There are 306 users in the forums

MIKE TYSON APPRECIATION THREAD

Im sorry, but there's never been a better heavy weight in boxing. Yeah Ali was amazing and smarter, but he could handle repetivie left hooks from tyson like he did Foreman. G.O.A.T.

Enjoy this video!

In my opinion in his prime he would have defeated anybody else in their prime. Nothing anybody can say will change my opinion so dont waste your time trying
Originally posted by valrod33:
In my opinion in his prime he would have defeated anybody else in their prime. Nothing anybody can say will change my opinion so dont waste your time trying

100% agree. I mean this video is his 1st year as a pro...LOL! Granted the competition is weak
The guy lost to Buster Fricking Douglas and was an embarassment to boxing when he bit Holyfield's ear. GOAT? I dont see it. He never beat a great fighter who was in his prime. Yes, he was scary but I still cant put him at the top.
Was a huge Tyson fan while he was in his prime. The man was an absolute animal and those hooks were killer. However, if he had faced Ali while Ali was in his prime, I think Ali wins.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The guy lost to Buster Fricking Douglas and was an embarassment to boxing when he bit Holyfield's ear. GOAT? I dont see it. He never beat a great fighter who was in his prime. Yes, he was scary but I still cant put him at the top.

Personal issues aside, he's the only man to knock out holmes in 75 bouts (granted he was old) He made quick work of Michael Spinks who was never knocked out and after that he lost all focus on boxing and spiraled out of control with his personal life and getting rid of his trainers. Im speaking on pure ability. Ali in his prime vs Tyson in his prime, im winning money on tyson!
man they had a whole thing on him on espn classic a few months back.. showed all his old fights.. that dude was on some other stuff for sure
Originally posted by maximill15:

Personal issues aside, he's the only man to knock out holmes in 75 bouts (granted he was old) He made quick work of Michael Spinks who was never knocked out and after that he lost all focus on boxing and spiraled out of control with his personal life and getting rid of his trainers. Im speaking on pure ability. Ali in his prime vs Tyson in his prime, im winning money on tyson!

We will just have to agree ti disagree. I think George Foreman in his prime would have destroyed Tyson. WAY too big and strong for Tyson.
This thread rocks! Was debating my boy at work if Tyson could beat the clitko bros. Maybe im just old but i dont think they would make it past the 2nd round. Too fast and hella accurate strong to the chin.

Michael Spinks was a great LIGHT heavyweight but undersized and won the heavyweight title at a time when there were just no great fighters in their primes. Larry Holmes was WAY past his prime when he fought Tyson. I think Holmes would have beaten him in his prime. Again, just too big for Tyson.

I do think Tyson was an animal but its hard to say he was the GOAT when he lost to Douglas and never beat a great great fighter in their prime years.

i believe tyson would merk anyone in his prime after watching his early fights (forget him later in his career).. i've never seen anyone so dominant
Im sorry, but there's never been a better heavy weight in boxing. Yeah Ali was amazing and smarter, but he could handle repetivie left hooks from tyson like he did Foreman. G.O.A.T.

Enjoy this video!

major fcuking FAIL. back to GO try again nyjer's. rent some videos, do some research. i never liked tyson in his boxing days but have learned to admire him here as of late for the person he has become. good to see him make personal sacrifices to better himself as a human being. with that said let me break down whom was the GREATEST HEAVY WEIGHT BOXER OF ALL TIME so you don't have to rewind it back. in mighty mos def's voice

"Black Jack"
Black Jack Was a fighting man
Black Jack Was a mighty man
You stand them up
He knock them out Yeah Yeah
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM ]

Thanks, MT. Also, I did beat you in your own video game. You know, the one you've claimed you never played before.

We will just have to agree ti disagree. I think George Foreman in his prime would have destroyed Tyson. WAY too big and strong for Tyson.

fair enough!

Michael Spinks was a great LIGHT heavyweight but undersized and won the heavyweight title at a time when there were just no great fighters in their primes. Larry Holmes was WAY past his prime when he fought Tyson. I think Holmes would have beaten him in his prime. Again, just too big for Tyson.

I do think Tyson was an animal but its hard to say he was the GOAT when he lost to Douglas and never beat a great great fighter in their prime years.

Yeah It's sucks that he was around when there wasn't much competition in the heavy weight division. All he could do was dominate who was there!
Share 49ersWebzone