Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 500 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

I think the funny thing about this whole fiasco is that while everyone wants to look at it from the Laker perspective, they're the party here that gets screwed the least.

-Dell Demps (Hornets GM) doesn't have a ton of great options available in terms of trading CP3, because CP3 won't commit to a long term deal in most places. Considering the position he was in, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, & a 1st Round pick is a pretty good return. What are they gonna get now?

-Darryl Morey (Rockets GM) has coveted Gasol for years. He finally got his guy...until Stern jumped in.

-How do you think Chris Paul, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, & Goran Dragic feel right about now? Reportedly most of them won't be reporting to training camp tomorrow. Can't say I blame them. And it leaves each team in a REALLY awkward position regarding all of them.
Dell Demps had to be talked out of resigning, per Woj. And apparently other GMs are REALLY pissed right now. This is causing gridlock around the league, but the CP3 trade was the first domino for a lot of player movement. What a train wreck. I'm incredibly amused by this.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Honestly this is a clusterf**k of epic proportions.

How can anyone really take the NBA seriously as a sport anymore.

It's like the WWE now.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Lamar Odom crying on the Stephen A Smith show
I smell a 180....

Backlash is too strong.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I smell a 180....

Backlash is too strong.

Yep. There will be some minor tweak to the deal so the NBA can save face for "basketball reasons". Did you check out the email from Dan Gilbert?
Per Chris Broussard, the Nets have emerged as the #1 contender for Dwight Howard. He's expected to ask ORL to trade him there. This is the craziest night I've ever seen in my time following the NBA. #nosleeptilbrooklyn
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I smell a 180....

Backlash is too strong.

Yep. There will be some minor tweak to the deal so the NBA can save face for "basketball reasons". Did you check out the email from Dan Gilbert?

No I didn't although I would compare the Cavaliers to one team... Washington Generals?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Per Chris Broussard, the Nets have emerged as the #1 contender for Dwight Howard. He's expected to ask ORL to trade him there. This is the craziest night I've ever seen in my time following the NBA. #nosleeptilbrooklyn

Deron and Dwight will sign extensions.

I will be extremely happy if this happens. Better than Dwight to the Lakers or elsewhere.
Shades of Devean George bird rights in this one.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Deron and Dwight on the Brooklyn Nets would be good for the NBA.

A Nets-Knicks rivalry there.

Would be incredible.
So the Lakers should offer Bynum and 2 1st round picks for Howard which is better than Lopez and 2 1st round picks so that way Stern can veto this deal. It's only fair right? It isn't the best deal out there.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by socalfan21:
So the Lakers should offer Bynum and 2 1st round picks for Howard which is better than Lopez and 2 1st round picks so that way Stern can veto this deal. It's only fair right? It isn't the best deal out there.

No it's not. Becuase the Nets can absorb all the Magic bad contracts. They're under the cap
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Whoever trades for Dwight has to take Hedo or Gilbert,

Gilbert is probably not feasible, but they have to at least take Hedo's contract.

I think the Nets have more flexibility in that regard.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone