There are 212 users in the forums

Joe Paterno Passes Away

Paterno did the job, and in hindsight some will say he stayed too long. But as Brent Musburger told Dan Patrick more than three years ago, Paterno feared that, if he retired, he'd soon die — like Bear Bryant did less than a month after retiring from the University of Alabama.

Originally posted by spizzy:
Its funny how all you guys are paying your respects now, were all the same people who were trashing him when the whole Sandusky news broke. And Sus that was the most ignorant and insulting comment that you could possibly say about Joe right now

He deserved to be fired. I don't think this should overshadow his life though.

Take this scandal out and he ran a spotless football program for 55 years. He positively effected thousands of lives. I definetily think he grossly mishandled this situation and deserved to be fired and have his career tarnished, but I'm not going to spit on the man's death because of it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Its funny how all you guys are paying your respects now, were all the same people who were trashing him when the whole Sandusky news broke. And Sus that was the most ignorant and insulting comment that you could possibly say about Joe right now

Take this scandal out and he ran a spotless football program for 55 years. He positively effected thousands of lives. I definetily think he grossly mishandled this situation and deserved to be fired and have his career tarnished, but I'm not going to spit on the man's death because of it.

I agree.

Rest in Peace JoePa, you will be missed.
RIP Joe Pa
There will never be another.

RIP Joe Pa
^^ god gave joe one last white out last night
Originally posted by okdkid:
The dude is dead (or soon to be dead). Nobody here knows him, it's okay to have fun with it. People get way too uptight. It's just life.

Its ok to HAVE FUN with this death? Really? Why does this not surprise me coming from you.

Joe Paterno made a huge mistake. He didnt handle a VERY bad situation in the way he should have. That does not mean the man wasnt a good man for many years who touched the lives of many athletes in a positive way and ran a clean program. People make him out to be equally as evil as Sandusky which is crazy.

I hope Joe Pa can rest in peace. I hope he is remembered more for the positive things he did than the scandal at the end of his career. I hope people can refrain from silly jokes and attacks on the day of his death. Is that really too much to ask?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its ok to HAVE FUN with this death? Really? Why does this not surprise me coming from you.

Joe Paterno made a huge mistake. He didnt handle a VERY bad situation in the way he should have. That does not mean the man wasnt a good man for many years who touched the lives of many athletes in a positive way and ran a clean program. People make him out to be equally as evil as Sandusky which is crazy.

I hope Joe Pa can rest in peace. I hope he is remembered more for the positive things he did than the scandal at the end of his career. I hope people can refrain from silly jokes and attacks on the day of his death. Is that really too much to ask?

THANK YOU
Originally posted by zillabeast:

rip

*edit

maybe later

Take two

Rip

Originally posted by vrabbit:
just a sad story

This. R.I.P.
I don't think he was a kiddy fiddler, but he did know that kiddy fiddling was going on in HIS locker room by one of HIS coaches and CHOSE not to involve the police.

He put the football program above the safety of children and I am sorry, but that is reprehensible. Decades of good destroyed in an instant. We are but the sum of our parts. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Choose whatever catchphrase you wish but the simple fact is this scandal has tainted Paterno. For all those that said that this scandal should not be brought up, it was precisely that same action... sweeping it under the rug... that brought is here in the first place. Had Joe Paterno gone to the POLICE... not the administration... but the POLICE, when he was aware that a child was RAPED in his locker room, AND, he knew who the perpetrator was, we would ALL be seeing him in a different light. He would truly be the hero figure we all thought he was.

Now he is dead and quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I hope he felt no pain and went peacefully. I feel bad for his loved ones. I feel bad for his former players... they were without blame... but to be honest, that's it. Let his higher power be his judge now.

My only regret is that scumbag Sandusky didn't go with him!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I agree.

Rest in Peace JoePa, you will be missed.

+1
he got off easy compared to all those kids. hey, but he did the bare minimum he obligated to do legally, so its all good.
Originally posted by CainanUK:
I don't think he was a kiddy fiddler, but he did know that kiddy fiddling was going on in HIS locker room by one of HIS coaches and CHOSE not to involve the police.

He put the football program above the safety of children and I am sorry, but that is reprehensible. Decades of good destroyed in an instant. We are but the sum of our parts. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Choose whatever catchphrase you wish but the simple fact is this scandal has tainted Paterno. For all those that said that this scandal should not be brought up, it was precisely that same action... sweeping it under the rug... that brought is here in the first place. Had Joe Paterno gone to the POLICE... not the administration... but the POLICE, when he was aware that a child was RAPED in his locker room, AND, he knew who the perpetrator was, we would ALL be seeing him in a different light. He would truly be the hero figure we all thought he was.

Now he is dead and quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I hope he felt no pain and went peacefully. I feel bad for his loved ones. I feel bad for his former players... they were without blame... but to be honest, that's it. Let his higher power be his judge now.

My only regret is that scumbag Sandusky didn't go with him!

This
Share 49ersWebzone