LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
C'mon...Bosh not playing the last 3 games is the reason why this series is tied 2-2. With Bosh, Heat wins in 5 games.

Lol, of course. I meant even with Bosh out. The Pacers have been more intense and basically out hustling the Heat in games 2-4 (except for the 2nd half of game 4).
I like Granger a lot, but you're right. Granger getting involved with Wade right before halftime hurt the Pacers big time in second half. Wade played angry after intermission, after a poor first half.

I understand what Granger is doing in this series, but when your team is up and playing at a high level - last thing you want to do is confront a great player who is struggling.

Yeah, the fact that they were already up made it worse. There was no need to galvanize his own team, all he ended up doing was poking a sleeping giant. I think Granger has reached the point where it's best for him to "shut up and play", he's been involved in 3 staredowns in four games, I can't see there being much to gain from that now, certainly not against Wade who is tougher than Lebron.

Originally posted by sacniner:
Good call. Haslem did come through. The Heat need Wade and James to do their thing along with an "unsung hero" who has an above average night.

The plus-side to Bosh being down (long as he comes back) is the opportunity for other guys to step up. If the Heat want to win this thing they are going to need some real contributions from their role players. They can't expect Lebron to put up many more once-in-every-50 years stat lines.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
I like Granger a lot, but you're right. Granger getting involved with Wade right before halftime hurt the Pacers big time in second half. Wade played angry after intermission, after a poor first half.

I understand what Granger is doing in this series, but when your team is up and playing at a high level - last thing you want to do is confront a great player who is struggling.

Yeah, the fact that they were already up made it worse. There was no need to galvanize his own team, all he ended up doing was poking a sleeping giant. I think Granger has reached the point where it's best for him to "shut up and play", he's been involved in 3 staredowns in four games, I can't see there being much to gain from that now, certainly not against Wade who is tougher than Lebron.

Good call. Haslem did come through. The Heat need Wade and James to do their thing along with an "unsung hero" who has an above average night.

The plus-side to Bosh being down (long as he comes back) is the opportunity for other guys to step up. If the Heat want to win this thing they are going to need some real contributions from their role players. They can't expect Lebron to put up many more once-in-every-50 years stat lines.

I think lebron is capable of putting up those numbers again, he did that like every playoff game in cleveland. It's wade and haslem, who I think can't do it again.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
C'mon...Bosh not playing the last 3 games is the reason why this series is tied 2-2. With Bosh, Heat wins in 5 games.

Lol, of course. I meant even with Bosh out. The Pacers have been more intense and basically out hustling the Heat in games 2-4 (except for the 2nd half of game 4).

Being more intense has nothing to do with getting into opponent's face. Granger's tactics are getting old...and frankly, they are silly. They do nothing but to rile up the Heat. Like I said, with Bosh and Indiana's intensity - this series goes 5 games. It's easy to out-hustle a team that has limited to no presence on the boards.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Everyone knew Lebron was going to block that.
Everyone knew Lebron was going to block that.

This lol

JUMPSTOP PEOPLE
Close it in game 6. Get this series over. Got Bosh healthy and back.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

If they face Celtics - they'll need Bosh. But yea, gotta finish this off in game 6.

If they face Celtics - they'll need Bosh. But yea, gotta finish this off in game 6.

Is he healthy yet? He's had a lot of rest. It was just a muscle pull right? Abdominal muscle pulls can be serious but he must have had about a week or so off now. Give or take a few days.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Is he healthy yet? He's had a lot of rest. It was just a muscle pull right? Abdominal muscle pulls can be serious but he must have had about a week or so off now. Give or take a few days.

Not sure...but hopefully he returns by the middle of next series if Miami gets there.

heat are playing like a hockey team right now

star players get hit, then the enforcers or role players dole out the punishment.
Most people disagree, but I LOVE Haslem and PIttman's fouls. Hansbrough and Stevenson deserved it. Also, the Heat needed to send that message.
Most people disagree, but I LOVE Haslem and PIttman's fouls. Hansbrough and Stevenson deserved it. Also, the Heat needed to send that message.

Same here. Indiana just woke up the Heat who were going to do just enough to beat teams in the playoffs. Have a feeling this has clicked that switch into the role players and Lebron and Wade on how this team needs to play in the playoffs. They can't just stand and watch whoever has the ball.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yeup...more than they deserved it, Heat needed to send that message that you can't come in here and get in the face/get overly physical with the two stars. Wade and Lebron played it cool, and let the role players do their thing. They handled it perfectly. It was time they gave some of it back, and it was a clear message to the rest of the teams - if you come for our guys, we will try to take you out.

Yeup...more than they deserved it, Heat needed to send that message that you can't come in here and get in the face/get overly physical with the two stars. Wade and Lebron played it cool, and let the role players do their thing. They handled it perfectly. It was time they gave some of it back, and it was a clear message to the rest of the teams - if you come for our guys, we will try to take you out.

Even smarter to wait until they get back to MIA to send that message. Refs are a little more forgiving when its in your house.
Share 49ersWebzone