LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2011-2012 Thread

Very sad day Hope for a speedy recovery for Derrick Rose
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop

Thibs: "He's not only a great player, he's a great teammate and great person. But it's not a death sentence for him or our team." #Bulls

Thibs: "You're not going to replace the greatness of Derrick. We have to do that collectively as a team. " #Bulls
#DoItForDerrick #IBullieve
The biggest question is whether or not he can come back just as explosive from this or if he can adjust his game to play smarter/crafty/fundamental rather than relying heavy on freak ability.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The biggest question is whether or not he can come back just as explosive from this or if he can adjust his game to play smarter/crafty/fundamental rather than relying heavy on freak ability.

I hope he shares the rock more, that game he got injured in, he was dishing it out good, and the team was looking good.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I hope he shares the rock more, that game he got injured in, he was dishing it out good, and the team was looking good.

The bigger question is will he be able to collapse the defense or require double teams after the injury as well as he could before. He could possibly be forced to develop a new aspect to his game...but at 6'3", that won't be easy.

He should work with Tony Parker or someone with a very crafty game like that in the off season.
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this team play post-Rose in the playoffs. Every time I've seen them without Rose this year, I've thought "that's how basketball should be played". But I also think that in order to beat an elite team, you have to have either a transcendent talent or a collection of All-Star quality guys, like Detroit in '04. The Bulls have neither right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how good basketball without an elite talent looks against the NBA's best teams in a 7 game series.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this team play post-Rose in the playoffs. Every time I've seen them without Rose this year, I've thought "that's how basketball should be played". But I also think that in order to beat an elite team, you have to have either a transcendent talent or a collection of All-Star quality guys, like Detroit in '04. The Bulls have neither right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how good basketball without an elite talent looks against the NBA's best teams in a 7 game series.

What? It was always there in your conference. You should be a Spurs fan.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM ]
Pippen's open letter to the Bulls

An open letter to the 2011-12 Chicago Bulls:

With what happened to Derrick in Game 1, it would be easy to hang your heads right now. You could lose sight of the ultimate goal and give up before the rest of the games have even been played. But I know that's not even a consideration for this group. And that's exactly why you'll make me, Derrick, the organization, and the city of Chicago so proud.

To a man, it's time for each of you to take a look in the mirror. Decide who you really are and what you represent as a basketball player. Reflect on what you have brought to the table for your team all season long and why you're a valuable member of the Bulls. Because all of you have contributed to this team's incredible success. Ask yourself what you can do for the team moving forward. Whether it's through your verbal leadership or diving on the floor after a loose ball, it's going to be all about grinding it out moving forward. If there is one piece of advice I can offer you, it's to put every last ounce of effort you have out there to make everyone proud—Derrick, the fans, and first and foremost, yourself.
the full article
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/scottie-pippens-open-letter-2011-12-chicago-bulls.html

The last time the Spurs made any noise out West was when Duncan was still an elite player, and you could make a pretty good argument that Parker's a Top 10 player at this point as well. The Bulls have...Luol Deng?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

The last time the Spurs made any noise out West was when Duncan was still an elite player, and you could make a pretty good argument that Parker's a Top 10 player at this point as well. The Bulls have...Luol Deng?

Boozer? But I know what you mean. However, good basketball is good basketball. I think if the Spurs didn't play good smart basketball, then Parker would be averaging more points per game, maybe top 5, but you can't deny the type of game they play is very fun to watch, in a pure sense of the game. They play as if none of them have elite talent.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop

Family arrived. National nightmare over. RT @netw3rk: SOMEONE SIT WITH DERRICK ROSE SO WE AREN'T SO BUMMED OUT.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gail Fischer ‏ @GAILFISCH

DRose no longer in the suite. He gone.
Sixers ain't shooting 59% from the field again, the series is still ours.
Poor bulls
Share 49ersWebzone