LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I would really give Money props if he steps up and fights Serg... ala DLH fighting B-hop. If they could find the right weight it would be cool to see.

Agreed. But you know all the pac fans would go nuts if he doesn't fight Pac next. So, that has to be next on his resume.

I LOVE pac but I don't think he could beat Floyd. I've always said that, even before sat night's fight.

I think fighting King Serg at 150-154+ would be a harder fight for Floyd than Manny at 144-147.

Either case, I think Floyd wins both fights.
i dunno amir I think Floyd would perfectly happy with pissing off as many people as he can. lol
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
i dunno amir I think Floyd would perfectly happy with pissing off as many people as he can. lol

That is the truth lol.
Originally posted by lamontb:
It was sad to see this fight b/c it really confirmed that Manny isn't even in Floyd's shadow.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree that it showed Manny has some serious troubles with counter punchers and Floyd is the best in the game at that. If they fight, Manny and Roach need to put in some serious work on how to get in and out vs floyd.

Styles and match ups always make fights so there is always a shot that a fight with Floyd would go differently. I honestly think that Manny wasn't really interested in this fight. He's just fighting to be fighting. I'm sure he would be more pumped for a fight with Floyd. But just looking at boxing skill. Floyd has dude beat and ti's not even close. But that doesn't mean Manny cant beat him or that he would be totally outmatched. Floyd is 10 times faster than Marquez, and even more discplined. I just think floyd is simply too fast and too good of a defensive fighter for Manny.
Originally posted by danimal:
Exactly like I predicted. Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight. No reason for Pac to bring his A game to this one. For one, Marquez is problematic for him and dangerous so there was no good reason to take chances against him. But also, Pac always has to be careful now not to scare Mayweather even further.

In regards to possible juicing.....was anyone else surprised by the size of Marquez??? Wow, now that dude put on some muscle mass....and he is in his late thirties!
--
[ Edited by danimal on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Exactly like I predicted. Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight. No reason for Pac to bring his A game to this one. For one, Marquez is problematic for him and dangerous so there was no good reason to take chances against him. But also, Pac always has to be careful now not to scare Mayweather even further.

In regards to possible juicing.....was anyone else surprised by the size of Marquez??? Wow, now that dude put on some muscle mass....and he is in his late thirties!

so you really think pac wasn't goin' hard on purpose? i dunno man.. he doesn't seem like the type that would do that

I do know this. That wasn't Pacs best. So either it was purposeful......OR he truly is declining. It could be either, I fully admit that it could be the latter. However I did predict Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight, so I am still favoring that assumption.I'm just sayin, he had reasons to not go balls out on this one.

As for the outcome of the fight. It could have gone either way but I can honestly say that nobody got cheated on this one.

First I would like to clear up something that continues to get repeated.Marquez landed the cleaner shots.That is a true statement, but it is also an incomplete statement. The fact of the matter is NEITHER fighter landed any devastating shots. Let me repeat that...NEITHER fighter landed any devastating shotsAlso, did Marquez land some cleaner shots? Yes. But barely so. He landed 2, 3 more tops. And they were just a tad harder punches. So while Marquez did land cleaner shots, it was only by a couple and they were only a bit cleaner.

The reason why Pac was declared the winner, is because AS ALWAYS, he is a f**king machine and ALWAYS puts in more punches than his opponent. Anyone who understands boxing knows if we could still have 15 to 20 round fights, its guys like Pac who would benefit the most. You can tell his stamina is just on a different level than most fighters, Marquez included. Each round Pac put in more more work than Marquez.

The reason why Marquez made it hard for the judges to not give him the loss is because he went way too conservative in the last 2 to 3 rounds. If his corner was telling him he was the winner already than too bad for him for listening. Any fighter with the sense of a billy goat should have realized he was in an effective draw and it could go either way. I think the judges needed Marquez to not solely rely on the counter punching, you have to give Pac a chance to do some countering also. I know that was my expectation at the end.It was the right decision. It was not an impressive victory, but neither side earned that.

Neither fighter wanted this fight to go like the first two, they both were a bit shy in this one, and neither wanted to hit the canvas. In the end, the challenger failed to realize he was the challenger, and despite what his corner was telling him and was nowhere near a assured win
[ Edited by danimal on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]
danimal i like your post but there is a hint of excuses, still nice one

I would pay to see a 4th fight

so you really think pac wasn't goin' hard on purpose? i dunno man.. he doesn't seem like the type that would do that

I do know this. That wasn't Pacs best. So either it was purposeful......OR he truly is declining. It could be either, I fully admit that it could be the latter. However I did predict Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight, so I am still favoring that assumption.I'm just sayin, he had reasons to not go balls out on this one.As for the outcome of the fight. It could have gone either way but I can honestly say that nobody got cheated on this one. First I would like to clear up something that continues to get repeated.Marquez landed the cleaner shots.That is a true statement, but it is also an incomplete statement. The fact of the matter is NEITHER fighter landed any devastating shots. Let me repeat that...NEITHER fighter landed any devastating shotsAlso, did Marquez land some cleaner shots? Yes. But barely so. He landed 2, 3 more tops. And they were just a tad harder punches. So while Marquez did land cleaner shots, it was only by a couple and they were only a bit cleaner.The reason why Pac was declared the winner, is because AS ALWAYS, he is a f**king machine and ALWAYS puts in more punches than his opponent. Anyone who understands boxing knows if we could still have 15 to 20 round fights, its guys like Pac who would benefit the most. You can tell his stamina is just on a different level than most fighters, Marquez included. Each round Pac put in more more work than Marquez.The reason why Marquez made it hard for the judges to not give him the loss is because he went way too conservative in the last 2 to 3 rounds. If his corner was telling him he was the winner already than too bad for him for listening. Any fighter with the sense of a billy goat should have realized he was in an effective draw and it could go either way. I think the judges needed Marquez to not solely rely on the counter punching, you have to give Pac a chance to do some countering also. I know that was my expectation at the end.It was the right decision. It was not an impressive victory, but neither side earned that. Neither fighter wanted this fight to go like the first two, they both were a bit shy in this one, and neither wanted to hit the canvas. In the end, the challenger failed to realize he was the challenger, and despite what his corner was telling him and was nowhere near a assured win

Excellent post man. Excellent.

Love all these people claiming Marquez won cause his corner told him he was winning in the 11th.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by titan:
Marquez is no chump, so I don't understand why people are making Manny out like a chump. They fought twice already! they practically knew when the other guy is going to blink! So Manny had a difficult time with Marquez style that makes floyd superior over Manny! I say put floyd against Marquez and you'll see a different fight! possibly a different result.

Floyd already fought Marquez and whooped him 12 rounds to none. He even knocked him down once.

I am sure the poster meant that this fight would be much different than the last one. I don't necessarily agree with this because styles makes fights at their level. Pac vs. Floyd would be a good fight. I'm not a pac fan but it does seem like floyd is content at not fighting somebody who has a legitimate shot at beating him or making him look bad. Floyd seems to want to be considered one of the best ever blah blah blah.

Exactly what I meant! The rematch would be different knowing Marquez would pickup tendency and timing.He can also carry the weight properly and he doesn't drink his own urine.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fister30:
Marquez is no chump, so I don't understand why people are making Manny out like a chump. They fought twice already! they practically knew when the other guy is going to blink! So Manny had a difficult time with Marquez style that makes floyd superior over Manny! I say put floyd against Marquez and you'll see a different fight! possibly a different result.

Floyd already fought Marquez and whooped him 12 rounds to none. He even knocked him down once.

I am sure the poster meant that this fight would be much different than the last one. I don't necessarily agree with this because styles makes fights at their level. Pac vs. Floyd would be a good fight. I'm not a pac fan but it does seem like floyd is content at not fighting somebody who has a legitimate shot at beating him or making him look bad. Floyd seems to want to be considered one of the best ever blah blah blah.

Exactly what I meant! The rematch would be different knowing Marquez would pickup tendency and timing.He can also carry the weight properly and he doesn't drink his own urine.

I still the outcome would be the same. Marquez was also 2-3 years younger and got dominated by Floyd. Now, maybe he can carry the weight, buy would be damn near 40. Forget age, I still think Marquez gets whooped against Floyd. Marquez is a counter-puncher and Floyd is the BEST counter-puncher. He just doesn't match up well against him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ I saw a fat drained Marquez against Floyd! What made it even worse for Marquez was Floyd pulled a fast one and didn't even cut down and took the fine.

Clearly Marquez was the better boxer on Saturday night. However, I believe you have to really beat the champ to be the champ. You either have to dominate the champ or knock him out, Marquez did neither. Win on points doesn't cut it for me.
Just saw the fight, good fight but I don't disagree with PAC winning it at alll. He landed more punches and was the agressor. That is 99% of the time a recipe to win a fight on the scoring cards. Manny was clearly the stronger fighter, probably the same reason Marquez let up in the final round and missed out on a draw.
^ I saw a fat drained Marquez against Floyd! What made it even worse for Marquez was Floyd pulled a fast one and didn't even cut down and took the fine.

THIS

and Marquez did stupid MMA training for ''balance '' instead of training to box like he normally does.
yall catch that youtube video of marquez stepping on manny's foot throughout the fight? i don't know if it was done purposely but it makes you think
yall catch that youtube video of marquez stepping on manny's foot throughout the fight? i don't know if it was done purposely but it makes you think

That is an old tactic you use when fighting a southpaw. You have to keep your lead foot out side or in front to ensure being able to land the straight right.
Share 49ersWebzone