LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Average starting pitcher makes about $5m/year. Zito will make $7m next year no matter what. Sign him to an extension to make both sides happy so we dont burn $7m next year for nothing.

I want Matt Garza if he's not extended as a high-risk, high-reward move (I hope he won't make a ton of money but it's the MLB). I'd keep Vogey at $6.5 for next year as I think he'll turn the corner after he's healthy. I'd then try to bring up one minor league pitcher, probably Kickham for a full season and let him take his bumps.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Average starting pitcher makes about $5m/year. Zito will make $7m next year no matter what. Sign him to an extension to make both sides happy so we dont burn $7m next year for nothing.

I want Matt Garza if he's not extended as a high-risk, high-reward move (I hope he won't make a ton of money but it's the MLB). I'd keep Vogey at $6.5 for next year as I think he'll turn the corner after he's healthy. I'd then try to bring up one minor league pitcher, probably Kickham for a full season and let him take his bumps.

Garza is definitely an option, so is trading for Bud Norris (arbitration eligible for the next two years) or signing someone like AJ Burnett, Scott Feldman or even Paul Maholm. I really like Maholm or Norris specifically and think either one (or both) could be great additions.

MadBum
Cain
Maholm (LHP - sign)
Vogey
Norris (RHP - trade)
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jun 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Garza is definitely an option, so is trading for Bud Norris (arbitration eligible for the next two years) or signing someone like AJ Burnett, Scott Feldman or even Paul Maholm. I really like Maholm or Norris specifically and think either one (or both) could be great additions.

MadBum
Cain
Maholm (LHP - sign)
Vogey
Norris (RHP - trade)

I would have to take a wait and see on Vogey. Quite frankly I could see Zito, Lincy, and Vogelsong all gone. That is a lot of money saved and we could go get some pitching. I like Maholm and Norris both.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

MadBum
Cain
Maholm (LHP - sign)
Vogey
Norris (RHP - trade)

I would have to take a wait and see on Vogey. Quite frankly I could see Zito, Lincy, and Vogelsong all gone. That is a lot of money saved and we could go get some pitching. I like Maholm and Norris both.

Yah, I'm not married to Vogey at all and definitely think we should wait to see how he does when he gets back. If he finishes 2013 strong they can exercise the 2014 option. If not, he's a goner along with Timmy and Zito.
Was on the course today during the game....great win with a big hit by Blanco

glad Bum went after Guzman for acting like a little b***h celebrating his HR

then he got owned later lol oh well
Missed the game but glad to see MadBum continue our SP success.

The White Shark is on fire right now
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Unless Vogey turns it around I'd rather have Zito than him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

We've burnt over 70 mil on Zito, what's another 7 mil going to hurt.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

We've burnt over 70 mil on Zito, what's another 7 mil going to hurt.

Thats not the only issue.

The issue is most likely, Vogey and Lincecum are gone next year. If you want to waste $7m and get rid of Zito, we are going to have to revamp the entire staff...
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Oh.. but giving Barry Zito another 16 million is realistic?

Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.

LOL. Not sure I need to provide anything to you other than to say paying Barry Zito 21 to 23 million dollars is about as realistic as Pablo Sandoval checking in at 190 next year.

Where are you getting 23 million from? $7 Mill per year over 2 years = $14m

And please get off this personal vendetta against me. It's really childish.
Ever since I called you and 99 out for having a pointless argument(s), which wasn't even Giants related, you have been quoting all my posts and analyzing every word.

Please, get the f**k over it.

Oh.. but giving Barry Zito another 16 million is realistic?

Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.

LOL. Not sure I need to provide anything to you other than to say paying Barry Zito 21 to 23 million dollars is about as realistic as Pablo Sandoval checking in at 190 next year.

Where are you getting 23 million from? $7 Mill per year over 2 years = $14m

And please get off this personal vendetta against me. It's really childish.
Ever since I called you and 99 out for having a pointless argument(s), which wasn't even Giants related, you have been quoting all my posts and analyzing every word.

Please, get the f**k over it.

Its not because you "called us out" for an argument a few weeks ago...
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its not because you "called us out" for an argument a few weeks ago...

• MuggD
  • Veteran
lol garcin'
In the last 24 years, the NL MVP has been on the Giants 8 times. Kevin Mitchell, Barry Bonds (5 times), Jeff Kent, and Buster Posey. Averaging an MVP every 3 years isnt bad...

Wouldnt be surprised if Posey tacked on another couple before his career is over.
Originally posted by Niners99:
In the last 24 years, the NL MVP has been on the Giants 8 times. Kevin Mitchell, Barry Bonds (5 times), Jeff Kent, and Buster Posey. Averaging an MVP every 3 years isnt bad...

Wouldnt be surprised if Posey tacked on another couple before his career is over.

not bad. Maybe one day Belt will be on the list.
Share 49ersWebzone