There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pistol Pete, dirk, Mikan, Cousy , Havlicek, And Reggie Miller don't agree. Maybe Karl Malone also.

Dirk's not American...I thought of Cousy, Havlicek, McHale after I posted...I guess mostly Celtics lol

Still white. What about Malone, he wore cowboy hats
Rick Barry

Chris mullin - he might be next tier down though
Who's the 4th best white american of all time after Bird, Stockton, and West? Is there just a MASSIVE dropoff after them?

You make/ask the most random observations/questions.

Who's the 4th best white American of all time? lol
Who's the 4th best white american of all time after Bird, Stockton, and West? Is there just a MASSIVE dropoff after them?

Kurt Tho... er...

...Rambis is the best white American to never play in an all-star game.

[ Edited by AmpLee on Jun 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Kurt Tho... er...

LOL!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Kurt Tho... er...

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Andes, even you have to admit that's funny. Come on
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Andes, even you have to admit that's funny. Come on

Not really, it's just dumb that people think it's THAT dumb. I've heard only 3 rational names to combat my claim: Andre Miller, Marcus Camby, and Mike Bibby (and Kurt Thomas even at his super advanced age, STILL consistently does things to help his team whereas a guy like Bibby, though younger, is pure corpse at this point). So he's clearly in the conversation at the very least, so I really don't get the reaction.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
^ You'd think that the fact that not one person agrees with you would make you see the light, but kudos (I guess?) for sticking to your guns.

Not even Kurt Thomas himself would agree with you that he's the best player not to make an All-Star team.
Originally posted by crzy:
^ You'd think that the fact that not one person agrees with you would make you see the light, but kudos (I guess?) for sticking to your guns.

Not even Kurt Thomas himself would agree with you that he's the best player not to make an All-Star team.

Everyone else lists guys that either have a realistic shot at one day making it, or haven't had as good a career. MAYBE I'd say Stephen Jackson, but I really don't think he was ever that good...KT was like the 2nd or 3rd best center in the East for a nice little while, that's why I think he should have made an ASG over Jamaal Magloire and some of the other weakass guys that made it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You make/ask the most random observations/questions.

Who's the 4th best white American of all time? lol

Ha ya it's random, I was just thinking about how it seemed like most of the good white players lately have been international and for a bit couldn't really think of guys other than Bird, Stockton, and West, but I was clearly forgetting quite a few. But why not take to an internet forum with random questions lol
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14: KT was like the 2nd or 3rd best center in the East for a nice little while

See that's just the thing.

Between 2000-2005, there was absoutely nobody with any basketball knowledge who thought to themselves that Kurt Thomas was a 2nd best center in the NBA. Nobody.

He was a role player who played on some mediocre post-Ewing squads. Nobody gave him much thought beyond that.

Which is what makes your assertion that Kurt Thomas of all the players to have ever played in this league, is the best player to have never made an All-Star team.....so mind-boggling.

There have been many horrendous selections to the All-Star game throughout the years. Jamaal Magloire, Mo Williams, BJ Armstrong, Tyrone Hill, and Jameer Nelson off the top of my head.

But none of those players were "All-Star" caliber players. And neither was Kurt Thomas at any point in his career.

Between 2000-2005, there was absoutely nobody with any basketball knowledge who thought to themselves that Kurt Thomas was a 2nd best center in the NBA. Nobody.

He was a role player who played on some mediocre post-Ewing squads. Nobody gave him much thought beyond that.

Which is what makes your assertion that Kurt Thomas of all the players to have ever played in this league, is the best player to have never made an All-Star team.....so mind-boggling.

There have been many horrendous selections to the All-Star game throughout the years. Jamaal Magloire, Mo Williams, BJ Armstrong, Tyrone Hill, and Jameer Nelson off the top of my head.

But none of those players were "All-Star" caliber players. And neither was Kurt Thomas at any point in his career.

First of all, I'm referring to active players, 2nd of all, I said 2nd or 3rd best center in the East, not NBA (so he should have made the eastern all star team at least one of those years). Sure there were talented bigs out west with Shaq, Yao, Amare, Duncan, Dirk, KG, Randolph, Pau, etc...but in the east? Especially at center? What legit centers were there back then other than like Jermaine O'Neal and I guess Ben Wallace?
[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I guess if you qualify your statements enough, you can justify your original argument.