LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

MIKE TYSON APPRECIATION THREAD

• jimrat
  • Veteran
The only guy I forked over pay per view money to watch.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
made a lot of bad choices in his life... but as an athlete he was great. I do remember watching Lennox Lewis beat the s**t out of him, that was actually sad for me to watch
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Iron Mike was sooo overrated imo. Don't get me wrong, he was a badass but not even close to being the greatest.

Even in his prime, no way he even beats Lennox Lewis. Lewis, with his huge size/reach disadvantage would've outjabbed him all night and punished him.

He's not even in the same class as the true heavyweights.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat201:

yup. Most exciting fighter ever. and yes, he would've KO'd Ali in the first. Both in their primes.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

yup. Most exciting fighter ever. and yes, he would've KO'd Ali in the first. Both in their primes.
Would have been interesting to see what he could have done if they were in the same era, he was built similiar to Frazier but with more power.
Originally posted by Amir:
Iron Mike was sooo overrated imo. Don't get me wrong, he was a badass but not even close to being the greatest.

Even in his prime, no way he even beats Lennox Lewis. Lewis, with his huge size/reach disadvantage would've outjabbed him all night and punished him.

He's not even in the same class as the true heavyweights.

He knocked out plenty of big dudes, people just ignore or forget that Tyson had great D, and counter speed. Lenox wouldn't stand a chance.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

even i chuckled at that mere notion. but when will people give Jack Johnson his dues.
I don't think he's the GOAT but he is a badass.

BTW, there are very few fighters that have actually beaten a great while in their prime anyway. You could count them on one hand.
Originally posted by maximill15:
The guy lost to Buster Fricking Douglas and was an embarassment to boxing when he bit Holyfield's ear. GOAT? I dont see it. He never beat a great fighter who was in his prime. Yes, he was scary but I still cant put him at the top.

Personal issues aside, he's the only man to knock out holmes in 75 bouts (granted he was old) He made quick work of Michael Spinks who was never knocked out and after that he lost all focus on boxing and spiraled out of control with his personal life and getting rid of his trainers. Im speaking on pure ability. Ali in his prime vs Tyson in his prime, im winning money on tyson!

We will just have to agree ti disagree. I think George Foreman in his prime would have destroyed Tyson. WAY too big and strong for Tyson.

I agree that Foreman would handle Tyson easily. I'm a huge Tyson fan there will never ever be another fighter like him. The kind of power he had was just amazing. Still, I think Foreman's size would be too much for Tyson.

Those were the good ol days of boxing

Originally posted by GoNiners:
The guy lost to Buster Fricking Douglas and was an embarassment to boxing when he bit Holyfield's ear. GOAT? I dont see it. He never beat a great fighter who was in his prime. Yes, he was scary but I still cant put him at the top.

Personal issues aside, he's the only man to knock out holmes in 75 bouts (granted he was old) He made quick work of Michael Spinks who was never knocked out and after that he lost all focus on boxing and spiraled out of control with his personal life and getting rid of his trainers. Im speaking on pure ability. Ali in his prime vs Tyson in his prime, im winning money on tyson!

We will just have to agree ti disagree. I think George Foreman in his prime would have destroyed Tyson. WAY too big and strong for Tyson.

I agree that Foreman would handle Tyson easily. I'm a huge Tyson fan there will never ever be another fighter like him. The kind of power he had was just amazing. Still, I think Foreman's size would be too much for Tyson.

I miss good boxing
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Deja de decir pendejadas.
I loved Mike.

He was like that beaten up little bullied pit bull that grew up into a beast.

Roy Jones needs some love too.
One of my all time favs.

Roy would run miles a day AFTER defending titles
His work ethic was nuts that's why he boxed into his 40's.It was like watching Steve Young vs todays Cleveland Browns.

Originally posted by GoNiners:

I miss good boxing

me too, I mean when UFC got popular I enjoyed watching that but now that's boring too. I hope boxing becomes good again and I think it will
Share 49ersWebzone