Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jimrat:
If the Mets get Appel

Very possible, doubt the A's take him.

Santana, Appel..........Wheeler
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
IC, I think your boy may fall unless St. Louis takes him right in front of us, which is very possible.

no way he makes it that far. can't see any later than A's at 11

Was talking about Giolito.

Oh, THAT you may be on the money on. I've read TOR at 17 too. Wouldn't it be a dream if he made it to us? I doubt we'd take him because we'd be afraid we couldn't sign him + our other 9 picks with our slotted money.
Good choice Pirates.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
This is where the new CBA is going to be HUGE.

Pittsburgh typically drafts BPA and you could expect Appel's slide to stop there normally, but they have a slotted amount this year that can prevent them from going BPA. #new cba is beyond dumb.

finally got that one right. good pick by them, they draft the way a small budget team should.
And this is why Callis is one of the best, had the top 8 prospects going in the top 8 picks.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Good job by the Pirates
The royals are gonna be scary good very soon.
Its possible that Giolito goes undrafted. The further he falls, the less money teams will have to give him to get him signed and they may view him as unsignable.

Bet the A's go Schaffer with #11, college hitter that walks? yes
shocker! a HS kid to the A's?! first time since 2001
I like the Cecchini pick.

Whelp, Nationals effed us.
Whelp, Nationals effed us.

totally weak. i'd bet on Zach Eflin, hoping for Marcus Stroman.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Giolito has shoulder issues, possible TJ in his future but him and Strasburg throwing 100 MPH in Wash.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Giolito has shoulder issues, possible TJ in his future but him and Strasburg throwing 100 MPH in Wash.

*elbow issues. but he never tore anything. TJ isn't even that big of a deal anymore.
Well, the college talent is overflowing for the Giants at #20 if they don't force the prep pick.

Stroman, Piscotty, Schaffer, Marrero, Stratton, Wacha. Some of these guys shouldn't be around, well see if they go BPA or want that prep arm.

I might be with you here ityln, Marrero or Stroman, high upside guys either arm or bat that have minor strikes against them.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone