• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who the f**k watches this s**t

Originally posted by Garcia:
Who the f**k watches this s**t

Garcias gonna Garce
Angels got Trout around pick 20 a few years ago and hes one of the best prospects in baseball. MLB draft/positioning in the draft is meaningless.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Angels got Trout around pick 20 a few years ago and hes one of the best prospects in baseball. MLB draft/positioning in the draft is meaningless.

Just gotta develop them once they get drafted. Unfortunately for the Giants, we don't have a great history in developing hitters.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Why does the NCAA make football/basketball players declare for a draft and not baseball players?
Originally posted by Amir:
Why does the NCAA make football/basketball players declare for a draft and not baseball players?

Its the leagues themselves that make those rules, i think lol
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]

lol not true at all. one example means the entire draft positioning is meaningless?

it is very possible to get all stars late in the draft because you can draft from HS and there is so much projection still, but that doesn't mean the better prospects aren't at the top of the draft.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

lol not true at all. one example means the entire draft positioning is meaningless?

it is very possible to get all stars late in the draft because you can draft from HS and there is so much projection still, but that doesn't mean the better prospects aren't at the top of the draft.

Yes.

Here
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Garcias gonna Garce

I hope the Giants get a chance at Lucas Giolito, that would be a dream.

If not, I hope Marcus Stroman is around at 20. He has the stuff of a top 5 pick, and the body of a day 2 pick. We Giants fans have seen how much prototypical matters.

Honestly not enamored by the rest of the prep arms around our pick, Eflin might be the only one I'm alright with.
Anyone else watching MLB Network for round 1 of the 2012 MLB Draft?

I'm not big on knowing these College and HS kids, so who are the top guys?
this thread exists already, look a few threads down...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/165990-official-2012-mlb-draft-thread/
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM ]
LOL
I would not be surprised to put my money on a prep. arm.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I would not be surprised to put my money on a prep. arm.

yes that would seem most likely...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home