Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 727 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by danimal:
fellow Laker fans, do you now look back at the CP3 trade and still say, puck a Stern....or are you now saying, thanks Stern.

I still lean towards puck a Stern

I thought we gave up too much size at the time, but considering the decline of both Pau & Lamar last year, I woulda loved to see CP3, Kobe, & Bynum.

I would have liked to seen it happen. I too thought we were giving up a lot, but a superstar PG has been absent on the Lakers since Magic, so I would have liked to have seen it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by danimal:
fellow Laker fans, do you now look back at the CP3 trade and still say, puck a Stern....or are you now saying, thanks Stern.

I still lean towards puck a Stern

I thought we gave up too much size at the time, but considering the decline of both Pau & Lamar last year, I woulda loved to see CP3, Kobe, & Bynum.

I would have liked to seen it happen. I too thought we were giving up a lot, but a superstar PG has been absent on the Lakers since Magic, so I would have liked to have seen it.

This guy was pretty good:

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by danimal:
fellow Laker fans, do you now look back at the CP3 trade and still say, puck a Stern....or are you now saying, thanks Stern.

I still lean towards puck a Stern

I thought we gave up too much size at the time, but considering the decline of both Pau & Lamar last year, I woulda loved to see CP3, Kobe, & Bynum.

I would have liked to seen it happen. I too thought we were giving up a lot, but a superstar PG has been absent on the Lakers since Magic, so I would have liked to have seen it.

This guy was pretty good:


I'm a big NVE fan, but I said "Superstar".
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by danimal:
fellow Laker fans, do you now look back at the CP3 trade and still say, puck a Stern....or are you now saying, thanks Stern.

I still lean towards puck a Stern

I thought we gave up too much size at the time, but considering the decline of both Pau & Lamar last year, I woulda loved to see CP3, Kobe, & Bynum.

I would have liked to seen it happen. I too thought we were giving up a lot, but a superstar PG has been absent on the Lakers since Magic, so I would have liked to have seen it.

This guy was pretty good:


I'm a big NVE fan, but I said "Superstar".


Fine then: what about the guy guarding Nick Van Exel?
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Jun 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Fine then: what about the guy guarding Nick Van Exel?

He was no longer a superstar at that point.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Fine then: what about the guy guarding Nick Van Exel?

He was no longer a superstar at that point.

He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.

Definitely.. the dream proves the point
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.

Definitely.. the dream proves the point

I know a lot of people agree with that, but I definitely think players are more talented now. I just think the centers were better at that time.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by danimal:
fellow Laker fans, do you now look back at the CP3 trade and still say, puck a Stern....or are you now saying, thanks Stern.

I still lean towards puck a Stern

I thought we gave up too much size at the time, but considering the decline of both Pau & Lamar last year, I woulda loved to see CP3, Kobe, & Bynum.

I would have liked to seen it happen. I too thought we were giving up a lot, but a superstar PG has been absent on the Lakers since Magic, so I would have liked to have seen it.

I was stoked when we traded for him as I didn't want gasol on the team anymore. So yeah I was fu stern and the colluding owners, and I still feel that way. I'll love if Cuban broke up a championship team to go after dwill and Howard and end up with just his d*** in his hand.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.

I don't. I think it was one of the most watered down eras in league history. The league expanded by 6 teams from 88-95, and it was before the European invasion.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.

I don't. I think it was one of the most watered down eras in league history. The league expanded by 6 teams from 88-95, and it was before the European invasion.

The Greatest Show on Court though
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
He was awesome in his prime, though.

Honestly, mid-90's basketball... the most talented era ever? I think so.

I don't. I think it was one of the most watered down eras in league history. The league expanded by 6 teams from 88-95, and it was before the European invasion.

If you set nostalgia aside, that's absolutely correct.
steve welcome to las angeles.

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-angeles-lakers/2012/7/4/3137856/steve-nash-rumors-suns-lakers-deal-draft-picks
God damnit
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
God damnit

Exactly, I used to like Nash, now I have to hate him.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone