LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 322 users in the forums

2012 NBA Draft Thread

What are some of your thoughts on Meyers Leonard? Besides youtube videos, I haven't actually watched him play live.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
What are some of your thoughts on Meyers Leonard? Besides youtube videos, I haven't actually watched him play live.

I think I'd like him more as Leonard Meyers.

Solid player. Legit 7 footer. Average really all around
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I think I'd like him more as Leonard Meyers.

LOL it would make more sense.

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Solid player. Legit 7 footer. Average really all around

Besides his size (you can't teach being 7 foot), it's his athleticism that intrigues me.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

hes tall and athletic as hell

that is all.
did anyone else see this? http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8048426/nba-commissioner-david-stern-radio-host-jim-rome-get-lottery

jim rome asked david stern if the lottery was rigged and david stern asked jim rome if he still beats his wife. LOL
Lol'd

Jim Rome is a douche
Originally posted by YungAce:
Lol'd

Jim Rome is a douche

Maybe so, but Stern was ridiculous in his response. The "do you still beat your wife" question is an example of a loaded question, meaning that regardless of whether you say yes or no, you're admitting guilt. Stern used it as a rhetorical response to a legitimate question, and Rome actually stayed professional throughout the interview.

Stern's gone completely off of the deep end the last couple of years.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Just posted that in the NBA thread, didn't know it already posted but I hope that little prick Stern burns in hell lol
That response by Stern was great! Jim Rome should know better than asking Stern the question he ask. It's nice to see someone in Stern's position fire right back to reporters who ask loaded questions.

Stern responded: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Since Rome has no history of spousal abuse, it appears that the commissioner was using a traditional loaded question as a tool to make his point: that the question itself, in this case about the lottery, presumes guilt.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Lol'd

Jim Rome is a douche

Maybe so, but Stern was ridiculous in his response. The "do you still beat your wife" question is an example of a loaded question, meaning that regardless of whether you say yes or no, you're admitting guilt. Stern used it as a rhetorical response to a legitimate question, and Rome actually stayed professional throughout the interview.

Stayed professional. How about the initial question was "I know you appreciate a good conspiracy theory like the next guy but was the fix in for the lottery" really good way to word a question but I suppose when Rome is the sports version of a shock jock you have to expect trashy worded questions like that. Rome in the words of Stern totally pouted up at the end of the interview because Stern turned it around on him and made him look stupid. I have listened to Rome a lot over the years and when "that was a really good interview" he always finds more time to continue it as soon as Stern turned the table in wanted to go to a commercial break.

Maybe Rome had the wrong celebrity in the smack off in Sonnen because Stern sure laid the smack down on him.
Stupid question by Rome. How did he think Stern would react anyway? .... Sure Jimmy.. we rigged the thing. It made sense for the NBA to do that. I'm sure our fans wont care.

Rome can be a complete idiot at times - and this was one of those times. Stern had every right to fire back.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Lol'd

Jim Rome is a douche

Stayed professional. How about the initial question was "I know you appreciate a good conspiracy theory like the next guy but was the fix in for the lottery" really good way to word a question but I suppose when Rome is the sports version of a shock jock you have to expect trashy worded questions like that. Rome in the words of Stern totally pouted up at the end of the interview because Stern turned it around on him and made him look stupid. I have listened to Rome a lot over the years and when "that was a really good interview" he always finds more time to continue it as soon as Stern turned the table in wanted to go to a commercial break.

Maybe Rome had the wrong celebrity in the smack off in Sonnen because Stern sure laid the smack down on him.

Rome wanted to get out of that interview quick so the loaded question asked to him wouldn't cause rumors...isn't much fun when the table is turned.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Lol'd

Jim Rome is a douche

Rome wanted to get out of that interview quick so the loaded question asked to him wouldn't cause rumors...isn't much fun when the table is turned.

You could hear how flustered Rome was, I love the Stephen A Smith comment. That was a direct shot a Rome because Stephen A is on ESPN who Rome is trying to trash without trashing right now. If anyone listened yesterday he booked Teddy Atlas to be on the show and tried to claim he didn't know that he was a part of ESPN and that ESPN's policy is not to allow there employees to comment on rivals shows. It came across as a guy who has sour grapes I mean come on man your meant to be this great sports Guru and you don't know who employs Teddy Atlas your either think your audience is stupid or you are not as intelligent as you think you are.
[ Edited by 49erstrandedinclev on Jun 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM ]
i dont know about you guys but jim rome asked the questions i wanted to hear. stern was very defensive from the start and i think it was a legitimate question to ask because a lot of people have been talking about it. they both are douche bags though
Share 49ersWebzone