LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
FOR EVERYONE SAYING PACQUIAO WON, PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND LIST THE ROUNDS MANNY WON??

Rounds 1 through 12.

Yup, Manny had the clear decision except in the minds of the old ass judges (74 and 71).
Originally posted by Antix:
10-11. MAYBE 9 if you wanna be nice and call an even round for Bradley. But no less.

In my opinion bradley was better in the first 3 rounds of the fight and also the last 4 rounds of the fights. I got a feeling a lot of people were influenced by the HBO crew who was clearly being biased in favoring Pac Man the entire fight. Also lederman giving every round to Pac Man, LMAO. Pacquiao swung like crazy but whiffed on most of his punches, he never stunned bradley nor did he ever really hurt bradley. Bradley seemed to be in control most of the fight. Manny on the other hand seemed gassed from round 6 on, crazy thing is I want to see a rematch where bradley's foot isn't injured. Bradley will win a rematch vs Pac Man, All i keep hearing is that Manny has ridicoulus power and he dominated this fight, well then how in the hell did he not drop bradley???
Originally posted by btak49:
IIRC, I would have given Bradley 8 and 12. Possibly 11. But to give him at least 7 rounds is ridiculous. Manny won the first 7 rounds easy. I ask you to do the same, NorCal. Can't wait to see a rematch.

Re watch the fight, I honestly don't see how manny easily won the first 7 rounds, I guess we all have our own unique way of judging rounds. First 4 round bradley was more active, accurate, and efficient, for 2:45 seconds of the first 4 rounds. Then pacquiao would swing away like crazy the last 15 seconds and rarely connect, then HBO would say that was enough to win the round. smh.
Also like i posted earlier, whether is was because Manny was gassed or his corner wasn't pushing him hard enough. They clearly took their foot off the gas in the last 4 round which are widely considered the most important rounds in a championship fight. The last 4 rounds came back and haunted Manny in my opinion, yesterday i compared it to Oscar De la hoya doing the same vs Trinidad.
Originally posted by Antix:
10-11. MAYBE 9 if you wanna be nice and call an even round for Bradley. But no less.

In my opinion bradley was better in the first 3 rounds of the fight and also the last 4 rounds of the fights. I got a feeling a lot of people were influenced by the HBO crew who was clearly being biased in favoring Pac Man the entire fight. Also lederman giving every round to Pac Man, LMAO. Pacquiao swung like crazy but whiffed on most of his punches, he never stunned bradley nor did he ever really hurt bradley. Bradley seemed to be in control most of the fight. Manny on the other hand seemed gassed from round 6 on, crazy thing is I want to see a rematch where bradley's foot isn't injured. Bradley will win a rematch vs Pac Man, All i keep hearing is that Manny has ridicoulus power and he dominated this fight, well then how in the hell did he not drop bradley???

No.

I gave Bradley the first cause Manny tried to steal that late.

But rounds 2 through 8 were all Manny and it wasn't close. Bradley got the 9 and 11 the and that is it.

Bradley himself knew he didn't win.

To say Pac swung wildly is a joke. Bradley connected at a way lower %.
Pacquiao swung like crazy but whiffed on most of his punches, he never stunned bradley nor did he ever really hurt bradley.

I don't even see how somebody could state this. Manny clearly didn't whiff on most of his punches since he landed a ridiculous amount more than Bradley. And to say that he never stunned him is just plain wrong. That left hand he kept dropping on Tim stunned him every time. Tim, on the other hand, at no point, hit Manny with a punch that backed him up. Manny could hit him with that left all he wanted. I do think he should have kept doing it, but that's another discussion. Tim was backing up so hard he sprained his ankle trying to get away so fast.
Tim Bradley being "accurate and efficient" is a slight exaggeration me thinks. He may have outworked Pacquiao, however.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Pacquiao swung like crazy but whiffed on most of his punches, he never stunned bradley nor did he ever really hurt bradley.

I don't even see how somebody could state this. Manny clearly didn't whiff on most of his punches since he landed a ridiculous amount more than Bradley. And to say that he never stunned him is just plain wrong. That left hand he kept dropping on Tim stunned him every time. Tim, on the other hand, at no point, hit Manny with a punch that backed him up. Manny could hit him with that left all he wanted. I do think he should have kept doing it, but that's another discussion. Tim was backing up so hard he sprained his ankle trying to get away so fast.

No kidding. He gives him rounds 1 - 3 and maybe 4. Come on. Rounds 2 - 5 were completely dominated by Pac. I thought Pac was going to knock him out after the 4th. He kept shooting that straight left right into his face and rocking him over and over.

The original poster loses all credibility when he tries to state that he thinks Bradley won rounds 1 - 4.
I'm not saying pac man clearly lost rounds 1-4 but to say one or another fighter clearly won those to me is ridiculous. In my opinion i gave 3 of the first 4 rounds to bradley, and then the last 4 rounds pac man was non existent. So i can see where the judges had scored 6 of those 8 round for bradley, that would make it a draw. I could live with a draw but to say manny clearly won this fight, i just don't see it. Manny was a one trick pony all night
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Jun 11, 2012 at 8:11 PM ]
I'm not saying pac man clearly lost rounds 1-4 but to say one or another fighter clearly won those to me is ridiculous. In my opinion i gave 3 of the first 4 rounds to bradley, and then the last 4 rounds pac man was non existent. So i can see where the judges had scored 6 of those 8 round for bradley, that would make it a draw. I could live with a draw but to say manny clearly won this fight, i just don't see it. Manny was a one trick pony all night

Then sorry to say you don't know what you are talking about. Pac clearly won rounds 2 - 5. Clearly. Wasn't even close. Not even up for debate. Round 1 can be up for debate because the early part Bradley was in control but Pac came on and rocked him with about 45 seconds.

Even though Pac was quiet the first 2 minutes of the last few rounds Bradley didn't do s**t during that time. And when Pac finally did turn it on it was clear he was a step above Bradley.

Look, every credible boxing analyst disagrees with you. They are calling this the greatest screw job in the history of the sport. There isn't even one or two that are trying to defend the decision. You have guys like Mayweather SR (who hates Pac) saying this was bull. You have Berto who is friends with Bradley saying that Bradley didn't win. Teddy Atlas, Dan Rafael, Kellerman, Bradley's manager, Bradley himself thought he lost. He lost. Not even up for debate.

Bradley is a B class fighter and it showed in this fight. If you seriously think he would win in a rematch then I don't know what to say. If Pac trains and really wants to he would kick the s**t out of Bradley.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Word. That was Pac not even giving a f**k
Then sorry to say you don't know what you are talking about. Pac clearly won rounds 2 - 5. Clearly. Wasn't even close. Not even up for debate. Round 1 can be up for debate because the early part Bradley was in control but Pac came on and rocked him with about 45 seconds.

Even though Pac was quiet the first 2 minutes of the last few rounds Bradley didn't do s**t during that time. And when Pac finally did turn it on it was clear he was a step above Bradley.

Look, every credible boxing analyst disagrees with you. They are calling this the greatest screw job in the history of the sport. There isn't even one or two that are trying to defend the decision. You have guys like Mayweather SR (who hates Pac) saying this was bull. You have Berto who is friends with Bradley saying that Bradley didn't win. Teddy Atlas, Dan Rafael, Kellerman, Bradley's manager, Bradley himself thought he lost. He lost. Not even up for debate.

Bradley is a B class fighter and it showed in this fight. If you seriously think he would win in a rematch then I don't know what to say. If Pac trains and really wants to he would kick the s**t out of Bradley.
lol @ calling bradley a undeafeated fighter who went the distance with pac man and gave him everything manny could handle a B fighter. You lose all creditbitliy, Bradley is the real deal, do I think he will go on a run like mayweather?? NO! but still give credit where credity is due, Manny isn't the same fighter anymore, no KO's in his last 6 fights a controversial Win to Marquez. Don't know if religion is becoming a distraction or if its just father time catching up to Manny but his stamina is going to s**t. The guy can't finish fights anymore, as a champion from round 9 on is when you're supposed go the hardest. Manny wasn't able to do that and it came back to haunt him.
Re watch the fight, I honestly don't see how manny easily won the first 7 rounds, I guess we all have our own unique way of judging rounds. First 4 round bradley was more active, accurate, and efficient, for 2:45 seconds of the first 4 rounds. Then pacquiao would swing away like crazy the last 15 seconds and rarely connect, then HBO would say that was enough to win the round. smh.

When you say more active, are you referencing throwing or landing more punches? When you say accurate and efficient, do you mean he was landing at a greater rate? Compubox clearly showed that in the first four rounds, Manny landed more punches and he did so in fewer attempts. Let's use just those four rounds that you referenced. Manny landed 85/210 punches at a rate of 40.5% while Bradley landed 51/280 at a rate of 18.2%. That tells me that sure Bradley was more active (if you count punching someone's gloves as being active) and Manny was much more accurate and efficient.

Also, per Compubox, Manny averaged 10.5 landed punches in the final minute of the first four rounds. I'll give you the fact that in most cases, he was more active in the final minute of each round. However, round 4 bloats that average. He landed 21 punches in the final minute of round 4. He landed 7, 6 and 8 punches in the final minute of rounds 1-3. That averages just 7 landed punches per minute. During that same three round stretch, Bradley averaged a mere 3 landed punches per minute. What did Manny average the first two minutes of those same three rounds? 4.3 and 5.3. Both are still better than what Bradley was doing.

To your case, people do judge scores differently. If effort is the determining factor, then give the title to Bradley. Hell, give Mayweather's title to Ortiz for that matter. But if results is what it is about, there is no reason for Manny to have lost by split decision. No personal attack against you but I just countered each of your reasons for going Bradley in each of those rounds with facts. Not feelings.

lol @ calling bradley a undeafeated fighter who went the distance with pac man and gave him everything manny could handle a B fighter. You lose all creditbitliy, Bradley is the real deal, do I think he will go on a run like mayweather?? NO! but still give credit where credity is due, Manny isn't the same fighter anymore, no KO's in his last 6 fights a controversial Win to Marquez. Don't know if religion is becoming a distraction or if its just father time catching up to Manny but his stamina is going to s**t. The guy can't finish fights anymore, as a champion from round 9 on is when you're supposed go the hardest. Manny wasn't able to do that and it came back to haunt him.

Cause Bradley is a B class fighter. He isn't close to being on the same level as Pac or Mayweather. Very few are. Just cause he is 29 - 0 don't mean s**t. Right now no one cares about Bradley. He isn't going to take that next step into the elite cause from what people saw he was fully outclassed by Pacman.
I just don't see how anybody could still try and defend this decision when the entire boxing world, fighters, trainers, "experts" are saying that was a bad result. These people include Tim's friends that are fellow boxers, as well as people in Maywheather's corner. The entire boxing world isn't wrong. People defending the result are.
Share 49ersWebzone