There are 654 users in the forums
Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Ok, so let's talk about what the Warriors should do this offseason. Say we actually get our draft pick back...what are some of your scenarious??
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:22 AM
- ImaMod
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,482
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM
- YungAce
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,920
Originally posted by ImaMod:"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""
translation: please don't hate me
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
- AC49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,079
Lacob is a class act and proved it on KNBR this morning.
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by AC49er:
Lacob is a class act and proved it on KNBR this morning.
I missed it. What did he say?
Mar 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""
1) How?
2) Why is he publicly talking about negotiations?
Mar 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM
- vrabbit
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,953
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Lacob is a class act and proved it on KNBR this morning.
I missed it. What did he say?
yup, what did he say? I commend him for going a whole hour in the first place.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""
1) How?
2) Why is he publicly talking about negotiations?
yet I agree with this too
Mar 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
- bayarealuv
- Veteran
- Posts: 57,792
i see all angles of it.. i don't blame the fans
rick barry's dumb a55 made it worse than it really was though
rick barry's dumb a55 made it worse than it really was though
Mar 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i see all angles of it.. i don't blame the fans
rick barry's dumb a55 made it worse than it really was though
Yea, he got all WWE heel wrestler on them
Mar 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
- crzy
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
2) Why is he publicly talking about negotiations?
Because he enjoys saying anything that allows him to demonstrate his immense basketball knowledge to the public (at least in his own mind).
Like how he spends time watching tape on prospects.
He just doesn't understand that a successful owner understands how to delegate responsibilities to basketball executives and then shut the f**k up.
He trips over his own words with his arrogant proclamations and dumb comments.
My favorite Joe Lacob moment was when he claimed that you weren't a real Warriors fan unless you were a season ticket holder.
Mar 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
For those who closely follow college bball, what are some of your opinions on Dion Waiters?
Mar 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM
- phiLthyphiL
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,169
Originally posted by SF69ers:
For those who closely follow college bball, what are some of your opinions on Dion Waiters?
Much better on the defensive end than on offense methinks. I don't think he has a consistent jumper, but plays the pick-and-roll game fairly well. He's got good enough size and athleticism to defend both backcourt positions. Don't see him anything more than a rotational player.
Mar 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
For those who closely follow college bball, what are some of your opinions on Dion Waiters?
Much better on the defensive end than on offense methinks. I don't think he has a consistent jumper, but plays the pick-and-roll game fairly well. He's got good enough size and athleticism to defend both backcourt positions. Don't see him anything more than a rotational player.
I see. I was just thinking about scenarios this upcoming offseason and if we decided to trade Curry. Dunno if Jenkins could end up being that starter. I've heard nothing but good things about Waiters though.
We miss you around here phil. With the season a wash, we might as well start looking to the offseason.
Mar 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM
- phiLthyphiL
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,169
This is the first season I've ever remembered where I've missed more games than I've watched. I think the 49ers success this past season has held me down to the point where I'd rather talk about/hear about the 49ers in the offseason than watch the Dubbs in-season. Same ol, same ol. We're stuck looking forward to the draft. Just as crzy pointed out, it was a step forward with the Monta trade, then two steps back flipping Jack for Jefferson and his longer deal. Not amnestying Biedrins. Just dumb move after dumb move. I don't know if anyone pointed out Riley on KNBR the other day not ruling out a Biedrins buyout.Outside of the Charlotte Bobcats, there is absolutely NO OTHER roster in the NBA I wouldn't rather have.
Mar 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,145
Just watched the booing of Lacab and that was epic. Dude got completely destroyed. lol