LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hawaii sucks lol

not exact more than 3 wins (n that's me being nice).

Yeah Chow has his work cut out for him going to the Mountain West. The one thing June Jones was able to do was get a descent QB that fit his system. Hopefully Chow does that next year but the Oline sucks balls too. 3 wins is definitely being generous. I don't even know if they are gonna be able to beat UNLV and thats sad cause UNLV football sucks!
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hawaii sucks lol

not exact more than 3 wins (n that's me being nice).

Yeah Chow has his work cut out for him going to the Mountain West. The one thing June Jones was able to do was get a descent QB that fit his system. Hopefully Chow does that next year but the Oline sucks balls too. 3 wins is definitely being generous. I don't even know if they are gonna be able to beat UNLV and thats sad cause UNLV football sucks!

yeah turning a spread team into a pro-offense team is going to take longer than i thought. has the school even opened up the wallet for recruiting?? it doesn't look like it also.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Geno Smith

45-51, 656 passing yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs

Texas-Oklahoma State a great game, on Fox
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Texas-Oklahoma State a great game, on Fox

moore lol

what a dumbass
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Quick run down on this week:

#8Stanford at Washington, Thursday, 6PM, ESPN
-Stanford should win by about 10 or so. The Trees don't have the pure offensive firepower to blow Washington out and the Huskies are at home. But Washington is too young to pull off a big upset

#25 Baylor at #9 West Virginia Saturday, 9AM, FX
-This should be considered a much watch game, there will be plenty of fireworks and scoring in this one!
-But I think West Virginia will pull away and win fairly easily in the 4th quarter

#14 Ohio State at #20 Michigan State 12:30PM, ABC
-UPSET SPECIAL!
-Michigan State will pull off the upset, game comes down to whether the Buckeyes can stop Le'Veon Bell. Notre Dame did with the help of MLB Manti Te'o and a great D-Line
-I don't think Ohio States D is up to the task

#12 Texas at Oklahoma State 4:50PM, Fox
-As much as I'd love to pick this as an uspet, Texas D and running game will be too much for Okie State to handle with their starting QB injured

#18 Oregon State at Arizona, 7PM, Pac-12 Network
-Arizona isn't an easy place to play at, but I believe in the Beavers (after picking against them at the start of the season)
-The main reason I believe in Oregon State is Sean Mannion as a sophmore has turned into a phenom

your upset specials are always good close games!!

keep them coming
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews

Report: Former assistant football coach Mike McQueary files lawsuit against Penn State - @NBCPhiladelphia http://bit.ly/RymBzI
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

your upset specials are always good close games!!

keep them coming

So close, yet so far.

#4 LSU at #10 Florida, 12:30PST CBS
-This is a very tempting game. The key to beating LSU is as simple as running the ball and not turning it over. You do that and LSU can be beat because their offensive firepower is lacking. Florida's first year starter sophmore QB Driskel isn't ready to pull off an upset of this size. Goign with LSU.

#5 Georgia at #6 South Carolina, 4:00PST ESPN
-I'm going with another road team, Georgia!! I think Georgia is a far more well balanced and deeper team. However, South Carolina's D has been dominant, lead by sophmore sensation DE Jadeveon Clowney (9.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks). If Clowney was a junior, he would be the #1 pick in the draft.

#8 West Virginia at #11 Texas, 4:00PST FOX
-While everyone is asking if anyone can stop WV QB Geno Smith, lets not forget that Texas QB Ash is #2 in passer rating in college football. Texas D has under performed this year but even their underperforming unit will do a better job then Baylor's non-existant D.
-I'm picking Texas in my UPSET SPECIAL! I don't think Texas can stop Geno Smith, but they should be able to slow him down. Over/under on 100 points scored in this game?

#21 Nebraska at #12 Ohio State, 5:00PST ABC
-Another UPSET SPECIAL! I'm picking Nebaraska to put an end to Ohio States run. I think Nebraksa's loss to UCLA (and remember I picked that upset!) had a lot to do with Nebraska facing a totally un-familiar opponent running completely new systems and its a huge trip to travel involving time zones.

#23 Washignton at #2 Oregon, 7:30PST ESPN
-That was nice upset Huskies, but I'm going to say zero chance against Oregon. Ducks win.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM ]
Notre Dame
This UT WV game is taking years off my damn life.

WTF is Notre Dame doing with those helmets?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
WTF is Notre Dame doing with those helmets?

The whole uniform is hideous. Some at Adidas needs slapped for designing those.
After living in Louisville for seven years I have a soft spot for U of Louisville. I also have a healthy hate for U of Kentucky. Good to see their football program in complete melt down status.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Looking at some of the scores from the weekend and watching Texas vs West Virginia, does anyone care about defense anymore? They look like basketball scores. Any thoughts on what causes this? Do the best athletes want to play offense or is that where the coaches put them? Or is it something else? Also when you see a low scoring game (rare) it is because of poor offense, not good defense.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I really wish i was able to watch La Tech vs Tex A&M sounds like a GREAT game.
Share 49ersWebzone