There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,318
dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

Latest on #PSU: Paterno shielding assets from possible lawsuits. In July.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html?_r=1
Originally posted by Jcool:
dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

Latest on #PSU: Paterno shielding assets from possible lawsuits. In July.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html?_r=1

Penn St I bet is doing the same. Lawsuit city is a coming to PSU. They need to put up a fence around the state.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

John, You and SportsFan are the pot calling the kettle black in this thread. If anyone is doing the ridicule its both of you. You both have taken shots at me and other, if you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

LOL Jim, you started off telling me I just liked to argue with you. I barely remember you to tell you the truth. Trust me when I tell you that arguing with you doesn't make my day. The only thing I laughed at is when you said that the Penn. St football program would be closed down. I still think that is laughable and will tell anyone ( and not just you Jim) that there isnt a chance in hell that Penn.St will get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. As for not taking the heat... when did I say anything about me? I simply said that the "ridicule on Sports Fan had become a bit excessive". People are piling on the guy.

I remember you from the Giants thread, because you b***hed and cried about the Freddie Sanchez trade and wanted Sabs head, until the Giants won the division, then you did a 360 and told everyone what a great awesome trade it was!! BLAH BLAH.....I know it makes your day! Also saying people are piling on the guy in this thread is a poor choice of words!! Sandusky would have liked that one!!

Like I said.. I barely remember you. However, if you really want to compare baseball knowledge with me have at it. I'm pretty sure I can hang in there with you. LMAO. By the way, I never said the Sanchez deal was awesome.

so ur a know it all when it comes to baseball? I bet you never played the game, or football or basketball, but knows everything about the game. lmao as well.

Yep. I am pretty much a "know it all" when it comes to baseball. Thanks . And, yes I did play in college, coach high school age kids,, referee and umpire at the high school level, and know a bit about the game. But, this thread isnt about that now is it. If you want to question me about my baseball knowledge you can certainly PM me. I dont want to bore others in here. This is about Sandusky and the Penn St scandal.

BTW, Don't thank me, I had a question mark behind what I was asking. Your ego comes out huge in your reply. Post some pictures of you playing in college if you really did play in a game? Riding the pine don't count, but go ahead and post them for fun.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

John, You and SportsFan are the pot calling the kettle black in this thread. If anyone is doing the ridicule its both of you. You both have taken shots at me and other, if you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

LOL Jim, you started off telling me I just liked to argue with you. I barely remember you to tell you the truth. Trust me when I tell you that arguing with you doesn't make my day. The only thing I laughed at is when you said that the Penn. St football program would be closed down. I still think that is laughable and will tell anyone ( and not just you Jim) that there isnt a chance in hell that Penn.St will get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. As for not taking the heat... when did I say anything about me? I simply said that the "ridicule on Sports Fan had become a bit excessive". People are piling on the guy.

I remember you from the Giants thread, because you b***hed and cried about the Freddie Sanchez trade and wanted Sabs head, until the Giants won the division, then you did a 360 and told everyone what a great awesome trade it was!! BLAH BLAH.....I know it makes your day! Also saying people are piling on the guy in this thread is a poor choice of words!! Sandusky would have liked that one!!

Like I said.. I barely remember you. However, if you really want to compare baseball knowledge with me have at it. I'm pretty sure I can hang in there with you. LMAO. By the way, I never said the Sanchez deal was awesome.

so ur a know it all when it comes to baseball? I bet you never played the game, or football or basketball, but knows everything about the game. lmao as well.

Yep. I am pretty much a "know it all" when it comes to baseball. Thanks . And, yes I did play in college, coach high school age kids,, referee and umpire at the high school level, and know a bit about the game. But, this thread isnt about that now is it. If you want to question me about my baseball knowledge you can certainly PM me. I dont want to bore others in here. This is about Sandusky and the Penn St scandal.

BTW, Don't thank me, I had a question mark behind what I was asking. Your ego comes out huge in your reply. Post some pictures of you playing in college if you really did play in a game? Riding the pine don't count, but go ahead and post them for fun.

check your PM. I am not going to go back and forth with you in this serious thread
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

John, You and SportsFan are the pot calling the kettle black in this thread. If anyone is doing the ridicule its both of you. You both have taken shots at me and other, if you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

LOL Jim, you started off telling me I just liked to argue with you. I barely remember you to tell you the truth. Trust me when I tell you that arguing with you doesn't make my day. The only thing I laughed at is when you said that the Penn. St football program would be closed down. I still think that is laughable and will tell anyone ( and not just you Jim) that there isnt a chance in hell that Penn.St will get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. As for not taking the heat... when did I say anything about me? I simply said that the "ridicule on Sports Fan had become a bit excessive". People are piling on the guy.

I remember you from the Giants thread, because you b***hed and cried about the Freddie Sanchez trade and wanted Sabs head, until the Giants won the division, then you did a 360 and told everyone what a great awesome trade it was!! BLAH BLAH.....I know it makes your day! Also saying people are piling on the guy in this thread is a poor choice of words!! Sandusky would have liked that one!!

Like I said.. I barely remember you. However, if you really want to compare baseball knowledge with me have at it. I'm pretty sure I can hang in there with you. LMAO. By the way, I never said the Sanchez deal was awesome.

so ur a know it all when it comes to baseball? I bet you never played the game, or football or basketball, but knows everything about the game. lmao as well.

Yep. I am pretty much a "know it all" when it comes to baseball. Thanks . And, yes I did play in college, coach high school age kids,, referee and umpire at the high school level, and know a bit about the game. But, this thread isnt about that now is it. If you want to question me about my baseball knowledge you can certainly PM me. I dont want to bore others in here. This is about Sandusky and the Penn St scandal.

BTW, Don't thank me, I had a question mark behind what I was asking. Your ego comes out huge in your reply. Post some pictures of you playing in college if you really did play in a game? Riding the pine don't count, but go ahead and post them for fun.

check your PM. I am not going to go back and forth with you in this serious thread

Say that to my face.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,318
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!

coward, I dare him to say what he called me in that PM to my face.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!

Stay on target ..... stay on target ...
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 46,968
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!

coward, I dare him to say what he called me in that PM to my face.

What did he say?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
wow i guess u do have time to scroll through a 69 page thread. yes i called u dull. u have probably over 70 posts in this thread and id say about 75% of them are condescending, sophomoric, and some confrontational. i refuse to scroll through this whole thread, which apparently u had the time to do so. if i offended u sorry, but i feel strongly since what this man did was so horrific. i also feel strongly that an adult can form their own opinion, and i formed mine ONLY after reading the grand jury report and chronological timeline of events. Like i said b4 if u want to wait till he is convicted to cast stones that is ur option, i will voice my opinion now and if in the .01% chance that i am wrong, i will apologize.

no response?

I can't respond to something so stupid. My initial posts were all about waiting to hear the whole story before tarring and feathering all the people involved.

This claim that 75% of my posts were condescending, sophomoric and confrontational is a straight out lie. I already posted where our conversation started and how it was you that stated "are you dull". Since then I have been consistent in my stance. At no point have I said anything about you being incorrect or that you should not have the right to form your opinion. Not once. So stop saying that I have. While continually you and a few others have clearly stated that with 'Have you read the DAMN grand jury report? It is all there, what else do you need?", among other things.

I will continue to post and stay true to what I have stated from the beginning. Please stop responding to my posts.

He's right, you're wrong IMO.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 46,968
Espn just aired a clip of lavar arrington ranting about sandusky. He is PISSED
I never called him or anyone names, he did in a PM to me, I will leave it at that, but if he wants to say it to my face, instead of hiding behind a keyboard, I will meet with him. Even if he did play baseball for Jerry Sandusky at Penn St.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,318
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!

coward, I dare him to say what he called me in that PM to my face.

What did he say?

WHO CARES!??!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 46,968
Originally posted by Jcool:
WHO CARES!??!

Calm down dude
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Say that to my face.

Lets stay on topic!

coward, I dare him to say what he called me in that PM to my face.

What did he say?

WHO CARES!??!

I DO!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home