LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yes!!!!!

Love the 1st round pick from Golden State! SA will be deadly with a lottery pick.

Don't mind trading Jefferson for SJax. At least SJax will have some balls to shoot a three in the playoffs.

You're giving GS a first rounder

BTW, totally worth it. RJ has three years left on his contract and Jacko has only two. A late first rounder for $10 million off the books later, while preserving the amnesty. And dammit I missed Jacko.

I'll take Jax over RJ any day. Can't stand RJ's pussifaction during the playoffs. At least JAX won't hesitate to throw it up.

But the first rounder...I hope they are in the plan to regain a higher pick or something because they have been solid in the draft. Maybe they are working something to get a big name.
Vey nice road win vs the #1 team.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Yes!!!!!

Love the 1st round pick from Golden State! SA will be deadly with a lottery pick.

Don't mind trading Jefferson for SJax. At least SJax will have some balls to shoot a three in the playoffs.

You're giving GS a first rounder

BTW, totally worth it. RJ has three years left on his contract and Jacko has only two. A late first rounder for $10 million off the books later, while preserving the amnesty. And dammit I missed Jacko.

I'll take Jax over RJ any day. Can't stand RJ's pussifaction during the playoffs. At least JAX won't hesitate to throw it up.

But the first rounder...I hope they are in the plan to regain a higher pick or something because they have been solid in the draft. Maybe they are working something to get a big name.

One thing we know is that jax knows the system better than RJ. RJ never got it and never really fit in with pops system.
So TJ Ford and Richard Jefferson became Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw.

Spurs are a much better team with Stephen Jackson. The way he plays, the toughness, etc., make him a much better fit. He'll also make a better small ball 4 than RJ.

f**k yeah!!!! Jax is a much better fit than the slow twitch don't know how to use my athleticism and scared to shoot RJ.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Saw it on ESPN this morning, said it is not an acronym either. Lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

Only 3 behind OKC!! Take that!

Also note the youth on the roster.
I swear Pop's done that before. Pretty glad to have three wins on a back-to-back-to-back.

BTW, did you know that the 09-10 Bobcats were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA? That probably explains somewhat the Jackson and Diaw acquisitions.

Jackson and Diaw? Hardly. Chandler and Gerald Wallace were the heart and soul of that defense.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I swear Pop's done that before. Pretty glad to have three wins on a back-to-back-to-back.

BTW, did you know that the 09-10 Bobcats were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA? That probably explains somewhat the Jackson and Diaw acquisitions.

Jackson and Diaw? Hardly. Chandler and Gerald Wallace were the heart and soul of that defense.

Well, yeah. Wasn't saying they were. They each played 30+ min per game that season, so they prob know something about team defense. Larry Brown must have liked them enough.
Larry Brown is an old hack and smells like Epsom Salt

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Well, yeah. Wasn't saying they were. They each played 30+ min per game that season, so they prob know something about team defense. Larry Brown must have liked them enough.

87, 86, and 76 points allowed in the last 3 games.

The defense is picking it up.
I love when we beat the Celtics. In fact in think there fans are some of the biggest cry babies around
I'm glad Danny Green is finally developing. I played against him at a basketball camp when we both were in 8th grade. He was good and physical but I didn't think he had the skill set to be a contributing NBA starter. Go Spurs Go!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I'm glad Danny Green is finally developing. I played against him at a basketball camp when we both were in 8th grade. He was good and physical but I didn't think he had the skill set to be a contributing NBA starter. Go Spurs Go!

It just shows how good talent evaluators RC Buford and Pop are. The question is how did the Cavs let him go when they are a young team looking for talent.
It is really annoying me that we are not considered a contender. Look at our record and quit sucking up to the Lakers.
Share 49ersWebzone