LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Be careful what you wish for. They were less than impressive tonight and I just do not see how this team scores against Bama.

Georgia is going to beat Bama.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Be careful what you wish for. They were less than impressive tonight and I just do not see how this team scores against Bama.

Georgia is going to beat Bama.

They could for sure. Probably the best 2 teams in the country right now. Either will be double digit favorites over ND.

Congrats to ND though. Cant do much better than unbeaten.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
i think nd can beat bama, their run game can be stopped by that front 7 and their pass game is nothing to be scared of.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
We're playing for the National Championship.

Lol

"You should see the other guy."

How many weeks have you said that this year, with regards to our opponents being "better" than us? We're the lasting man standing, and will gladly face whomever the SEC puts in front of us for a shot at the title. What team wouldn't want to be here?

So you're saying he shouldn't be happy his team is playing for the national championship, just because a possible opponent is strong?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

So you're saying he shouldn't be happy his team is playing for the national championship, just because a possible opponent is strong?

I didnt say that.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
College football needs ND to be great again.. happy for those guys

In essence, that's exactly what he's attempting to defame.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I hope Alabama/Georgia humiliates ND. There's no team in sports I dislike more. Still smh at Pitt blowing that game and the BS call on the goal line against Stanford.
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM ]

In essence, that's exactly what he's attempting to defame.

Perhaps you need to read what I wrote. I never said you shouldnt be happy. LOL at defame. I simply dont think ND will win in the game. I did offer to make a $100 bet with you on PayPal to back my stance up. You declined though.

Again, congrats to ND. I have nothing against them. I just dont think they are a great team.
Originally posted by Paul:
College football needs ND to be great again.. happy for those guys

Smartest post ever. I mean, who needs Oregon?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Did you go to ND?

No, but a 3rd generation ND fan- been faithful to them as long as the 9ers. Plus, my dad grew up with a legend (Kevin Hardy/ St Elizabeth's HS in Oakland) that went on the play on their D-line (right next to Alan Page), for their '66 Title. (See: Greatest Game Ever Played)

Kevin Hardy was the first athlete since The Gipper to letter in 3 different sports for 3 years at ND, since The Gipper.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Nov 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by vaden:
I hope Alabama/Georgia humiliates ND. There's no team in sports I dislike more. Still smh at Pitt blowing that game and the BS call on the goal line against Stanford.

This is where I differ. While I think ND is overrated and will get beat, I would be very happy if they upset Alabama if they play. Huge upsets are cool (as long as your team isnt the favorite) and it would be nice to see the SEC get beat.

SO... GO ND.
Perhaps you need to read what I wrote. I never said you shouldnt be happy. LOL at defame. I simply dont think ND will win in the game. I did offer to make a $100 bet with you on PayPal to back my stance up. You declined though.

Again, congrats to ND. I have nothing against them. I just dont think they are a great team.

You said: be careful what you wish for

Lol

Like I should be careful for wishing to play in the NC game.

Here's my wish: Bring on the best

Win or lose, I'll know here we stand
Share 49ersWebzone