49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 449 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That doesn't surprise me.

Yes, how weird of me to raise an eyebrow when 2 guys that have barely played all year (Ebanks, Hill) would all of a sudden play more than guys that have played a ton all year (Bynum, Barnes). I'm sure you totally anticipated Hill, who has played less than 1 minute per game since getting traded to LAL, all of a sudden playing 25 minutes in regulation and all of both overtimes. You could not possibly be more condescending.

For example, Hill first entered the game to start the 2nd quarter so clearly the gameplan ahead of time was for him to be a regular part of the rotation when he never had been before. So I was wondering if maybe McRoberts and/or Murphy were dealing with an injury or something. Not everything requires a condescending response, if it's at all possible for you to turn that switch off...
[ Edited by andes14 on Apr 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
1) That was damn entertaining.
2) I still think OKC whoops our asses if we face them in a 7 game series. Hope I'm wrong.
3) But a win like this has the potential to swing the season in the right direction.
4) More Jordan Hill please. McRoberts & Murphy shouldn't be touching the court. I don't know why it took this long to see him get time.
5) More Ebanks too. Although Artest's pending suspension might make that happen anyway.

Yes.

One thing that was disheartening however was how 1-dimensional our offense was from the late 4th all the way till the game ended. Not one play was called for Pau and not once did we even get him down into the lower block. If OKC just started doubling Kobe off the P&Rs or just double him whenever he touched the ball, they could have easily (IMO) exploited the lack of offense in that starting 5 we had out there (Blake/Bryant/Ebanks/Gasol/Hill)...

And the MWP elbow was retarded...I hope they just suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the 1st round. Altho Idk if Stern can say "you're suspended for the entire first round of playoffs", it'll have to be an X number of games...so I'm hoping for 5 postseason games and the rest of the regular season. We still need a guy like MWP, regardless of how well Ebanks played tonight.
Originally posted by andes14:
Yes, how weird of me to raise an eyebrow when 2 guys that have barely played all year (Ebanks, Hill) would all of a sudden play more than guys that have played a ton all year (Bynum, Barnes). I'm sure you totally anticipated Hill, who has played less than 1 minute per game since getting traded to LAL, all of a sudden playing 25 minutes in regulation and all of both overtimes. You could not possibly be more condescending.

For example, Hill first entered the game to start the 2nd quarter so clearly the gameplan ahead of time was for him to be a regular part of the rotation when he never had been before. So I was wondering if maybe McRoberts and/or Murphy were dealing with an injury or something. Not everything requires a condescending response, if it's at all possible for you to turn that switch off...

I'm condescending toward you because you're an almost unreadable combination of confidence and ignorance that pollutes this board, and that's why everyone around here laughs at you.

No, I didn't anticipate Jordan Hill & Devin Ebanks playing big minutes before the game. But you made that comment either late in the 4th quarter or in the first overtime. The fact that you couldn't figure out why 3 players that were instrumental in erasing a 16 point 4th quarter deficit stayed on the court doesn't surprise me, but it certainly deserves a facepalm and exhibits your usual lack of understanding of basketball.
Originally posted by dobo:
Yep. Arrest was very lucky he wasn't banned before. If he hasn't been on double secret probation since his reinstatement, then that's a major fail on Stern's part. What he did to Harden could get him arrested, and it's only by the grace of police and prosecutors that this kind of thing doesn't typically result in charges.

If Artest went back into the stands again, I'd guess that he'd be gone for good. But a vicious elbow thrown to another player on the court? That's worth a 5+ game suspension, but it's an apples and oranges comparison. That sort of thing happens on a pretty regular basis, and a lifetime suspension for it is going way overboard, history or not.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by andes14:
Yes, how weird of me to raise an eyebrow when 2 guys that have barely played all year (Ebanks, Hill) would all of a sudden play more than guys that have played a ton all year (Bynum, Barnes). I'm sure you totally anticipated Hill, who has played less than 1 minute per game since getting traded to LAL, all of a sudden playing 25 minutes in regulation and all of both overtimes. You could not possibly be more condescending.

For example, Hill first entered the game to start the 2nd quarter so clearly the gameplan ahead of time was for him to be a regular part of the rotation when he never had been before. So I was wondering if maybe McRoberts and/or Murphy were dealing with an injury or something. Not everything requires a condescending response, if it's at all possible for you to turn that switch off...

I'm condescending toward you because you're an almost unreadable combination of confidence and ignorance that pollutes this board, and that's why everyone around here laughs at you.

No, I didn't anticipate Jordan Hill & Devin Ebanks playing big minutes before the game. But you made that comment either late in the 4th quarter or in the first overtime. The fact that you couldn't figure out why 3 players that were instrumental in erasing a 16 point 4th quarter deficit stayed on the court doesn't surprise me, but it certainly deserves a facepalm and exhibits your usual lack of understanding of basketball.

You and your minions who cyberblow you are NOT "everyone" but nice try. And I know you should stick with the group that erases a deficit, but a) I didn't watch that whole game and was unaware at the time I posted of the deficit so normal, amiable people could simply point out that they helped to erase it instead of acting like a spoiled pre-pubescent little girl like you tend to (and if you realized that maybe, just maybe it's possible for someone to have not watched the game in its entirety, you'd realize that's why I hadn't known), and b) it is also surprising that that was INITIALLY the group relied upon to erase it so maybe there could have been an injury or 2, or someone maybe fouled out, etc.
[ Edited by andes14 on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by dobo:
No, it doesn't happen regularly. And history matters a great deal, or it should, since the NBA is basically a self-regulating enterprise.

Sure it does, at least in terms of dangerous, violent, and intentional acts. Kevin Love stomping on Scola's head & throat and head earlier in the season comes to mind, and more to the point, guys like Zaza Pachulia & Reggie Evans make a living off of dirty plays. This one was definitely egregious, but heck...Derek Fisher did this to Scola 3 years ago and got a one game suspension. Going back a little more, guys like Karl Malone & Mutombo were notorious for this sorta thing as well.

And I know it's a different era, but when McHale clotheslined Rambis in mid-air he didn't get even get thrown out of the game, and there was history there as well. Artest deserves 5-10 games for this, and that's more of a statement on the era that we're playing in that the rarity of the act, IMO.
Originally posted by andes14:
You and your minions who cyberblow you are NOT "everyone" but nice try. And I know you should stick with the group that erases a deficit, but a) I didn't watch that whole game and was unaware at the time I posted of the deficit so normal, amiable people could simply point out that they helped to erase it instead of acting like a spoiled pre-pubescent little girl like you tend to (and if you realized that maybe, just maybe it's possible for someone to have not watched the game in its entirety, you'd realize that's why I hadn't known), and b) it is also surprising that that was INITIALLY the group relied upon to erase it. Hence I thought at first maybe there was an injury or 2, or someone maybe fouled out, etc.

You're right. Based on the normal quality of your posts, I should have realized that it was pretty likely that you make observations about basketball without actually watching basketball. That explains a lot, actually.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You're right. Based on the normal quality of your posts, I should have realized that it was pretty likely that you make observations about basketball without actually watching basketball. That explains a lot, actually.

Right, because you watch ALL of EVERY nba game. You're Superman, YAYYYY FOR YOU!!
Originally posted by GameOver:
Yes.

One thing that was disheartening however was how 1-dimensional our offense was from the late 4th all the way till the game ended. Not one play was called for Pau and not once did we even get him down into the lower block. If OKC just started doubling Kobe off the P&Rs or just double him whenever he touched the ball, they could have easily (IMO) exploited the lack of offense in that starting 5 we had out there (Blake/Bryant/Ebanks/Gasol/Hill)...

And the MWP elbow was retarded...I hope they just suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the 1st round. Altho Idk if Stern can say "you're suspended for the entire first round of playoffs", it'll have to be an X number of games...so I'm hoping for 5 postseason games and the rest of the regular season. We still need a guy like MWP, regardless of how well Ebanks played tonight.

Yeah, I was equally frustrated with the offense down the stretch. That said, Pau has always given me the impression that he wants no part of the ball in those moments (most of the time) unless he's shooting an open jumper. There are a lot of times where he'll have the ball and all he does is look for where Kobe is...doesn't even try to attack. I thought OKC did trap him off of the PnR most of the time, and Kobe made some solid passes to Gasol after he rolled. That's why most of our buckets came off of terrible looks that Kobe just managed to knock down. (Blake made a really difficult corner 3 as well)

Basically, between that and Durant/Westbrook being cold, we got lucky down the stretch.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You're right. Based on the normal quality of your posts, I should have realized that it was pretty likely that you make observations about basketball without actually watching basketball. That explains a lot, actually.

Right, because you watch ALL of EVERY nba game. You're Superman, YAYYYY FOR YOU!!

Your propensity for over-exaggeration and taking comments out of context is another reason why you're a running gag on this board.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Your propensity for over-exaggeration and taking comments out of context is another reason why you're a running gag on this board.

What exactly did I over-exaggerate or take out of context? You said I don't watch basketball because I didn't watch ALL of ONE particular game. You calling me out on that implies that you DO watch all of every game or else why would you have said that? Nice try, thankyoucomeagain
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Congratulations on being one of his minions who cyberblows him at every chance possible as I had previously explained. You, sir, are the loser here.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Your propensity for over-exaggeration and taking comments out of context is another reason why you're a running gag on this board.

What exactly did I over-exaggerate or take out of context? You said I don't watch basketball because I didn't watch ALL of ONE particular game. You calling me out on that implies that you DO watch all of every game or else why would you have said that? Nice try, thankyoucomeagain

It doesn't imply that I watch every game. It implies that I don't comment on s**t that I don't watch. This is such basic comprehension that it's embarrassing that it has to be explained to you.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It doesn't imply that I watch every game. It implies that I don't comment on s**t that I don't watch. This is such basic comprehension that it's embarrassing that it has to be explained to you.

What's wrong with commenting or asking on something you didn't watch?? Let's say Darius Morris played 40 mins in a game you didn't watch, you wouldn't inquire about it from guys that may have watched it? That's a sin in your book?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone