LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Joe Paterno Passes Away

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Show the man some respect. I would ask the mods to warn people for inappropriate comments.

I know the whole Penn State situation brings out a lot of emotions but this was still a man that did many good things in his life and his death is sad.

This is an Internet forum, free speech.

If someone doesnt give a s**t, you can't make them give a s**t or you cant censor them.

You need to have thicker skin and ignore things, in life in general, and especially the Internet.
This.
People in general like to think of things in terms of black and white. In reality, they are almost always gray.

Did he make one big mistake that will tarnish his whole legacy? Yes. But it doesn't undue the good he did in his life.
Not surprised. I had a feeling once he was done with the football program, his body would give out. But I think the sorrow of the whole Sandusky fiasco only accelerated his health problems.

Joe Pa will be missed.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:57 AM ]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
R.I.P. Joe Pa
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
"Wait. Is that a small boy trying to touch me? C'MON."

Where do I even begin? Back in November, at the age of 85, legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno was fired after a grand jury testimony revealed that former defensive coordinator Jerry Sanduskywas basically using Penn State football facilities as his own personal child-rape dungeon, and in the sake of preserving the university's image, was simply told to take it elsewhere. Jump to three months later, and Joe Paterno died yesterday, according toCBS Sports, so it's a pretty safe bet that the guilt accelerated his cancer and killed him. As it should've. Fortunately, from his death, we've learned that large swaths of America will overlook passing the buck on stopping a child rapist – the best case scenario at this point – when you're the "winningest" coach in sports history. So I'm already pissed that I even mentioned all his wins because if Joe Paterno's legacy should be remembered for anything, it's Jerry Sandusky and how Paterno followed the bare minimum legal requirements instead of using his immeasurable clout to say, "Hey, we found this guy raping kids, let's make sure that ends NOW." What those kids got instead was the following quote from his last interview with theWashington Post, that Paterno gave a week before dying from his sickbed to preserve his legacy:

"I didn't know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the university procedure was."

"Sorry, kids, but according to this handbook, I'm only supposed to tell Tim Curley and then get back to leading young men to excellence by saying things like 'Success with honor.' You understand?" Of course, probably the most amazing quote from the interview that apologists who want to blame Mike McQueary for not giving Paterno all the details seem to overlook is that Joe Paterno actually tried to say he'd never heard of a man raping another man before. No, really:

"You know, he didn't want to get specific," Paterno said. "And to be frank with you I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man. So I just did what I thought was best. I talked to people that I thought would be, if there was a problem, that would be following up on it."

So for those of you trying to maintain a sweet, grandfatherly image of JoePA, at least know that he wasn't a fan of prison movies. On that note, if Joe Paterno's legacy is to be an example of anything, it's that blind hero worship is goddamn retarded and there's a very simple truth why: Inside the heart of every single man, woman and child, whether it's Mother Teresa or old-timey football coaches, lies an a*****e. For such is the human condition. Homo assholicus they should've called us

http://www.thesuperficial.com/joe-paterno-death-01-2012
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
double post...
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Don't feel sorry for somebody more concerned with a sport than the lives of children
RIP JOE PA
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein

Whomever is behind this, he's sick, twisted and comically-inspired:@UndeadPaterno.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
There will never be another.

RIP Joe Pa

let's hope not.
OMG. I literally LOL'd.

Beaver Stadium today
to all you ignorant people still hating on Joe:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Joe-Paterno-Penn-State-scandal-legacy-just-shows-he-is-human-012312
Originally posted by spizzy:
to all you ignorant people still hating on Joe:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Joe-Paterno-Penn-State-scandal-legacy-just-shows-he-is-human-012312

i think you're the ignorant one
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
If I new with 100% certainty that some dude I know was molesting/raping kids, I'd do something about it. A child's innocence >>>>>>>>> football. C'mon man. Everyone that kept this in house and didn't go to the cops deserves to burn in hell. Including this old f**k.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
If I new with 100% certainty that some dude I know was molesting/raping kids, I'd do something about it. A child's innocence >>>>>>>>> football. C'mon man. Everyone that kept this in house and didn't go to the cops deserves to burn in hell. Including this old f**k.

well said.......
Share 49ersWebzone