[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jun 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM ]
There are 678 users in the forums
2013 San Francisco Giants Thread
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM
- MuggD
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,990
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:22 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Average starting pitcher makes about $5m/year. Zito will make $7m next year no matter what. Sign him to an extension to make both sides happy so we dont burn $7m next year for nothing.
I want Matt Garza if he's not extended as a high-risk, high-reward move (I hope he won't make a ton of money but it's the MLB). I'd keep Vogey at $6.5 for next year as I think he'll turn the corner after he's healthy. I'd then try to bring up one minor league pitcher, probably Kickham for a full season and let him take his bumps.
Garza is definitely an option, so is trading for Bud Norris (arbitration eligible for the next two years) or signing someone like AJ Burnett, Scott Feldman or even Paul Maholm. I really like Maholm or Norris specifically and think either one (or both) could be great additions.
MadBum
Cain
Maholm (LHP - sign)
Vogey
Norris (RHP - trade)
I would have to take a wait and see on Vogey. Quite frankly I could see Zito, Lincy, and Vogelsong all gone. That is a lot of money saved and we could go get some pitching. I like Maholm and Norris both.
Yah, I'm not married to Vogey at all and definitely think we should wait to see how he does when he gets back. If he finishes 2013 strong they can exercise the 2014 option. If not, he's a goner along with Timmy and Zito.
I agree Vogey needs to retire after the season
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
Originally posted by Muggins:Originally posted by Rubberneck36:Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.
dude is freakish strong. I mentioned this last year, but last year when the Giants played in DC against the Nats...Bum was taking BP and was hitting homers on the left field porch above the stands. They were by far the longest shots of anyone taking BP, and probably were 450+ foot shots. Next time you see a Nats game, look behind the left field seats and you will see a big concrete walkway with a building behind it. He was hitting it up there by the building. Hella strong.
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM
- VaBeachNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,128
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.
Plus Bum was ready to throw down Bones Jones style.
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.
dude is freakish strong. I mentioned this last year, but last year when the Giants played in DC against the Nats...Bum was taking BP and was hitting homers on the left field porch above the stands. They were by far the longest shots of anyone taking BP, and probably were 450+ foot shots. Next time you see a Nats game, look behind the left field seats and you will see a big concrete walkway with a building behind it. He was hitting it up there by the building. Hella strong.
that got me hyped seeing Bum's calm ass walking towards the batter's box saying "let's go". he would've pounded that scrub.
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
Originally posted by SF69ers:that got me hyped seeing Bum's calm ass walking towards the batter's box saying "let's go". he would've pounded that scrub.
Ya, but dude took him yard after, but we got the win which is all that counts.
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:Originally posted by SF69ers:that got me hyped seeing Bum's calm ass walking towards the batter's box saying "let's go". he would've pounded that scrub.
Ya, but dude took him yard after, but we got the win which is all that counts.
Guzman = a scrub that is also a Giants killer :(
Jun 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM
- bayarealuv
- Veteran
- Posts: 57,777
madbum is a G..
Jun 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.
When I saw the highlights later and Bum motioned at him "lets go" I was like
... Bum would've whooped his ass
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Oh.. but giving Barry Zito another 16 million is realistic?
Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.
LOL. Not sure I need to provide anything to you other than to say paying Barry Zito 21 to 23 million dollars is about as realistic as Pablo Sandoval checking in at 190 next year.
Where are you getting 23 million from? $7 Mill per year over 2 years = $14m
And please get off this personal vendetta against me. It's really childish.
Ever since I called you and 99 out for having a pointless argument(s), which wasn't even Giants related, you have been quoting all my posts and analyzing every word.
Please, get the f**k over it.
I have no vendentta against you. I just think you are a lousy poster and not very informed.
Lets do the math... 7 million if Giants opt out of the currnet contract + 14 million for a new deal for 2 years = 21
ist grade Math
7
+14
_____
21
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.
I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.
I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.
I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.
I'm tired of us trading away our type guys for not always a perfect deal. We need to save Gary Brown 1 more year
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.
I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.
I wonder if they might want a guy like Angel Villalona instead. He's the perfect guy for that stadium and I don't believe they have anything in the pipeline in terms of a serious 1st base prospect. Who knows, that might've been what the Giants had in mind all along instead of just parting ways with him after the murder stuff....see if Angel could salvage his career to the point where he could be used as a trade piece.
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,616
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no vendentta against you. I just think you are a lousy poster and not very informed.
Lets do the math... 7 million if Giants opt out of the currnet contract + 14 million for a new deal for 2 years = 21
ist grade Math
7
+14
_____
21
thats exactly why I am saying we opt out and re-sign him. Opt out, he gets 7mill. Give him an extra million + and $6m the following year and youre good.
it's only a solution if we do not bring vogey and timmy back.
I think Timmy is a goner and Vogey has been way worse than Zito this year so far. I am not sure he turns it around - definitely a wait and see thing.