LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by dobo:
Some good stuff first. Splitter has been starting alongside Duncan, which hopefully has given them a chance to develop chemistry, and Diaw has done a remarkable job integrating into the system. His passing and his movement on offense have been superb and he's done a good job making up for his lack of height on defense, which was notably on display against Gasol. Blair is now the odd man out, which is where he belongs. The wings are in really, really good shape. Love the addition of Jack; his toughness more than makes up for his occasional sloppiness IMO. Leonard and Green are great role players. Manu is rounding into form, at just the right time.

Some bad stuff. This team is heavily dependent on Parker. He's been great, but the Spurs have run him hard this year. He's got a lot of miles on his body, and his backup is Patty freakin' Mills. Manu is also a constant injury risk. The Spurs have done well enough without Manu during the regular season, but that won't work in the playoffs. Basically, all of the Big 3 need to be in top form and there is always a nontrivial chance that one or more of them will be injured or fatigued.

Tony has been relied on heavily but he still isn't logging a bunch of minutes. Dont forget about Neal. He has been playing very well as the backup PG lately taking away nearly all of Mills playtime. .
Originally posted by Joecool:
Some good stuff first. Splitter has been starting alongside Duncan, which hopefully has given them a chance to develop chemistry, and Diaw has done a remarkable job integrating into the system. His passing and his movement on offense have been superb and he's done a good job making up for his lack of height on defense, which was notably on display against Gasol. Blair is now the odd man out, which is where he belongs. The wings are in really, really good shape. Love the addition of Jack; his toughness more than makes up for his occasional sloppiness IMO. Leonard and Green are great role players. Manu is rounding into form, at just the right time.

Some bad stuff. This team is heavily dependent on Parker. He's been great, but the Spurs have run him hard this year. He's got a lot of miles on his body, and his backup is Patty freakin' Mills. Manu is also a constant injury risk. The Spurs have done well enough without Manu during the regular season, but that won't work in the playoffs. Basically, all of the Big 3 need to be in top form and there is always a nontrivial chance that one or more of them will be injured or fatigued.

Tony has been relied on heavily but he still isn't logging a bunch of minutes. Dont forget about Neal. He has been playing very well as the backup PG lately taking away nearly all of Mills playtime. .

I would actually like seeing patty mills play a little with the parker or Manu. The guy seems like a good pure shooter and you can't have to many of them. He will probably get a lot of minutes in the final two games if the Spurs win tonight as they would clinch the west.
its good to see the spurs clinched the 1 seed in then West now we can rest our starters for the last 2 games and get them ready to play a playoff game on Saturday.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
its good to see the spurs clinched the 1 seed in then West now we can rest our starters for the last 2 games and get them ready to play a playoff game on Saturday.

May as well for for home court for the finals.
Go spurs

that would be nice but health is a bigger issue right now, Chicago also has the tiebreaker in this battle so we are relying on them losing.

that would be nice but health is a bigger issue right now, Chicago also has the tiebreaker in this battle so we are relying on them losing.

Yeah but I don't think we win any ring without home court. We haven't done it yet. We are also not very good in general in the playoffs without home court. Gotta win out and hope CHI loses one.

Yeah but I don't think we win any ring without home court. We haven't done it yet. We are also not very good in general in the playoffs without home court. Gotta win out and hope CHI loses one.

It would be nice if Chicago decides they are going to rest there starters and throw a game for us but some how I don't see that happening.
Spurs are looking great! I am expecting another championship!!! Go spurs go!
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has made the call. His Big Three will not play in either of the team's final two regular-season games. Big three with Neal and Pop are back in San Antonio.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/04/25/big-three-will-take-a-seat/

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has made the call. His Big Three will not play in either of the team's final two regular-season games. Big three with Neal and Pop are back in San Antonio.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/04/25/big-three-will-take-a-seat/

I wonder what Pops personal issue was because they said he was in phoniex today but flew back home.
Originally posted by niners9:

This is the most polished, deep and healthy I have ever seen this team. If they stay focused, they can dominate the first round for sweeps and allow Manu and Tim to get a good rest for round two.

This is the most polished, deep and healthy I have ever seen this team. If they stay focused, they can dominate the first round for sweeps and allow Manu and Tim to get a good rest for round two.

I find your confidence troubling.

Have you ever seen the Spurs play this well AND have this much talent AND be this healthy? Their 2nd and 3rd stringers can beat some starting teams.
I'm going to the game tonight so I'm excited to see them even though the starters may be rested.

I find your confidence troubling.

Have you ever seen the Spurs play this well AND have this much talent AND be this healthy? Their 2nd and 3rd stringers can beat some starting teams.

So true this team has become such a great system that superstars a only a minor factor, This just shows how good the Pop is.
Share 49ersWebzone