There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there WAY TOO MUCH Penn State football scandal media coverage?

Is there WAY TOO MUCH Penn State football scandal media coverage?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
I didn't make it man. Still is fitting.

never said you did.... still ripping off Detroit...

yeah and its stupid as hell and not fitting. What does Penn St's supposed qualities have to do with the molested kids? NOTHING. This is their problem and nobody else's. I'm sick of Penn State acting like it's a big deal for them and they are the ones going through anything. The student body has nothing to do with this other than the stupid crap they already pulled with the rioting, and the problems the football program are dealing with are/were being brought on by the jackasses who covered this up. Applying the whole "this town has been through hell and back" part of the commercial to this tragedy is f**king dumb. The ones who have been through something traumatic and "hell and back" are the children who got attacked and their families, not the god damn football program or university or city or whatever. Just leave the kids be and let this trial play out and Sandusky can rot in hell, and maybe Paterno and the other Penn State cronies can join him if they actually were as complicit as they have been rumored to be.

You just don't understand the mentality of State College. I feel like that is getting lost on most of the population that have never been there or lived there.
ur first problem is that ur watching espn. you only need to watch nfl network. the other sports are garbage and at this point don't exist. no nba thankfully and thank God baseball is out of season. other then that i can see some interest in tennis or perhaps hockey maybe but how does espn even consider poker a sport they are a bs joke of a channel.
http://loop21.com/content/other-penn-state-cover-death-threats-against-black-students
Personally, I don't think it is getting enough out of the sports world media attention. I think it should get more attention so everyone who allowed this to happen gets, at the minimum, roasted in the court of public opinion.

This is actually good for everyone, including people this has happened to before because it brings more awareness to people who think, "no, that can't happen." It makes everyone more aware and quicker to investigate things.
You just don't understand the mentality of State College. I feel like that is getting lost on most of the population that have never been there or lived there.

Can you please explain?
I wonder how long before it comes out that McQueary was a victim at one time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Whats to understand? Its small town life. If Penn St. was in Philadelphia, people wouldn't be reacting the same way that a town in which 90% of the people living there make their living directly or indirectly off the football program and there is nothing else to do then get sucked into Penn St. Still doesn't make you special or apart of what is happening right now.

Whats to understand? Its small town life. If Penn St. was in Philadelphia, people wouldn't be reacting the same way that a town in which 90% of the people living there make their living directly or indirectly off the football program and there is nothing else to do then get sucked into Penn St. Still doesn't make you special or apart of what is happening right now.
i hate this mentality that us "outsiders" dont understand. what dont u understand about multiple rapes of children, multiple witnesses that failed them, and people that decided the penn state brand was more important to protect then children? then u post a video and expect us to sob for the poor students. really???? a small part of me does feel bad for the students and players that did nothing wrong, but come on. who are the victims here? I feel terrible for the victims and their families, not going to shed a tear 4 the students or alum.

yeah and its stupid as hell and not fitting. What does Penn St's supposed qualities have to do with the molested kids? NOTHING. This is their problem and nobody else's. I'm sick of Penn State acting like it's a big deal for them and they are the ones going through anything. The student body has nothing to do with this other than the stupid crap they already pulled with the rioting, and the problems the football program are dealing with are/were being brought on by the jackasses who covered this up. Applying the whole "this town has been through hell and back" part of the commercial to this tragedy is f**king dumb. The ones who have been through something traumatic and "hell and back" are the children who got attacked and their families, not the god damn football program or university or city or whatever. Just leave the kids be and let this trial play out and Sandusky can rot in hell, and maybe Paterno and the other Penn State cronies can join him if they actually were as complicit as they have been rumored to be.

my mom went to a state college. After I finish my time at JuCo I might transfer to one. But trying to fit your mentality around something like this is stupid. It has nothing to do with understanding a mentality. It has to do with understanding this isn't about you guys, your school, your football team, etc. It's about the children that got molested by a crazy sick jackass in Sandusky. I find the PSU attitude towards this extremely self centered.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

i hate this mentality that us "outsiders" dont understand. what dont u understand about multiple rapes of children, multiple witnesses that failed them, and people that decided the penn state brand was more important to protect then children? then u post a video and expect us to sob for the poor students. really???? a small part of me does feel bad for the students and players that did nothing wrong, but come on. who are the victims here? I feel terrible for the victims and their families, not going to shed a tear 4 the students or alum.

agree with both

my mom went to a state college. After I finish my time at JuCo I might transfer to one. But trying to fit your mentality around something like this is stupid. It has nothing to do with understanding a mentality. It has to do with understanding this isn't about you guys, your school, your football team, etc. It's about the children that got molested by a crazy sick jackass in Sandusky. I find the PSU attitude towards this extremely self centered.
We do understand that bolded part. We understand it is not about the school/alumni. The problem is the media and the rest of the country doesn't seem to understand that. They want to blame the problem caused by a few bad apples on the entire school. Im talking about people saying the school should have sanctions against it, I'm talking about the companies that are not hiring PSU students and taking away students' future internships. It's ludicrious. Everyone is judging the school when it really has nothing to do with the students and our beliefs. It has to do with the leadership.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
We do understand that bolded part. We understand it is not about the school/alumni. The problem is the media and the rest of the country doesn't seem to understand that. They want to blame the problem caused by a few bad apples on the entire school. Im talking about people saying the school should have sanctions against it, I'm talking about the companies that are not hiring PSU students and taking away students' future internships. It's ludicrious. Everyone is judging the school when it really has nothing to do with the students and our beliefs. It has to do with the leadership.

You have thousands of student rioting because of a football coach being let go. You have almost the entire power structure at Penn St. being fired and most of them being charged in this case. Its far more then a "few bad apples"

You have thousands of student rioting because of a football coach being let go. You have almost the entire power structure at Penn St. being fired and most of them being charged in this case. Its far more then a "few bad apples"

People that chalk the rioting up to just the football coach being let go don't really understand the dynamics of what is going on. Think about it...
Teach your kids to not like anal
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
People that chalk the rioting up to just the football coach being let go don't really understand the dynamics of what is going on. Think about it...

Okay... 60% of the people rioting were just trying to be apart of the group and it was a change to get drunk/high and do stupid stuff.