There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pacquiao vs. Marquez (November 12, 2011)

Mayweather is a coward.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Marquez is no chump, so I don't understand why people are making Manny out like a chump. They fought twice already! they practically knew when the other guy is going to blink! So Manny had a difficult time with Marquez style that makes floyd superior over Manny! I say put floyd against Marquez and you'll see a different fight! possibly a different result.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I read somewhere that Pac's legs were cramping again. I don't know if that's just an excuse, but if it is cramping, then Ariza better look into that. Two subpar fights in a row due to cramping is a big deal and he's gonna have to figure out why it only happens on fight night.

I notice the cramps emanating from his feet was given as a reason again and is soemething they are concerned about - this could be an excuse or if it's genuine then it may be a problem he won't be able to get rid of now and therefore his decline may have started.

To me, his gameplan against Marquez was extremely odd. The cramps may explain it - he's in against a weaker boxer than the likes of Margarito and Cotto - a more skilled boxer but not as strong. He's fought this guy twice before and taken shots from him and he knows he can handle it...he also knows he can KO this guy with the right shot and he has more power now than he did in 2007! So I'm struggling to figure out why he was scared of going toe to toe and flurrying like he did with Margarito, where he was incredibly explosive and Margarito hits harder than Marquez and is stronger also. Pacquiao left himself open to shots from Margarito but didn't stop him from exploding him with shots back - he should have taken that same plan to Marquez, that's his strength
Originally posted by okdkid:
Mayweather is a coward.

Hey bro dont know ya, but this is what makes people not like Pac and his fans. Talking s**t about Money while your boy just barely escaped ?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Mayweather is a coward.

yep.
Originally posted by titan:
Marquez is no chump, so I don't understand why people are making Manny out like a chump. They fought twice already! they practically knew when the other guy is going to blink! So Manny had a difficult time with Marquez style that makes floyd superior over Manny! I say put floyd against Marquez and you'll see a different fight! possibly a different result.

maybe i misread but u know they fought already?
  • Amir
  • Veteran

Floyd already fought Marquez and whooped him 12 rounds to none. He even knocked him down once.
I would really give Money props if he steps up and fights Serg... ala DLH fighting B-hop. If they could find the right weight it would be cool to see.
Originally posted by Amir:
I notice the cramps emanating from his feet was given as a reason again and is soemething they are concerned about - this could be an excuse or if it's genuine then it may be a problem he won't be able to get rid of now and therefore his decline may have started.

To me, his gameplan against Marquez was extremely odd. The cramps may explain it - he's in against a weaker boxer than the likes of Margarito and Cotto - a more skilled boxer but not as strong. He's fought this guy twice before and taken shots from him and he knows he can handle it...he also knows he can KO this guy with the right shot and he has more power now than he did in 2007! So I'm struggling to figure out why he was scared of going toe to toe and flurrying like he did with Margarito, where he was incredibly explosive and Margarito hits harder than Marquez and is stronger also. Pacquiao left himself open to shots from Margarito but didn't stop him from exploding him with shots back - he should have taken that same plan to Marquez, that's his strength

Marquez presents a different problem for Manny. Marquez was able to avoid alot of problems with his moving to his left. Manny had to reach to land the left so that is why he looked off balance a lot. Marquez was able to land the lead upper and over hand right at will because of his stance. Manny has him beat in power, strength, and speed, but not in timing. Marquez is one of the smartest fighters of his generation. He let off the gas pedal at the end but did enough to win it. The commentators again can be very persuasive, but I gotta believe that the possiblity of risking the Mayweather vs Pacman fight had more to do with the commentary and judging than anything manny did in the ring.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I would really give Money props if he steps up and fights Serg... ala DLH fighting B-hop. If they could find the right weight it would be cool to see.

Agreed. But you know all the pac fans would go nuts if he doesn't fight Pac next. So, that has to be next on his resume.

I LOVE pac but I don't think he could beat Floyd. I've always said that, even before sat night's fight.

I think fighting King Serg at 150-154+ would be a harder fight for Floyd than Manny at 144-147.

Either case, I think Floyd wins both fights.
[ Edited by Amir on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Amir:

Floyd already fought Marquez and whooped him 12 rounds to none. He even knocked him down once.

I am sure the poster meant that this fight would be much different than the last one. I don't necessarily agree with this because styles makes fights at their level. Pac vs. Floyd would be a good fight. I'm not a pac fan but it does seem like floyd is content at not fighting somebody who has a legitimate shot at beating him or making him look bad. Floyd seems to want to be considered one of the best ever blah blah blah.
wow.. did not expect that..

it looked like a draw to me.. i think we're used to seeing manny dominate so it took everyone by surprise.. marquez just matches up well with pac obviously

i kept thinking throughout the fight that maybe manny needs a new trainer? no disrepect to roach but it didn't seem like he could adjust to whatever marquez was doing

what scares me is mayweather made marquez look stupid when they fought.. what would happen if he fought pac?
Exactly like I predicted. Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight. No reason for Pac to bring his A game to this one. For one, Marquez is problematic for him and dangerous so there was no good reason to take chances against him. But also, Pac always has to be careful now not to scare Mayweather even further.

In regards to possible juicing.....was anyone else surprised by the size of Marquez??? Wow, now that dude put on some muscle mass....and he is in his late thirties!
Originally posted by danimal:
Exactly like I predicted. Manny was going to carry Marquez in this fight. No reason for Pac to bring his A game to this one. For one, Marquez is problematic for him and dangerous so there was no good reason to take chances against him. But also, Pac always has to be careful now not to scare Mayweather even further.

In regards to possible juicing.....was anyone else surprised by the size of Marquez??? Wow, now that dude put on some muscle mass....and he is in his late thirties!

so you really think pac wasn't goin' hard on purpose? i dunno man.. he doesn't seem like the type that would do that
Originally posted by danimal:

I agree but but since were throwing out assumptions I thought this fight was a tester for Pacman to not take his vitimans to pass a test with floyd. He failed bad.