LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

I'm very interested to see how the clips come out today. Wonder if they watched Lakers have success by getting more physical and if Clips will try to be more physical in game 2. The refs let them play in game one but the Spurs eventually pulled away.
I really hope clips try to do what Memphis did. Spurs need a test like that.
2-0 on the Clippers tonight. Hopefully Parker will come out ballin'. He never does good against the Clips.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
2-0 on the Clippers tonight. Hopefully Parker will come out ballin'. He never does good against the Clips.

He and Paul know each other's game very well. Unless one of them is hitting the outside shots, they will both find it difficult to penetrate or set things up.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobo:

I saw that on another site. It's amazing. I had no idea you could do that with hair, especially white people hair, especially especially ginger hair.

Good for him
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Good for him

Worst thing is this kid got suspended by his school for this hair cut claiming it as a distraction. At least the Spurs stepped up and gave this kid and his family some tickets.
nice win!
Originally posted by Joecool:

He and Paul know each other's game very well. Unless one of them is hitting the outside shots, they will both find it difficult to penetrate or set things up.

fail. Parker was ballin last night on his birthday. Born the same day as my sister, same year too!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Joecool:

fail. Parker was ballin last night on his birthday. Born the same day as my sister, same year too!

Parker still had a very difficult time cracking that key.
Spurs went super cold in the first half of the 2nd and still sustained the lead. They didn't hit a FG for like 3 minutes.

Really won't know how this will turn out until we see how LAC plays in game 3.

Any good Spurs streaming radio/sports talk?

He didn't die but he did get suspended.

A 12-year-old Spurs fan suspended from his San Antonio middle school for shaving the face of forward Matt Bonner in his hair scored free tickets to the game and a meeting with his favorite player before tipoff. Bonner, whose mother is a teacher, said he was puzzled by the school's decision and gave Patrick Gonzalez an autographed pair of shoes and an autographed jersey. "Keep supporting us redheads in the NBA," the Red Rocket told his biggest fan.
As Buford said, "What happened with Pop's approach to the season was this: We didn't have practice time to prepare a group who hadn't been used to playing together. But by not over-extending minutes for our top five players, that ability to develop came in game action to give us a much deeper team.

"But, listen, Pop is not doing any of this without including Tim, Tony and Manu. They had to be a part of this. This isn't something that's new to this season. Pop's reduced minutes for all these guys for the last couple years. But I think there's an appreciation there with [Duncan, Parker and Ginobili] that this can help to extend their careers."

Five years later, the stars chased each other to Miami, Los Angeles and New York, and the strangest thing happened: The Super Team still resided in San Antonio, where the Spurs' formula remained unmatched.

Yes, Tim Duncan said, it works for us.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-heat--other-super-teams-show-cracks--spurs-still-rolling.html;_ylt=AlRt.iPgE3HsMiqZxsrqCmE5nYcB

Originally posted by global_nomad:
As Buford said, "What happened with Pop's approach to the season was this: We didn't have practice time to prepare a group who hadn't been used to playing together. But by not over-extending minutes for our top five players, that ability to develop came in game action to give us a much deeper team.

"But, listen, Pop is not doing any of this without including Tim, Tony and Manu. They had to be a part of this. This isn't something that's new to this season. Pop's reduced minutes for all these guys for the last couple years. But I think there's an appreciation there with [Duncan, Parker and Ginobili] that this can help to extend their careers."

Five years later, the stars chased each other to Miami, Los Angeles and New York, and the strangest thing happened: The Super Team still resided in San Antonio, where the Spurs' formula remained unmatched.

Yes, Tim Duncan said, it works for us.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-heat--other-super-teams-show-cracks--spurs-still-rolling.html;_ylt=AlRt.iPgE3HsMiqZxsrqCmE5nYcB

I'm still happy we got Green and Leonard. Those two additions and depending on how Anderson and Mills develop with us could be something good.

I have a feeling we trade Gary Neal if we covet something. He's freaking solid and can hit a shot from anywhere on the court on dribble but if there's something worth while out there, then I don't see the Spurs hesitating to sneak in another talent.

I have a feeling Blair will be gone. Blair doesn't force the defense to spread at all and his height doesn't help. I have a feeling the Spurs are looking for a Diaw type of player for the future. A PF that can hit a long jumper on a consistent basis. There's a lot of tweeners like Diaw out there that teams don't know what to do with.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I wonder at what point anyone on TV or radio starts talking about the Spurs having one of the dominant runs in recent memory going back to the ASG. Do they have to sweep the playoffs? Somehow I think that wouldn't be enough.
Share 49ersWebzone