LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Manny is laughing all the way to the bank. A multi million dollar rematch with a cump that he can easily beat?
And he didn't seem too upset about the decision
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol it should be the other way around

"I dont always lose, but When I do, I WIN"
pages 13-15 are full of gold
  • Antix
  • Veteran
At least the rematch will have hype which is what boxing is built on.
Originally posted by Antix:

Unless there is an investigation into this I have a feeling boxing will get a backlash to this. I for one don't plan on purchasing this fight like I usually do for Pac fights.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Antix:

Unless there is an investigation into this I have a feeling boxing will get a backlash to this. I for one don't plan on purchasing this fight like I usually do for Pac fights.

Have to agree with Antix, this fight wasn't gonna be a big PPV or ticket draw. Now, we have a revenge set up, leaving Manny as the "hero" avenging against the undefeated champion. They are ALL laughing all the way to the bank in November, and then hopefully get PBF Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Manny is laughing all the way to the bank. A multi million dollar rematch with a cump that he can easily beat?

He's relieved he doesn't have to worry about talks of a fight with Floyd for a little while at least
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Jun 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
^^^That is IF there's a rematch....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-pacquiao-bradley-20120611,0,5421219.story

Fight promoter Bob Arum said after the bout that he heard from ticket brokers who said they would have trouble selling seats to a Bradley rematch because most fight watchers considered the World Boxing Organization welterweight title bout on Saturday at the MGM Grand a one-sided Pacquiao victory.

"The brokers are telling us if we make a Bradley rematch, no one will go," Arum said.

Todd duBoef, president of Arum's Top Rank promotional company, said he'd like to see the results of polls asking fans if they want a rematch before committing to a second fight.

Also Bradley's is looking for double the payout from yesterday. As the champion* he's "entitled" to it, i guess.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jimrat:

he knows the game
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
^^^That is IF there's a rematch....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-pacquiao-bradley-20120611,0,5421219.story

Fight promoter Bob Arum said after the bout that he heard from ticket brokers who said they would have trouble selling seats to a Bradley rematch because most fight watchers considered the World Boxing Organization welterweight title bout on Saturday at the MGM Grand a one-sided Pacquiao victory.

"The brokers are telling us if we make a Bradley rematch, no one will go," Arum said.

Todd duBoef, president of Arum's Top Rank promotional company, said he'd like to see the results of polls asking fans if they want a rematch before committing to a second fight.

Also Bradley's is looking for double the payout from yesterday. As the champion* he's "entitled" to it, i guess.

As I said before. Pac doesn't need Bradley. He should either retire after this b******t or fight Floyd. Who cares if he avenges this b******t loss to Bradley. No one wants to see it. This isn't going to make Bradley a house hold name and a big draw. He will be forgotten about by next week.

As I said before. Pac doesn't need Bradley. He should either retire after this b******t or fight Floyd. Who cares if he avenges this b******t loss to Bradley. No one wants to see it. This isn't going to make Bradley a house hold name and a big draw. He will be forgotten about by next week.

i'd strongly consider if i were pac.

heck, i'd strongly consider if i were mayweather too. if i'm his shoes, i'm preserving my record knowing the sport can/will/would fk you over like that.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i'd strongly consider if i were pac.

heck, i'd strongly consider if i were mayweather too. if i'm his shoes, i'm preserving my record knowing the sport can/will/would fk you over like that.

Yep.

The sport is f**ked. Those two should just call it a career and enjoy the rest of their lives. Without them the sport will die quickly. And I will say good riddance.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
reminded me of that one time where Delahoya got his ass beat for 12 rounds and still got the decision win because the Hopkins fight was already scheduled. Boxing is a fkn joke.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
reminded me of that one time where Delahoya got his ass beat for 12 rounds and still got the decision win because the Hopkins fight was already scheduled. Boxing is a fkn joke.

lol. off the top of my head, the last time i was this shocked over a decision was Holyfield-Lewis 1. I was cheering for Holyfield all fight, but he got dominated.

Draw my butt.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Reported for inciting. Emotions are too high right now
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Jun 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone