There are 177 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
As much as I hate the Spurs, i'm rooting for them in this series.

Hopefully we see you guys in the WCF's

LA vs LA in the conference finals would be wierd.
Originally posted by Joecool:

it won't happen. Both LA teams will be swept.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
As much as I hate the Spurs, i'm rooting for them in this series.

Hopefully we see you guys in the WCF's

No hopefully only the Lakers move on
Go Spurs! I want to see them DESTROY the clippers and Chris Paul. I love Timmy too, such a class act.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Go Spurs! I want to see them DESTROY the clippers and Chris Paul. I love Timmy too, such a class act.

That would be sweet as hell! My nyjer Marsh is on point here!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

That would be sweet as hell! My nyjer Marsh is on point here!

I think the Clippers athleticism will be a good test before playing OKC. I have to admit, LAC is a scary team. They have a well experienced player with very athletic supporting cast.
Originally posted by dobo:
What scares me is that the Clippers are coming off of a series with two huge victories: coming back to win game 1 and winning game 7 on the road. They won a bruising series against a team that beat the Spurs last year. They're probably pretty confident, battle tested, etc., and they're young enough that they won't tired tomorrow night.

We played them 3 times. Won one by 25. Won in overtime in LA and got blown out for the 3rd game.

LAC should have some confidence against us but the game they blew us out in, Tony didn't play.
What scares me is that the Clippers are coming off of a series with two huge victories: coming back to win game 1 and winning game 7 on the road. They won a bruising series against a team that beat the Spurs last year. They're probably pretty confident, battle tested, etc., and they're young enough that they won't tired tomorrow night.

We played them 3 times. Won one by 25. Won in overtime in LA and got blown out for the 3rd game.

LAC should have some confidence against us but the game they blew us out in, Tony didn't play.
I guess we will all just have to wait until tomorrow. What time is the game...I'm off tomorrow

I guess we will all just have to wait until tomorrow. What time is the game...I'm off tomorrow

6:30 pst.

6:30 pst.
Hell yea 8:30 for me...Perfect timing. I shall be drunk

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Spurs will beat the Clips but they ain't winning it all.
The one thing that the Spurs must do is jump out to a series lead a home while the Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are a little banged up. Don't give them any hope of winning the series.
LAC did impress getting through such a rough series. It was obvious MEM had a plan to ground the high fliers. The good thing is that the Spurs don't rely on breaking the rules as much as most teams do. We had the Robert Horry incident vs the Suns but he learned that from the masters of breaking the rules to set a tone Lakers.
Spurs now are one of the least fouling teams and their game relies heavily on precision and execution mixed in with outstanding play from Tony Parker.

My main concern is how will the Spurs handle a team that tries to rough them up? Memphis did it to them last year and it completely messed up their perimeter shooting. Tony Parker can handle it and he has really improved his jumper. Duncan and Manu can handle it. I know Neal can handle physical play.

I still can't stress how big the additions of Green, Leonard, Jackson, and Diaw are. They are all a HUGE upgrade from Jefferson and Hill. Jefferson was just way too soft and Hill was too light. All 4 additions are tall and athletic.

Diaw's defense has been a surprise. I think while he was in Pheonix, he just meshed in with their soft mentality but his defense is very solid. I wish he would shoot the jumper a little more and really force the defense to stretch. He has very impressive post up game that has helped at times.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM ]
LAC did impress getting through such a rough series. It was obvious MEM had a plan to ground the high fliers. The good thing is that the Spurs don't rely on breaking the rules as much as most teams do. We had the Robert Horry incident vs the Suns but he learned that from the masters of breaking the rules to set a tone Lakers.
Spurs now are one of the least fouling teams and their game relies heavily on precision and execution mixed in with outstanding play from Tony Parker.

My main concern is how will the Spurs handle a team that tries to rough them up? Memphis did it to them last year and it completely messed up their perimeter shooting. Tony Parker can handle it and he has really improved his jumper. Duncan and Manu can handle it. I know Neal can handle physical play.

I still can't stress how big the additions of Green, Leonard, Jackson, and Diaw are. They are all a HUGE upgrade from Jefferson and Hill. Jefferson was just way too soft and Hill was too light. All 4 additions are tall and athletic.

Diaw's defense has been a surprise. I think while he was in Pheonix, he just meshed in with their soft mentality but his defense is very solid. I wish he would shoot the jumper a little more and really force the defense to stretch. He has very impressive post up game that has helped at times.

I am only concerned about early rust in this series. If it does become a physical series I really think the Spurs have the edge. They have by far the deepest rotation of any playoff team. The one thing that a physical series favors is a deep team. When you can keep sending fresh players out on the floor and keep the scoring pressure on it really wears on a defence. The one way to slow a physical playing defence is to keep them defending. The big reason we didn't beat Memphis last year was because the Spurs were really banged up. This year the starters are fresh and the bench is a lot deeper.

I have been ultra impressed with Boris Diaws play. He reminds me a lot of the way Robert Horry played the game when Horry wasn't shooting clutch 3's. Diaw makes so many little plays that don't register on the stat team but are so important to winning a big play off game.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

I am only concerned about early rust in this series. If it does become a physical series I really think the Spurs have the edge. They have by far the deepest rotation of any playoff team. The one thing that a physical series favors is a deep team. When you can keep sending fresh players out on the floor and keep the scoring pressure on it really wears on a defence. The one way to slow a physical playing defence is to keep them defending. The big reason we didn't beat Memphis last year was because the Spurs were really banged up. This year the starters are fresh and the bench is a lot deeper.

I have been ultra impressed with Boris Diaws play. He reminds me a lot of the way Robert Horry played the game when Horry wasn't shooting clutch 3's. Diaw makes so many little plays that don't register on the stat team but are so important to winning a big play off game.

We also went extremely cold in that Memphis series last year. They did have solid perimeter defenders but us not hitting our shots and them hitting uncharacteristic 3's the entire series was a big factor. And we weren't healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone