There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
any team that take davis overall #1 is stupid, the guy is too SKINNY for the nba, he will be punked when he plays with the men... look when ever he plays big bodies he doesn't do to well... davis needs to stay another year or 2 at least..... he really needs to bulk up and put some muscle on his frame.

Kevin Garnett.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
any team that take davis overall #1 is stupid, the guy is too SKINNY for the nba, he will be punked when he plays with the men... look when ever he plays big bodies he doesn't do to well... davis needs to stay another year or 2 at least..... he really needs to bulk up and put some muscle on his frame.

Kevin Garnett.

Keith Closs
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Anthony Davis absolutely deserves the #1 overall selection, IMO. Just remember that the guy is only 18, I believe and is still growing. He grew like 8 inches in a year and a half and could possibly grow another couple inches. He's also a defensive presence in the post with his innate blocking abilities. He can knock down a midrange jumper and has even shown that he has the range to knock down threes.

He was Originally being recruited as a guard until he hit that growth spurt. In his highlights, you can see his agility as a big man, especially handling the ball and he has a sweet 20 foot jumper. He is just learning to play as a PF/C and won a national championship!! He is still growing into his body and already is impressive.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
any team that take davis overall #1 is stupid, the guy is too SKINNY for the nba, he will be punked when he plays with the men... look when ever he plays big bodies he doesn't do to well... davis needs to stay another year or 2 at least..... he really needs to bulk up and put some muscle on his frame.

Kevin Garnett.

Keith Closs

Doesn't count. He was a ginger.
Shabazz Muhammad is going to UCLA next year. They offer cheap tickets to my school, so I'm gonna see if I can take the team on a road trip next year. Dude's a future superstar. He's the first guy I've ever said, "He reminds me of a young, left handed Kobe Bryant" about. Obviously that will depend on his work ethic, but I can't wait to see what he's gonna be.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Shabazz Muhammad is going to UCLA next year. They offer cheap tickets to my school, so I'm gonna see if I can take the team on a road trip next year. Dude's a future superstar. He's the first guy I've ever said, "He reminds me of a young, left handed Kobe Bryant" about. Obviously that will depend on his work ethic, but I can't wait to see what he's gonna be.


Wow, I actually thought he was going to Kentucky with the prospect of playing next to Noel (if Noel decides to play there).
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, I actually thought he was going to Kentucky with the prospect of playing next to Noel (if Noel decides to play there).

Noel did decide on Kentucky. I'm stoked that Muhammad's gonna be local. UCLA also got Kyle Anderson, who's the #5 prospect on ESPN's Top 100. Arizona did really well too, so the Pac 12 will hopefully get out of the doldrums they've been in.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, I actually thought he was going to Kentucky with the prospect of playing next to Noel (if Noel decides to play there).

Noel did decide on Kentucky. I'm stoked that Muhammad's gonna be local. UCLA also got Kyle Anderson, who's the #5 prospect on ESPN's Top 100. Arizona did really well too, so the Pac 12 will hopefully get out of the doldrums they've been in.

Oh damn, I forgot that UCLA got Anderson. That'll be fun to watch. I was just really looking forward to Noel and Shabazz. Either way, I feel like those two will be in the top 5 of the draft next year.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, I actually thought he was going to Kentucky with the prospect of playing next to Noel (if Noel decides to play there).

Noel did decide on Kentucky. I'm stoked that Muhammad's gonna be local. UCLA also got Kyle Anderson, who's the #5 prospect on ESPN's Top 100. Arizona did really well too, so the Pac 12 will hopefully get out of the doldrums they've been in.

Whoa! Now only if he can learn to play from the right side of the court. LOL! I don't think I have ever seen a highlight of a player from only one side of the court (minus one play).

Rarely do you see a HS player with a decent jumper.
he dunks like Stacey Augmon
Originally posted by Joecool:
Whoa! Now only if he can learn to play from the right side of the court. LOL! I don't think I have ever seen a highlight of a player from only one side of the court (minus one play).

Rarely do you see a HS player with a decent jumper.

LOL. C'mon...there were at least 3. Actually, my favorite highlight in the video was when he's on the right block, drop steps baseline, and makes a jump hook with his right hand. Probably not a shot he'll take very often, but it shows that he's put in some serious time in the gym. Lefties don't do that naturally.

He has freakish arms. I'm talking Durant kinda length (proportionately speaking), except he's about 4 inches shorter. And you're right that you rarely see a HS player with a good jumper, or at least one with his physical ability with a decent J. It's kind of a catch 22, because if a kid has a huge physical advantage over his opponent you don't want him to settle for a jumper, so that means that a lot of the really talented kids don't learn how to shoot until college or (more often) when they're 3-4 years into their pro career.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
he dunks like Stacey Augmon

Oh, nice comparison. Crazy long like Augmon too. Much better offensive player though.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Whoa! Now only if he can learn to play from the right side of the court. LOL! I don't think I have ever seen a highlight of a player from only one side of the court (minus one play).

Rarely do you see a HS player with a decent jumper.

LOL. C'mon...there were at least 3. Actually, my favorite highlight in the video was when he's on the right block, drop steps baseline, and makes a jump hook with his right hand. Probably not a shot he'll take very often, but it shows that he's put in some serious time in the gym. Lefties don't do that naturally.

He has freakish arms. I'm talking Durant kinda length (proportionately speaking), except he's about 4 inches shorter. And you're right that you rarely see a HS player with a good jumper, or at least one with his physical ability with a decent J. It's kind of a catch 22, because if a kid has a huge physical advantage over his opponent you don't want him to settle for a jumper, so that means that a lot of the really talented kids don't learn how to shoot until college or (more often) when they're 3-4 years into their pro career.

Totally agree. He just needs to keep working hard and hope he keeps physically developing.
Lol. Shabazz. I hope he's eventually drafted by the Jazz.