There are 869 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

thank goodness i didn't buy that fight..

wwf boxing has the next 3 fights set up perfectly

pac / bradley rematch

bradley vs. mayweather

mayweather vs. pac
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
thank goodness i didn't buy that fight..

wwf boxing has the next 3 fights set up perfectly

pac / bradley rematch

bradley vs. mayweather

mayweather vs. pac

No one should be buying these fights. These guys are making billions for working out really hard and promoting just as hard.

Boxing is a great sport when done right. But right now, the fans who pay for it are encouraging it to be hype more than quality and the fans should be to blame. There's only one way these guys make millions for the wrong reasons and it's the fans.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
thank goodness i didn't buy that fight..

wwf boxing has the next 3 fights set up perfectly

pac / bradley rematch

bradley vs. mayweather

mayweather vs. pac

No one should be buying these fights. These guys are making billions for working out really hard and promoting just as hard.

Boxing is a great sport when done right. But right now, the fans who pay for it are encouraging it to be hype more than quality and the fans should be to blame. There's only one way these guys make millions for the wrong reasons and it's the fans.

I really dislike Arum and Don King type promoters in general. I will not buy another fight unless its Pac vs. Mayweather.

I'd probably watch a rerun of the Golden Girls before I'd watch Bradly fight again.That dude is about as dirty as dirty gets. Anyone else see him through that semi-right hook that he tried to follow up with an elbow towards the end of the fight? Shady. Also, dude has had "accidental" headbutts like 3 out of his last five fights. He is a disgrace to boxing. He doesn't have elite speed, power or technique and is sloppy and dirty.....
This has been going on with Pac-Man for a while now, only this time the shoe is on the other foot. Marquez beat him in the last fight but they gave it to Manny.
This is only bad because it messed up the mega fight.
marquez vs. pacman was a draw in my mind.. that's what i was thinking after seeing it

but this one? this one? this one right here????? cmon...... sh*t wasn't even close
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
marquez vs. pacman was a draw in my mind.. that's what i was thinking after seeing it

but this one? this one? this one right here????? cmon...... sh*t wasn't even close

Ya. Everyone saying Pac got what he deserved cause he lost to Marquez needs to give their head a shake. I am not saying Marquez didn't win but it was close. Way way way way way closer than this fight was. And as the saying goes, to beat the champ you have to knock the champ out. That is why Manny won. To have him lose this fight is just shady as f**k.
This thread has ben an interesting read since the actual fight. I didn't pay for or see the fight.

To those who believe this fight was "rigged": Is this something new? Boxing has been corrupt forever. I have never paid for a boxing match for this very reason. If a large portion of fans made it perfectly clear that they were tired of this BS and refused to pay to either attend or view a match, there would be a slight chance that it could get cleaned up for a short period of time, but as soon as there was enough popularity to make money again, it would go right back in the toilet.

It's just too easy for a couple of people with less than stellar ethics to manipulate the game to make money.
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by socal9er42:
This thread has ben an interesting read since the actual fight. I didn't pay for or see the fight.

To those who believe this fight was "rigged": Is this something new? Boxing has been corrupt forever. I have never paid for a boxing match for this very reason. If a large portion of fans made it perfectly clear that they were tired of this BS and refused to pay to either attend or view a match, there would be a slight chance that it could get cleaned up for a short period of time, but as soon as there was enough popularity to make money again, it would go right back in the toilet.

It's just too easy for a couple of people with less than stellar ethics to manipulate the game to make money.

Yep. This was the last straw for me. Unless Pac fights Mayweather I am out. I will just pirate it off the internet like everyone else.
Just watched the fight. I'm about to vomit by the decision.
FOR EVERYONE SAYING PACQUIAO WON, PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND LIST THE ROUNDS MANNY WON??
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Manny is laughing all the way to the bank. A multi million dollar rematch with a cump that he can easily beat?

laughing to the bank, highly doubt that. The moron turned down 40 million to fight mayweather and chose to set himself up with a high risk low reward fight in bradley where he only cashed out 6 million, Manny's days of 25million+ purses are over. The idiot should've took the mayweather fight, oh well his fault for listening to his pimp arum.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,501
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
FOR EVERYONE SAYING PACQUIAO WON, PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND LIST THE ROUNDS MANNY WON??

10-11. MAYBE 9 if you wanna be nice and call an even round for Bradley. But no less.
[ Edited by Antix on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
FOR EVERYONE SAYING PACQUIAO WON, PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND LIST THE ROUNDS MANNY WON??

Rounds 1 through 12.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,501
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Rounds 1 through 12.

Probably more accurate than my assesment.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
FOR EVERYONE SAYING PACQUIAO WON, PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND LIST THE ROUNDS MANNY WON??

IIRC, I would have given Bradley 8 and 12. Possibly 11. But to give him at least 7 rounds is ridiculous. Manny won the first 7 rounds easy. I ask you to do the same, NorCal. Can't wait to see a rematch.