There are 291 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2011-2012 Thread

OMG Taj Gibson is hurt

What a way to go out. The only redeeming point of this playoffs was that a championship run was over when Rose hit the deck. The season ended instantly after that injury.
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on May 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]
So disappointing...
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
So disappointing...

this
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

What a way to go out. The only redeeming point of this playoffs was that a championship run was over when Rose hit the deck. The season ended instantly after that injury.

It ended any hope for next year too in my opinion. The good news is Rose is extremely young and hardworking so he'll be back and it'll be another year off Boozers contract.
keep irryone but boozer. Knowing the Kings dumbass, they'll take on Boozer's contract. Also, the Bulls should go after Ray Allen.
The Bulls have got to make some very big moves this off-season or we are in a ton of trouble. Hopefully can make some kind of trade to move Boozer and we need to find some other ballers to get on this squad!
  • Jiks
12' Chicago Bulls = 09' Jazz basically

I hate to say i told you so I predicted this years ago when the Bulls aquired all of our Jazz players. I was actually pretty happy we let them go. I just really never understood what the Bulls were doing. I mean you cancel out Rose with Derron Williams and it's basically the same team and same results. To think a change of scenery was going to make Boozer a defender or not a soft ass p***y, Brewer a shooter, or Korver consistent made no sense. Again basically the same team, same results.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I hate to say i told you so I predicted this years ago when the Bulls aquired all of our Jazz players. I was actually pretty happy we let them go. I just really never understood what the Bulls were doing. I mean you cancel out Rose with Derron Williams and it's basically the same team and same results. To think a change of scenery was going to make Boozer a defender or not a soft ass p***y, Brewer a shooter, or Korver consistent made no sense. Again basically the same team, same results.

Uhhhh....something else canceled out Derrick Rose this year, and it wasn't Deron Williams.

Ronnie Brewer & Korver are role players, and Boozer's the 4th or 5th best player on the team. (IMO, Gibson's better) They're hardly the '09 Jazz. There's no "told you so" because this team got annihilated by injuries at the worst possible time.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Uhhhh....something else canceled out Derrick Rose this year, and it wasn't Deron Williams.

Ronnie Brewer & Korver are role players, and Boozer's the 4th or 5th best player on the team. (IMO, Gibson's better) They're hardly the '09 Jazz. There's no "told you so" because this team got annihilated by injuries at the worst possible time.
Still you need role players just as these guys were for the Jazz. Korver did not show up in the playoffs after beating the 3 poing percentage record. Brewer is still the same old Brewer. Not saying he's a bad player, but even as a role player he's average. And Boozer as I said doesn't play defense. He can score points, but his complete lack and will to play defense just cancels out his offensive production. He hurts the team, just as much as he helps the team.

We had the "Derrick Rose" in D. Will. At this time he was playing phenominal basketball. Now I'm not saying they are comparible. Rose is the better PG of the two. But D. Will was no slouch either. Many touted him as the best P.G in the NBA that year. Off topic but in my opinion that is what was his demise. He became far too cocky, and it started to hurt his play and relationship with the team. We got beat by the world champion Lakers.

My point is that when these guys don't play their roles, it really hurts the team. Injuries did kill you guy's that's 100% true but at the same time the couple games I got to watch I seen similiarities in the two teams. Guys that couldn't hit their shots. Guys that couldn't play defense(Korver, Boozer), lack of effort. This is the sole reason why I wasn't to dissappointed when they left. Again I said it back then that it made no sense to bring these guy in together. They were brought in to be key players/role players, but in the long run they turned out to be just as I stated above.

The similarities may not be tremendous, but I feel I know what I'm saying here, ya know? And yeah again injuries were the reason Bulls couldn't make a push. But at the same time you need your role players and your starting PF to help you out a little. And by reading above posters it seems like they aren't to thrilled with Boozer, just like us Jazz fans were not. That's another reason why it's a familiar scenario.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
So what is everyone's fantasy off-season for the Bulls? Do we rebuild for a year or continue building with the hope Rose makes a spectacular playoff comeback next year?
Originally posted by DVDA:
So what is everyone's fantasy off-season for the Bulls? Do we rebuild for a year or continue building with the hope Rose makes a spectacular playoff comeback next year?

'94-'95 Bulls all over again me thinks. .500 ball for three quarters of the season until Rose comes back.

'94-'95 Bulls all over again me thinks. .500 ball for three quarters of the season until Rose comes back.
You are forgetting maybe, that after the olypmics I think Deng will finally have surgery, so him and rose should be out a while..... Bulls will be lucky to get the 7-8th s eed.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

You are forgetting maybe, that after the olypmics I think Deng will finally have surgery, so him and rose should be out a while..... Bulls will be lucky to get the 7-8th s eed.

Agree. Better hope they can have a great off-season and come up with a couple good players
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Agree. Better hope they can have a great off-season and come up with a couple good players

I think the best off-season is one that lands the Bulls in the top 10 of next years draft.
Share 49ersWebzone