LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.

I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.

I'm tired of us trading away our type guys for not always a perfect deal. We need to save Gary Brown 1 more year

Well.. I hear you. This would not be like the infamous Wheeler for Beltran deal. Norris has a very cheap contract and is a proven major league starter that I would classify as a #3 or #4 guy in any rotation. Gary Brown is certainly a dilemma. If he gets it together and suddenly becomes what you hoped for then you would kick yourself for dealing him. If he sucks again next year then he has absolutley no trade value.

I would trade Gary Brown for Norris in a heartbeat, especially with the emergence of Perez (who might end up being about the same player as Brown is, but is more versatile and has a better arm).

Have to agree here with you Ghost. As I said, you might kick yourself if Brown suddenly gets it together but this would be a good deal for the Giants. With the possibility of losing 3 starters next year it would be sweet to get a cheap and effective guy like Bud Norris.

Just as a small aside, Gary Brown has been lighting it up as of late (.415/.442/.902 in his last ten with 5 HR's) and I'm not sure I'd be willing to trade him just yet. I think Bud Norris will be a serviceable #3/#4 but I guess we'll wait and see what happens, I think I'm just not as sold on him as everyone else. But he's not a FA until 2016 and would be a good solution. I'm torn to say the least.
From Schulman a few minutes ago:

What I've heard: If the Marlins were to trade starter Ricky Nolasco,

his first choice is to come to the #sfgiants. Makes sense on many levels. He's a California boy. He has a big contract, so the Giants could take on money and not give up big prospect. Has an 0.87 ERA in four starts at AT&T. Plus, since he wants to be here, chances of re-signing him as a free agent would increase. I also understand he's a good friend of Sergio Romo. Nolasco is 30.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I'd rather pay a little more for a more talented pitcher in Nolasco than give up a lot to get a cheaper middle of the road never going to be more than a 4th starter Bud Norris.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

his first choice is to come to the #sfgiants. Makes sense on many levels. He's a California boy. He has a big contract, so the Giants could take on money and not give up big prospect. Has an 0.87 ERA in four starts at AT&T. Plus, since he wants to be here, chances of re-signing him as a free agent would increase. I also understand he's a good friend of Sergio Romo. Nolasco is 30.

Boner initiated
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Boner initiated

I like him for the next 2-3 years on a $6 mil/year deal. I think he'd be good in our park for sure and bridge the gap for the youngins.

Something like: Cain, Bumgarner, Nolasco, Kickham and Vogey wouldn't be terrible until Blackburn, Crick and Stratton can come up (if they pan out).
I guess Kap is throwing the first pitch at tomorrow's game. Cool.
Fkn injuries
getting no-hit by some dude I've never even heard of.
Is Greg Maddux pitching for the Marlins??!!! WTF!
Just got in. Why did Gaudin leave after 4.1

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Arias!
I always feel nervous when affeldt comes in, he is so un reliable
Just got in. Why did Gaudin leave after 4.1

hit by a line drive
nice going affeldt you worthless piece of s**t
Affeldt gives it up once again, this guy has done jack s**t since relieving jonathon Sanchez in the nlcs 2 years ago
Share 49ersWebzone