There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by dobo:
I swear Pop's done that before. Pretty glad to have three wins on a back-to-back-to-back.

BTW, did you know that the 09-10 Bobcats were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA? That probably explains somewhat the Jackson and Diaw acquisitions.

Jackson and Diaw? Hardly. Chandler and Gerald Wallace were the heart and soul of that defense.

Well, yeah. Wasn't saying they were. They each played 30+ min per game that season, so they prob know something about team defense. Larry Brown must have liked them enough.
I swear Pop's done that before. Pretty glad to have three wins on a back-to-back-to-back.

BTW, did you know that the 09-10 Bobcats were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA? That probably explains somewhat the Jackson and Diaw acquisitions.

Jackson and Diaw? Hardly. Chandler and Gerald Wallace were the heart and soul of that defense.

Well, yeah. Wasn't saying they were. They each played 30+ min per game that season, so they prob know something about team defense. Larry Brown must have liked them enough.
Larry Brown is an old hack and smells like Epsom Salt

87, 86, and 76 points allowed in the last 3 games.

The defense is picking it up.
I love when we beat the Celtics. In fact in think there fans are some of the biggest cry babies around
I'm glad Danny Green is finally developing. I played against him at a basketball camp when we both were in 8th grade. He was good and physical but I didn't think he had the skill set to be a contributing NBA starter. Go Spurs Go!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I'm glad Danny Green is finally developing. I played against him at a basketball camp when we both were in 8th grade. He was good and physical but I didn't think he had the skill set to be a contributing NBA starter. Go Spurs Go!

It just shows how good talent evaluators RC Buford and Pop are. The question is how did the Cavs let him go when they are a young team looking for talent.
It is really annoying me that we are not considered a contender. Look at our record and quit sucking up to the Lakers.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
It is really annoying me that we are not considered a contender. Look at our record and quit sucking up to the Lakers.

I like how we always fly under the radar. Put the pressure on the so called "contenders"
Spurs on fire, number 1 in the West. They play the Lakers three times over the next couple weeks, can't wait to see how they match up.
Spurs on fire, number 1 in the West. They play the Lakers three times over the next couple weeks, can't wait to see how they match up.

Finally knock pass OKC up for the top spot.
Duncan not thinking about retirement: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Avyx_WU3UVGg9u46YivCPKy8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_tim_duncan_spears_retire_return040512

I say sign him to a 2 year deal with the 2nd season being a player/team option.

I can live with two more years of Timmy!
Looks like Pop decided to rest a few guys tonight. Just goes to show more concerned about resting guys and be ready for the playoffs than seeding.
Man! Can't believe they are not going to televise two of the hottest teams since the All Star break.

This is going to be a nice little test for both teams. Can the Spurs handle length and box out and can the Lakers keep it together to beat a well-oiled machine?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man! Can't believe they are not going to televise two of the hottest teams since the All Star break.

This is going to be a nice little test for both teams. Can the Spurs handle length and box out and can the Lakers keep it together to beat a well-oiled machine?

yeah that sucks how do you show warriors vs blazers over spurs vs lakers
Looks like pop gave parker another night off because it looks like someone else is playing in his place by the stats
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home