Key Player for Notre Dame: RB Cierre Woods, he was suspended for the first 2 games and in his game back he split time with fellow RB Riddick. For Notre Dame to win, Cierre Woods needs to become the playmaker he is expected to be.
Prediction: Notre Dame, a veteran O-Line (4 seniors, 1 Junior) averageing over 300 lbs will pave the way to victory.

#15 Kansas State at #6 Oklahoma 4:50PM on Fox
Weird Fact: Colin Klien not only accounts for 60% of K-States offense, but he is also completing a high percentage of passes then Oklahoma's Landry Jones and for more pass yards.
Key Player for Kansas State: CB Nigel Malone, last year's JUCO transfer lead the Big 12 in interceptions and he will be matched up with Kenny Stills who accounts for 45% of Oklahoma's passing offense.
Key Player for Oklahoma: LB Tom Wort, the englishman (moved to the states at 14 years of age) is Oklahoma's key to controlling Klien's option run attack.
Prediction: Oklahoma, K-State has a stellar D and Colin Klien is playing lights out. But the Okie's D matches up very well against Klien and should shut him down 2 years in a row.

#22 Arizona at #3 Oregon 7:30PM on ESPN
Weird Fact: Arizona's #12 offense will be coming to Autzen to face the Ducks' #5 offense. It also features teh #4 and #13 QBs with the best completion percentage (of QBs that have attempted 50 passes or more), and the #12 YPC RB verse the #14 YPC RB (of players with 50 or more runs). Suffice it to say, these are two of the most high powered offenses at the start of the year.
Key Player for Arizona: QB Matt Scott patiently waited his turn, even taking a red shirt last year so he could start for one year of college ball. He is an ideal fit for Rich Rod's offense and it will be up to him to make sure 'Zona gets the required 30pts+ to upset Oregon
Key Player for Oregon: RB De'Anthony Thomas, while QB Mariotta and RB Barner will be used the vast majority of the game, it will be up to the Black Mamba to put this game out of reach. On 24 touches, De'Anthony has averaged 15.9 yards and has scored a TD 29% of the time he touches the ball.
Prediction: Its been a nice start for Rich Rod, but unlike Oklahoma State, Oregon won't turn the ball over 4 times and pile 167 penalty yards up to help Arizona pull off another huge upset. Oregon.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I like it better when you pick crazy upsets!!! Not that I care if you are
Right or wrong, just for the fact that it lets me know it could be a great game (UCLA game last week and 1st half of Georgia game)

hah, good point. I'll try to just highlight 5 games every week instead.

BYU at #24Boise State on Thursday at 6PM ESPN
-Weird Fact: Two of the power houses of the non-AQ schools meet each other for the first time since 2004, which was a thrilling 1 point game. The teams will face each other for TWELVE STRAIGHT YEARS starting this week. Birth of a new rivalry!
-Key Player for Boise State: RB R.J. Harper had to bid his time behind Doug Martin. Unfortunately he tripped and stumbled out of the gate against Michigan State, only to bounce back next week to earn MWC Player of the Week honors. Boise's offense goes as far as Harper goes.
-Key Player for BYU: OLB Kyle Van Noy. is in the hunt to lead the nation in sacks and piled up 15 tackles, 4.5 sacks in 3 games and the junior has been BYU's best player.
Predication: UPSET!!! BYU is going to get this rivlary kick started with a good ol'fashion defensive throttling of Boise to get a close 24-21 victory.

#10Clemson at #4Florida State on Saturday at 5pm on ABC
Weird Fact: Florida State has only allowed THREE points in three games. Clemson is averaging 517 yards per a game.
-Key Player for Clemson: WR Sammy Watkins. The suspended sophmore sensation was one of the most dominating players in college football as a freshman. We are gonna see him running sweeps, running slants, running fly routes, returning punts ect. He will have to take the game over for an upset.
-Key Player for Florida State: QB E.J. Manuel has done well without facing any adversity, that changes in this game. FSU has never won when Manuel throws 2 interceptions, he will need to continue to take care of the ball and move the sticks.
Prediction: UPSET!!!!! Thats right, Clemson is going into the Seminole territory and getting the win. QB Boyd, RB Ellington, WR Hopkins and WR Watkins are the best foursome in the nation

I'll update my picks for 3 other games as soon as I can.

I choose Florida State in a game that comes down to the very end.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
National Championship Game Prediction as of 9/16: Oregon vs. Alabama. Oregon wins.

Bama is waaaay too strong

NOTRE DAME=#11

We need our own thread.
My 5 game preview is completed, bump

Originally posted by tohara3:
I choose Florida State in a game that comes down to the very end.

That would be the consensus as Florida State has been the most dominant team in the start of the year, but I think FSU has had it too easy to start the year which primes them to falter in an upset.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
NOTRE DAME=#11

We need our own thread.

damn, Boise was up 7-0 and BYU scored in the 4th and went for a 2-pt conversion to win the game and failed

Worst game ever by the way.
OMG Denard Robinson is having an awful game
Share 49ersWebzone