LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Was this effup a good thing?

- Could this be Arums' way of letting go of Pac so he can fight PBF?

- Roy Jones' first loss came from a hit he gave dude while he had a knee down. Jones came back to whup that ass badly.
A rematch is certain fohsho. - My 10 year old nephew is a big pac fan thanks to Fight Night the video game, and was bummed. He wants a rematch and can't wait for it.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

- Roy Jones' first loss came from a hit he gave dude while he had a knee down. Jones came back to whup that ass badly.
A rematch is certain fohsho. - My 10 year old nephew is a big pac fan thanks to Fight Night the video game, and was bummed. He wants a rematch and can't wait for it.

Don't think Arum would give up his cash cow, but I can see your logic in this. give Arum a new champion to mold while allowing Manny to get free to fight PBF, but I don't know if Arum would be okay to be left out of the most lucrative fight in history.

I do agree I think Arum had a hand in this decision, but as I said previously in the Boxing Thread, I think it's more of a ploy to get Manny's name out, get him a bigger pay day in November with a rematch vs Bradley (which wouldn't have happened with any other bout not with Floyd), and get the public excited again into a PBF/Pacman superfight. Remember, Manny doesn't need the undefeated streak like PBF, a resurgent victory in November (which I would be shocked if Manny didn't knock Bradley's ass out) would be sufficient to bring him back up to superhero status.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Don't think Arum would give up his cash cow, but I can see your logic in this. give Arum a new champion to mold while allowing Manny to get free to fight PBF, but I don't know if Arum would be okay to be left out of the most lucrative fight in history.

I do agree I think Arum had a hand in this decision, but as I said previously in the Boxing Thread, I think it's more of a ploy to get Manny's name out, get him a bigger pay day in November with a rematch vs Bradley (which wouldn't have happened with any other bout not with Floyd), and get the public excited again into a PBF/Pacman superfight. Remember, Manny doesn't need the undefeated streak like PBF, a resurgent victory in November (which I would be shocked if Manny didn't knock Bradley's ass out) would be sufficient to bring him back up to superhero status.

i wouldn't be surprised if this was Arums plan, if so, it's blowing up in his face because he was probably anticipating Bradley to do better than he did.
I like to follow boxing but I'm not about to ever pay a chunk of money for this corrupted "sport." I don't know why you guys pay repeated money for this and complain about a sport that's not conspiracy like the NBA, it's pretty much obvious the money runs the sport more than the athletes do.

This sport is just dumb and the guys are all laughing there way to the bank.
Fighters have the means to eliminate the unpredictability of judges. Given, it can be difficult, particularly in the lower weight classes, but too often they play the game of the scorecards when they should really be doing all they can to knock their oppenent out. Fans hate it when fighters dance around and try to poke in enough punches to get a technical decision, which could be considered the smart approach, but sometimes they get screwed by their own strategy when they could secure a victory by simply doing what they say they're doing and fighting.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
As I said before. Pac doesn't need Bradley. He should either retire after this b******t or fight Floyd. Who cares if he avenges this b******t loss to Bradley. No one wants to see it. This isn't going to make Bradley a house hold name and a big draw. He will be forgotten about by next week.

i'd strongly consider if i were pac.

heck, i'd strongly consider if i were mayweather too. if i'm his shoes, i'm preserving my record knowing the sport can/will/would fk you over like that.

Yep.

The sport is f**ked. Those two should just call it a career and enjoy the rest of their lives. Without them the sport will die quickly. And I will say good riddance.

100% agree. Manny needs to retire. This game is below him.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
As I said before. Pac doesn't need Bradley. He should either retire after this b******t or fight Floyd. Who cares if he avenges this b******t loss to Bradley. No one wants to see it. This isn't going to make Bradley a house hold name and a big draw. He will be forgotten about by next week.

i'd strongly consider if i were pac.

heck, i'd strongly consider if i were mayweather too. if i'm his shoes, i'm preserving my record knowing the sport can/will/would fk you over like that.

Yep.

The sport is f**ked. Those two should just call it a career and enjoy the rest of their lives. Without them the sport will die quickly. And I will say good riddance.

100% agree. Manny needs to retire. This game is below him.

You guys are so dramatic. Boxing is beneath them? Because of the decision in this fight, they not only don't owe anything to boxing, but somehow boxing owes them more than it can give? Boxing made them. Who would Floyd or Pacquiao be without boxing?
And I thought NBA fans were the biggest conspiracy theorists in all of sports
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

We are. You live in Sactown, you should know better.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

We are. You live in Sactown, you should know better.

this

2cents

Was it just me or did Mike Jones look like he was on drugs or drunk?
I found it quite amusing watching that mexican dude get hit low, in the back and then in the ear for dirty trifecta.

It did look like a major fix. The decision was disgusting imo. Initially I will thought hells no, no more PPV for me. Im over it and will continue to buy.

Anyone feel like Manny was holding back? Is that suspicious? Am I trippin? Or is he just a nice guy like that?

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jun 11, 2012 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
2cents

Was it just me or did Mike Jones look like he was on drugs or drunk?
I found it quite amusing watching that mexican dude get hit low, in the back and then in the ear for dirty trifecta.

It did look like a major fix. The decision was disgusting imo. Initially I will thought hells no, no more PPV for me. Im over it and will continue to buy.

Anyone feel like Manny was holding back? Is that suspicious? Am I trippin? Or is he just a nice guy like that?

I just think Manny doesn't quite have that same fire and killer instinct as he once did. His skills are after all eroding and it's safe to say he's out of his prime. When I went back and looked at the fight, I easily counted four or five rounds that Bradley could've easily been viewed as winning before a big straight left or series of flurries from Manny. Manny made the mistake of taking too much time off in various rounds, expecting Bradley to come forward straight at him even after he had tipped his hand, retreating and hoping to counter-punch after sustaining his foot injury(ies). It reminded me much of Pac taking it easy after he had presumably fractured Margarito's orbital bone. Pac did look noticeably tired in the Championship rounds, I can only imagine how much more tired he would be had he not let up the gas pedal the first few minutes of each round.

For the people who say Manny was in on the fix, I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Were you expecting Manny to rip off his gloves and shout out obscenities at the judges? It's Pacquiao after all. He gets beat up in the head, smiles and throws his gloves together wanting more.
I love boxing.... I hate promoters. They ruin and will continue destroy a once great sport. Boxing has become exactly like WWE...
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
I love boxing.... I hate promoters. They ruin and will continue destroy a once great sport. Boxing has become exactly like WWE...

But wwe fans don't feel robbed when they watch a wrestling match nor do they place bets on them
Share 49ersWebzone