There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Amir:
makes sense. more congestion and less ground to cover to D up inside the 3 point line.

Yep. You're also a lot less likely to have your feet set. They've done analysis of spot up 3 pointers vs. off the dribble 3's, and the difference is striking there as well.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
I really need to get back to liking the NBA like I used too.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
makes sense. more congestion and less ground to cover to D up inside the 3 point line.

Yep. You're also a lot less likely to have your feet set. They've done analysis of spot up 3 pointers vs. off the dribble 3's, and the difference is striking there as well.

You two need to f**k already. The sexual tension is there.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

This isn't the parking lot dude. Borderline spam
Originally posted by marshniners24:

This isn't the parking lot dude. Borderline spam

You four need to host a lemon party already and invite valrod.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
OKC in Finals next year for sure

Apparently Tony Parkers eye injury is worse than previously thought

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/tony-parker-now-says-almost-lost-eye-drake-205635106--oly.html

It will be interesting to see what Lakers will do in FA...I expect them to challenge OKC next season. They need to get younger and faster to stop OKC.
I really need to get back to liking the NBA like I used too.

The lebron hate last season (vs bulls and mavs in playoffs) was intriguing and got me back into it.
Larry Bird steeping down as president of Pacers. Wow, unexpected. Great career after being a player, not common. Succeeded at every job after playing.
Go ahead and give us the Championship already

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Houston has also included the rights to Israeli Lior Eliyahu in the deal to Minnesota, a source said.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA The Rockets own the 14th, 16th and 18th picks in Thursday's draft. They want to make an offer that Orlando can't refuse for Dwight Howard.
Man the Wolves have a lot of white players, im starting to think Kahn might be a little racist
rip hamilton would not like you as coach.

Haha. Well, the NBA's a little different, in that the defenses are so good that mid-range is often the only thing that's open, and the offensive players are so good that they can hit that on a regular basis. If he was one of my players, he'd have the green light to shoot mid-range because he's good at it.

That said, even the NBA numbers are interesting...

At rim = 62.6%
3-9 feet = 37.6%
10-15 feet = 38.3%
15-23 feet = 38.1%

Three Pointers = 52.3% (eFG, due to the extra point)

http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx

What if you can design some nice spot up mid-range plays?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Larry Bird steeping down as president of Pacers. Wow, unexpected. Great career after being a player, not common. Succeeded at every job after playing. If Bird was Paki, he woulda sucked.

reported for being racist.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Haha. Well, the NBA's a little different, in that the defenses are so good that mid-range is often the only thing that's open, and the offensive players are so good that they can hit that on a regular basis. If he was one of my players, he'd have the green light to shoot mid-range because he's good at it.

At rim = 62.6%
3-9 feet = 37.6%
10-15 feet = 38.3%
15-23 feet = 38.1%

I don't understand your question.
Originally posted by Joecool:

At rim = 62.6%
3-9 feet = 37.6%
10-15 feet = 38.3%
15-23 feet = 38.1%

I don't understand your question.

The main thought behind the low mid-range percentage is that they are usually shot off the dribble. What if you are able to design plays that get the mid-range open for a spot up 15 footer? I wonder if that would increase the mid-range percentage to near 50%.