There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just got back from vacation and watched the whole weekend's games on DVR.

As expected from Germany

Spain handled France

But man, Italy sure did make it hard on themselves. That game should have been a blowout.

Italy will have it's hands full with Germany. Portugal vs Spain should be awesome.

Germany and Portugal should be favorites to make it to the final. They both had 2 extra days off and that's a pretty decent advantage to have. I'm not sure who UEFA put in charge of scheduling - but that person should be fired.

I believe they got advice from the NFL guy who decided that a coast to coast trip for the 49ers on a Thursday game was a good idea.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Just got back from vacation and watched the whole weekend's games on DVR.

As expected from Germany

Spain handled France

But man, Italy sure did make it hard on themselves. That game should have been a blowout.

Italy will have it's hands full with Germany. Portugal vs Spain should be awesome.

Germany and Portugal should be favorites to make it to the final. They both had 2 extra days off and that's a pretty decent advantage to have. I'm not sure who UEFA put in charge of scheduling - but that person should be fired.

I believe they got advice from the NFL guy who decided that a coast to coast trip for the 49ers on a Thursday game was a good idea.

Seriously...that was horrible scheduling. Thank God we don't have to do that this season.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Lol, sorry to be a downer, but I just wish we were better than we are right now. Its frustrating that we haven't had a consistent striker since ADP. And our defense isn't the same as it once was with Cannavaro and Nesta.

defending has changed alot in the past 6 years. and to be fair, no defense today is as good as that one. The quality of defenders has gone down.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Spain vs Portugal today...can't wait.

Go Spain!
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Lol, sorry to be a downer, but I just wish we were better than we are right now. Its frustrating that we haven't had a consistent striker since ADP. And our defense isn't the same as it once was with Cannavaro and Nesta.

defending has changed alot in the past 6 years. and to be fair, no defense today is as good as that one. The quality of defenders has gone down.

Even if thats true, we still have so much incosistency up front, its infuriating.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
David Silva sucks...he keeps losing the ball. This has been true from the first match.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Fffffff
I'm still so nervous I never settled down yet.

Few chances but spain looks more likley to score. Gotta tidy up the defense. Almeida has been useless...as I expected.
Originally posted by NickV:
Fffffff
I'm still so nervous I never settled down yet.

Few chances but spain looks more likley to score. Gotta tidy up the defense. Almeida has been useless...as I expected.

at least you're in a postition to feel nervous.....
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Horrible game from both team...I hate when Spain plays without a striker, it's just a dumb move.
its gunna get interesting now
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Omggggggg ronnie coulda scored at the end! Holy hell all of our shots haven't been on target! Faaaack!
Originally posted by NickV:
Omggggggg ronnie coulda scored at the end! Holy hell all of our shots haven't been on target! Faaaack!

I'd rather be a Portuguese supporter vs a Spanish one. Portugal should be happy with where they're at.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
INIESTA...C'mon...great save!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm not really sure why Portugal is settling for penalties...Spain may have the best goalie in the World
I'm at work and the only Internet I have is iPhone... Does anybody have a compatible stream?