LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Joe Paterno Passes Away

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Earlier, I asked for some respect for the family. Right or wrong, his actions in the scandal is something that will be judged over time, not today. I am no Penn State alum, but just a decent human being. I will ask one more time for some appropriate thoughts on this subject out of respect for the man's family. If that is too difficult, we will lock it up.
may you rest in peace
RIP
Guess after the scandal he had nothing to live for. RIP.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/22/joe-paterno-1926-2012/related/

*EDIT*

oops, didn't see the thread the the other sports forum. Merge or lock, thanks!
[ Edited by 9erVillian on Jan 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
IBTM
I wonder how his soul is being judged right now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cause of death was a guilty conscience.
Its funny how all you guys are paying your respects now, were all the same people who were trashing him when the whole Sandusky news broke. And Sus that was the most ignorant and insulting comment that you could possibly say about Joe right now
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by spizzy:
Its funny how all you guys are paying your respects now, were all the same people who were trashing him when the whole Sandusky news broke. And Sus that was the most ignorant and insulting comment that you could possibly say about Joe right now

Just because he died it doesn't erase what did or didn't do in his life.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

get GOD on speed dial and ask

RIP
Originally posted by spizzy:

So if he says it later , it's ok?
A sad day for collegiate athletics, just think how many pros he groomed.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I half expected something like this to happen, people die pretty quickly on average after retirement. It's like once their career they defined themselves their whole life with is over, their body just says "Ok, I'm done."

Bear Bryant the legendary Alabama coach did the same thing, retired while the winningest coach all time, then died a few months later. Always liked Joe Paterno and rooted for Penn State. I wasn't too happy about the Sandusky incident, he should have went to the police himself. He was Joe Paterno, he could have got something done. I am all for being a "rat" if there is a victim involved in the crime.
[ Edited by BobS on Jan 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

How about: it's not being judged....he's just dead.

He had lung cancer....he was going to die. This wasn't a "died of a broken heart" BS that I'm already starting to hear.

This man does not deserve any of the sympathy he's getting to be honest.
Share 49ersWebzone