Joe Paterno Passes Away

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
R.I.P.
Joe Paw

• okdkid
  • Veteran
The Onion does it again.

Joe Paterno Dies In Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing Tomorrow

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-paterno-dies-in-hospital-doctors-promise-to-te,27125/
RIP
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by okdkid:
The Onion does it again.

Joe Paterno Dies In Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing Tomorrow

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-paterno-dies-in-hospital-doctors-promise-to-te,27125/

RIP
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
R.I.P.
Joe Paw

lol...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
I don't think he was a kiddy fiddler, but he did know that kiddy fiddling was going on in HIS locker room by one of HIS coaches and CHOSE not to involve the police.

He put the football program above the safety of children and I am sorry, but that is reprehensible. Decades of good destroyed in an instant. We are but the sum of our parts. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Choose whatever catchphrase you wish but the simple fact is this scandal has tainted Paterno. For all those that said that this scandal should not be brought up, it was precisely that same action... sweeping it under the rug... that brought is here in the first place. Had Joe Paterno gone to the POLICE... not the administration... but the POLICE, when he was aware that a child was RAPED in his locker room, AND, he knew who the perpetrator was, we would ALL be seeing him in a different light. He would truly be the hero figure we all thought he was.

Now he is dead and quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I hope he felt no pain and went peacefully. I feel bad for his loved ones. I feel bad for his former players... they were without blame... but to be honest, that's it. Let his higher power be his judge now.

My only regret is that scumbag Sandusky didn't go with him!

This
Well said.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I don't think he was a kiddy fiddler, but he did know that kiddy fiddling was going on in HIS locker room by one of HIS coaches and CHOSE not to involve the police.

He put the football program above the safety of children and I am sorry, but that is reprehensible. Decades of good destroyed in an instant. We are but the sum of our parts. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Choose whatever catchphrase you wish but the simple fact is this scandal has tainted Paterno. For all those that said that this scandal should not be brought up, it was precisely that same action... sweeping it under the rug... that brought is here in the first place. Had Joe Paterno gone to the POLICE... not the administration... but the POLICE, when he was aware that a child was RAPED in his locker room, AND, he knew who the perpetrator was, we would ALL be seeing him in a different light. He would truly be the hero figure we all thought he was.

Now he is dead and quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I hope he felt no pain and went peacefully. I feel bad for his loved ones. I feel bad for his former players... they were without blame... but to be honest, that's it. Let his higher power be his judge now.

This
Well said.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Sandusky quit Penn State in 1999. The incident that was reported to Paterno occurred in 2002. Still Paterno should have done more, but when it came out that Sandusky was an alleged pedophile he no longer was an employee of Penn State.
Originally posted by BobS:
Correct me if I am wrong, but Sandusky quit Penn State in 1999. The incident that was reported to Paterno occurred in 2002. Still Paterno should have done more, but when it came out that Sandusky was an alleged pedophile he no longer was an employee of Penn State.

Sandusky suddenly retired in '98, a very odd move considering he was thought to be the coach to replace Paterno. Sandusky was still allowed on campus and use of the Penn State facilities even after Paterno was made aware of the allegations.

Sandusky was told to merely not bring the kids on the campus.
We had a thread talking at length about Sandusky and about Paterno. If I remember correctly it got bad tempered and fizzled out. This one looks as though it is going to be a rehash. Please dont continue rehearsing the same arguments.

Joe took the easy way out and f**king died. His legacy is nothing more than a prominent Pedo-enabler. Good riddance. Let God sort 'em out now.
Originally posted by HarryPeterson:
A sad day for collegiate athletics, just think how many pros he groomed.

That's your angle? How many pros? Think of how many children he could have not let get raped! Sickening that people are talking about football when it comes to Joe Pedo's "legacy."
Originally posted by kray28:

This man does not deserve any of the sympathy he's getting to be honest.

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
There will never be another.

RIP Joe Pa

let's hope not.

/thread
Share 49ersWebzone