There are 233 users in the forums

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

I'd choose Rockies so I can live my fantasy of Cargon being on the A's (rockies) and winning multiple championships through them. and I could still have a good reason to hate the Giants.
Originally posted by Jigga:
I'm becoming an Atlanta Braves fan...thank Ted Turner and Dale Murphy. Dale was the ISH back in the day (on TBS)

I live in Chicago and have Cubs season tickets so I would most likely be a Cubs fan.... one disappointment to another
The teams that I couldn't become a fan of include any team in the AL west, the Giants, Dodgers, Yanks, and BoSox
I don't blame A's fans switching teams. Until they prove that they give a damn, why should the fans give a damn themselves? Personally, I hope the A's owners are forced to sell or just get the hell out of Cali. I love the fact that the bay area has two teams, but the A's are an embarrassment quite frankly. They could build that new ballpark in San Jose, but something tells me that they'll still be cheap, not this cheap, but under 80 million dollars cheap or Pittsburgh Pirates cheap.

Matter of fact, if the A's get a new ballpark in San Jose, I would not mind AS MUCH since I am confident that they won't yield a competitive team because they will trade their young players as well since they won't be able to draw in San Jose because of their lousy product on the field.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I don't blame A's fans switching teams. Until they prove that they give a damn, why should the fans give a damn themselves? Personally, I hope the A's owners are forced to sell or just get the hell out of Cali. I love the fact that the bay area has two teams, but the A's are an embarrassment quite frankly. They could build that new ballpark in San Jose, but something tells me that they'll still be cheap, not this cheap, but under 80 million dollars cheap or Pittsburgh Pirates cheap.

Matter of fact, if the A's get a new ballpark in San Jose, I would not mind AS MUCH since I am confident that they won't yield a competitive team because they will trade their young players as well since they won't be able to draw in San Jose because of their lousy product on the field.

No one is switching teams... the question was if the A's get retracted then which team would you root for. I personally would probably not care for baseball as much.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
No one is switching teams... the question was if the A's get retracted then which team would you root for. I personally would probably not care for baseball as much.

this..I would probably go to a couple of Giants games though just to see individual players maybe..
Coco Crisp?

SMFH.

This team needs to be contracted. Seriously. Just dissolve the team.

What is the direction of this team? Trade your best pitchers for marginal prospects, let your biggest bad leave without offering him anything, then decide to give fourteen million dollars to Coco f*****g Crisp?

Its almost comical now.
I actually like the signing. The A's stadium is huge and you need a skilled center fielder roaming and making plays for an inexperienced pitching staff. Him and Weeks will have 100 steals total this year.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Coco Crisp?

SMFH.

What is the direction of this team? Trade your best pitchers for marginal prospects, let your biggest bad leave without offering him anything, then decide to give fourteen million dollars to Coco f*****g Crisp?

Its almost comical now.

What are you talking about Crisp was one of our best players last year and we don't have 2 starting outfielder on the roster it was a good move
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Coco Crisp?

SMFH.

Its almost comical now.

What are you talking about Crisp was one of our best players last year and we don't have 2 starting outfielder on the roster it was a good move

This.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_19714624
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_19714624

This sucks
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.

I agree with you I will never ever be a giants fan. I will stop watching baseball if the As got contracted. I can't stand the giants and the stadium issue is only 1 reason of many
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
we signed Bartolo Colon, lulz
Share 49ersWebzone