There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 12/13

I'm very pleased with the draw in azteca, but let's not kid ourselves. That should have been a PK at the end. He may have gotten some of the ball, but you can't come from behind like that anymore.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm very pleased with the draw in azteca, but let's not kid ourselves. That should have been a PK at the end. He may have gotten some of the ball, but you can't come from behind like that anymore.

Probably. But that's sports. That stuff happens in every game. If a team leaves the game in the hands of the refs, they choose not to participate in their own fate.
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by HardEdge:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Venezuela beats Colombia and puts itself in 4th place in CONMEBOL!

If qualifiers ended today they'd get into their first WC EVER!

remaining games vs Bolivia (away), Uruguay (home), Chile (A), Peru (H), and Paraguay (H), they can so pull this off!

How do they stack up against these teams?

They have a decent team with a few good players,no star player the toughest opponent they have is Uruguay but they aren't playing great. If they take care business at home they should be in

However I think there in 5th at the moment but will check

your assessment of Venezuela is fair, we're really a tough up-and-coming team without much flash (9 goals scored in 11 games) but a few solid players in our mix of vets and youth. Best players probably are Juan Arango (vet AM/LW) who plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach in Germany and Salomon Rondon (youth, striker) who plays for FC Rubin Kazan in the Russian Premier League.

They combined for the only goal yesterday

(couldn't find highlights in english, sorry)

where I disagree is that our toughest remaining opponent is Uruguay, we match up well against them and have been a nightmare for them since '01 (4-5-2). No doubt for me our toughest remaining game is at Chile who was a really talented, young, fast team that already beat us 2-0 at home. Next most difficult games are at Bolivia (well over 10K feet above sea level), and vs Peru who have an annoyingly relentless squad
[ Edited by vrabbit on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
I'm not a big fan of draws, but for the US team it was important to come away with at least that. Onward now to take care of business.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Mi querido Mexico, como la cagas

you can say that again. 3 ties in 3 games, not happy.
Messi scores in 19th straight games!

Messi scores again! Huge first goal against PSG
Still wanna hate on bayern? Dominating juventus right now
Still wanna hate on bayern? Dominating juventus right now

Hating on Bayern? Hardly...just don't think Bundesliga is no.1 or no.2 league in Europe. They're supposed to win at home. Did you not watch the game Arsenal game - they were pretty bad. I don't think Bayern can win it all - but then again Chelsea won last year...so best teams don't always win.
Can't believe Ibra didn't get called for that off-sides, he was off by a few yards. Oh well, 2 away goals is big advantage.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Can't believe Ibra didn't get called for that off-sides, he was off by a few yards. Oh well, 2 away goals is big advantage.

He was off and they have no chance in the return leg( unless they pull off a miricale like Chelsea)

As far as bayern I did watch the arsenal game and IMO it meant nothing they where without shweinstiger and ribery( who showed his worth today). Also it was clear that they didint get up for that game. Kind of like how the niners got dominated in Seattle.

Bayern has the talent to win it all, I know your a die hard barca fan so you probably only got to see the highlights of the bayern match, but they picked juve a part. It even felt at times like the hamburg game over the weekend. When ribbery and robben are on like they where tonight it's almost impossible to stop. Plus Muller has solidified himself as a great player. People for whatever reason dont realize it but this team has just as much talent as any other team.

He was off and they have no chance in the return leg( unless they pull off a miricale like Chelsea)

As far as bayern I did watch the arsenal game and IMO it meant nothing they where without shweinstiger and ribery( who showed his worth today). Also it was clear that they didint get up for that game. Kind of like how the niners got dominated in Seattle.

Bayern has the talent to win it all, I know your a die hard barca fan so you probably only got to see the highlights of the bayern match, but they picked juve a part. It even felt at times like the hamburg game over the weekend. When ribbery and robben are on like they where tonight it's almost impossible to stop. Plus Muller has solidified himself as a great player. People for whatever reason dont realize it but this team has just as much talent as any other team.

I do think Bayern is a damn good team...I don't think they are as good as Real or Barca (though Barca got their own issues on defense) - and that's not hating on them. Real and Barca are the two best teams year in and yar out. Can Bayern beat those teams? Absolutely. I don't hate Bayern, hell, I don't even dislike them. They have a LOT of talent on their team...but they are not as talented as Real. Even Barca is not as talented as Real, if I look at it objectively.

I do think Bayern is a damn good team...I don't think they are as good as Real or Barca (though Barca got their own issues on defense) - and that's not hating on them. Real and Barca are the two best teams year in and yar out. Can Bayern beat those teams? Absolutely. I don't hate Bayern, hell, I don't even dislike them. They have a LOT of talent on their team...but they are not as talented as Real. Even Barca is not as talented as Real, if I look at it objectively.

It's hard to say what team has more talent imo. For example as good as xavi and ineasta are robben and ribery can be just as dominant. Yes messi is the goat and ronaldo is not far behind but that does not mean they are a better team. I'm not saying bayern is better i think they are on the same level.

Take a guy like manduzick he is not a sexy name. Scores a decent amount but nothing special but if you watch him play within the team it's like wow he destroyed the juve back three and he plays and works so hard on defense.

As far as talent they have so much of it at every position they have a world class player.

To me it's not an upset if bayern beat barca or real, buts its also not an upset if they are beaten by either one. I see it as I saw it last year a mouth watering matchup that would be extremely close. Last year they went to pens.

My opinion is that they are on par with real and barca the three best teams in the world
ghey...

• NickV
  • Veteran
LMFAO!

I heard about it but i didnt see it. Fuggin mirko vucinic