LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by dobo:
Build a big lead early, get the big 3 out of there, watch out for the frustration fouls. Jazz won't be happy being swept at home.

Big 3 playing time doesn't bother me if we win. They have several days off. Next series wont start until Friday/Sat/Sunday that the earliest.
Utah played great defense and we were still up three after 1st Q.

The Spurs just have two many weapons. They just keep the pressure on from start to finish no matter who is on the floor.
I think the Spurs decided to send there game home at the end of the 3rd quarter. They can't do that if they want to win it all.
Who we got next?
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Who we got next?

I think winners of Mem-LAC.

WOW 10 players tonight played between 18:00-28:00 mins. Coaching, depth, balance, great bench. No reason this team shouldn't win a championship.

I keep thinking about what Doc Rivers said about this lock out season. How a short season could really benefit an older team like the Celtics. Looks like the Spurs put the blueprint on what he said.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Who we got next?

WOW 10 players tonight played between 18:00-28:00 mins. Coaching, depth, balance, great bench. No reason this team shouldn't win a championship.

I keep thinking about what Doc Rivers said about this lock out season. How a short season could really benefit an older team like the Celtics. Looks like the Spurs put the blueprint on what he said.

Oh well I'm going for the Clippers f**k the damn Grizzlies. I know the Spurs were almost forced to reduce the minutes to the big 3 and all that did was help the younger players come to light. We have a perfect infusion of Veteran and young players coming together.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Who we got next?

Oh well I'm going for the Clippers f**k the damn Grizzlies. I know the Spurs were almost forced to reduce the minutes to the big 3 and all that did was help the younger players come to light. We have a perfect infusion of Veteran and young players coming together.

Parker's not even 30 yet (birthday next week). I don't know why people clump in into the "aging" big 3. I agree with you about our younger players. Genius move to have Ginobili and Stack Jack come off the bench for Lenard and Green instead of vise versa.
SWEEP!!!!
Manu finally found his shot. He still needs to tighten up his passes. He's been playing a sloppy series.

How about that, our threes weren't falling yet we still had the lead at the half.

Lol at Jefferson pretty much giving up and calling the Spurs the he's team he's played before game four.

If the Clips move on to the next round, I think the Spurs will take care of them in 5. Way better matchup as opposed to Memphis. I would prefer to see Memphis against SAS because they might go seven and I think Memphis had a legit shot.
I want Memphis just for revenge. And I'm not so sure their chances against the Spurs are much better than LAC ... Spurs have owned them this season. FWIW, I think either series goes 5 or 6 games, with the Spurs coming out on top.

I think the Clips have a lot of flaws which Pop and SAS will expose. They have no chance. Maybe I'm overrating Memphis, but they are a very solid team. Marc Gasol has been MIA in the big moments of the Clips series. If he plays the way he should, Memphis is an elite team.
Have you been watching the MEM-LAC series? MEM also has flaws, many of which have been exposed by the (Vinny Del Negro-coached) Clippers.

Well, every team, including the Spurs, have flaws. Memphis is a lot more complete IMO. Of course matchups dictate games and series and the Clips have evidently been a bad matchup for Memphis. I still maintain that Memphis is more complete, and if they played the Spurs as opposed to the Clips the series would be more competitive.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I want Memphis just for revenge. And I'm not so sure their chances against the Spurs are much better than LAC ... Spurs have owned them this season. FWIW, I think either series goes 5 or 6 games, with the Spurs coming out on top.

I think the Clips have a lot of flaws which Pop and SAS will expose. They have no chance. Maybe I'm overrating Memphis, but they are a very solid team. Marc Gasol has been MIA in the big moments of the Clips series. If he plays the way he should, Memphis is an elite team.

Have you been watching the MEM-LAC series? MEM also has flaws, many of which have been exposed by the (Vinny Del Negro-coached) Clippers.

I was kind of funny watching Inside the NBA afterward, because Kenny & Chuck were so exasperated with both teams afterward. Ugly basketball.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:

I was kind of funny watching Inside the NBA afterward, because Kenny & Chuck were so exasperated with both teams afterward. Ugly basketball.

There has been some terrible basketball being played by Utah, Denver, LAC, and Mem considering this is the playoffs. Just some dumb play and not understanding the game. It's one thing to go completely cold and not hit shots but nothing can make up for dumb play.

As for Memphis or Clippers: my heart says Memphis so that we can get revenge and they were literally throwing up and hitting crazy shots vs the Spurs last year and went cold in the 2nd round. I want the Spurs to wipe the floor with them this year since we have a much longer and athletic team all around.
But my mind says Clippers. Clippers just aren't polished enough or scrappy enough to compete or try to bully a team like the Spurs.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone