LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

Messi's second gol against Uruguay was . The game was secure and he was just having fun.

Hopefully Argentina can improve defensively before the WC and they can continue to gel with the weapons they have on offense. Messi, Higuain, and Kun in their prime is deadly.
Germany choked a 4-0 to Sweden and drew 4-4 Wow!
Bolivia is beating Uruguay 4-0 too wth is going on today!
USA v Guatemala starting in a few minutes. I will be seriously disappointed if they don't blow them out.
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
Bolivia is beating Uruguay 4-0 too wth is going on today!

if a world cup was ever played in La Paz, Bolivia might just get themselves a title.

the elevation there is INSANE, teams struggle there on the regular, 80% of the time I'd say
Guatemala goes up 1-0 in like the 4th minute off a long through ball to a completely wide open Guatemalan player.

US equalizes 5 minutes later off a corner kick. Dempsey heads it across the goal and it's kicked in by Bocanegra.

Goal for Dempsey in the 18th minute. Slide kicking in a ball sent low and across from the outside.

Dempsey with another. Bradley with a shot that was just gonna miss wide, so Dempsey finished it off. 3-1 US.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
Nice^^

Who's Mexico playing? El Salvador?
Originally posted by YungAce:
Nice^^

yep its 0-0 right now at half time.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Nice^^

yep its 0-0 right now at half time.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/147106/1/watch-fifa-wcq:-mexico-vs-el-salvador.html
how does the hexagonal round work in world cup qualifying?

Thanks stone man

and b9rag for the update
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Portugal tied with f**king Northern Ireland.

They pulled the best chelsea since....chelsea. Defending with their lives and getting a goal with a counter. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
The fourth round will see the 3 group winners and 3 group runners-up from the third round compete in a single group of 6 teams.[1] This stage is often referred to as the Hexagonal or Hex, and has been used by CONCACAF to determine its World Cup finals entrants since the qualification tournament for the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
The matches are scheduled to be played from 6 February to 15 October 2013. The top three teams will advance to the World Cup finals tournament in Brazil, and the fourth-placed team will advance to a play-off against the winner of the Oceania qualifiers.

I think it'll be the US, Mexico, and Jamaica that will qualify. That'll leave Honduras, Panama, and Costa Rica to battle it out for the chance to advance to the playoff against the Oceania winner.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Quote:
The fourth round will see the 3 group winners and 3 group runners-up from the third round compete in a single group of 6 teams.[1] This stage is often referred to as the Hexagonal or Hex, and has been used by CONCACAF to determine its World Cup finals entrants since the qualification tournament for the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
The matches are scheduled to be played from 6 February to 15 October 2013. The top three teams will advance to the World Cup finals tournament in Brazil, and the fourth-placed team will advance to a play-off against the winner of the Oceania qualifiers.

I think it'll be the US, Mexico, and Jamaica that will qualify. That'll leave Honduras, Panama, and Costa Rica to battle it out for the chance to advance to the playoff against the Oceania winner.

cool man thanks for the info..... But I have to disagree a little with your picks... I think it will be US, Mexico, and Honduras with Costa Rica to battle against the South American team.
cool man thanks for the info..... But I have to disagree a little with your picks... I think it will be US, Mexico, and Honduras with Costa Rica to battle against the South American team.

Yeah, I have very little knowledge on any of these other teams. US and Mexico are a given. I'm basically throwing darts at the rest of the picks.
Share 49ersWebzone