LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Thomas Robinson is legit. Can't wait to see him play in the NBA.
Perry Jones entered as well
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

i think he'll be a bust
Originally posted by ImaMod:

i think he'll be a bust

the problem with Jones is that he seems to play like a dude who's 6'7 when he's like 6'11
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

i think he'll be a bust

the problem with Jones is that he seems to play like a dude who's 6'7 when he's like 6'11

Agreed. For a guy that's close to 6'11 - 7', he tries to play like a PG
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

i think he'll be a bust

Agreed. For a guy that's close to 6'11 - 7', he tries to play like a PG

so im not sure if thats coaching, or the way baylor plays or if he's incapable of playing bigger.

obviously if its one of the former, he can be fixed to become a force.
any team that take davis overall #1 is stupid, the guy is too SKINNY for the nba, he will be punked when he plays with the men... look when ever he plays big bodies he doesn't do to well... davis needs to stay another year or 2 at least..... he really needs to bulk up and put some muscle on his frame.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
any team that take davis overall #1 is stupid, the guy is too SKINNY for the nba, he will be punked when he plays with the men... look when ever he plays big bodies he doesn't do to well... davis needs to stay another year or 2 at least..... he really needs to bulk up and put some muscle on his frame.

He is the next Marcus Camby which isnt all that bad

He is the next Marcus Camby which isnt all that bad

I agree with both posts. I dont think he should be deserving of the #1 overall though.....Im probably in the minority with that.

Tyson Chandler is arguably the 2nd best defensive center in the game and he's super lanky too...he's about 3 inches taller than Davis but only about 20 pounds heavier.

Originally posted by andes14:

Tyson Chandler is arguably the 2nd best defensive center in the game and he's super lanky too...he's about 3 inches taller than Davis but only about 20 pounds heavier.
i would say 20 lbs is a big deal

A lot of people thought Durant was too skinny coming out as well. Davis needs to bulk up, but not too much. I think he will be fine.
Originally posted by saniner:

A lot of people thought Durant was too skinny coming out as well. Davis needs to bulk up, but not too much. I think he will be fine.

Dude has plenty of filling out to do. He is a year out of high school, he's barely even a man.
I want Perry Jones on the Warriors now
Anthony Davis absolutely deserves the #1 overall selection, IMO. Just remember that the guy is only 18, I believe and is still growing. He grew like 8 inches in a year and a half and could possibly grow another couple inches. He's also a defensive presence in the post with his innate blocking abilities. He can knock down a midrange jumper and has even shown that he has the range to knock down threes.
Share 49ersWebzone