There are 434 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

How these dudes that witnessed this happening didn't do anything about it is beyond me. I'd of beat the f**k outta the dude.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]
Joe Pa's gotta go, and that's really sad. Put yourself in his situation. A former player and assistant coach is seen molesting a young boy in the shower of your locker room. Even if it's just an allegation, do you follow up with the AD about it? Ya know, to see if it's being reported to the proper authorities? I sure as hell would. Do you allow this guy back in your facilities without knowing that he didn't do it? I sure as hell wouldn't.

And furthermore, this isn't like most schools. The AD works for Joe Paterno, not the other way around. He's Joe f**king Paterno. Even if he's not criminally responsible, he's morally negligent.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Matt Millen just had a breakdown about this on ESPN. crying n' s**t

saw that, thats tough for people especially former players at penn st to have to know all that s**t went down.

Yeah I'm curious how the former players will react. They obviously had a ton of pride and love for their schoold and their coaches. Then this comes out.

I also wonder if Sandusky ever came off as a creep.

It sounds like the Grad Assistant was a former Penn State QB, so clearly he wasn't some scrawny out of shape old man or anything. All he had to say was "What the f**k is going on here?"....instead he lets Sandusky keep raping the boy? Or why don't you just call the cops if you were too scared to act? Him running to JoePa just screams that his priority was to protect the program, and not do the right thing.

The kids that were raped in between then and now should sue the crap out of Penn State, not that $$ will solve anything but at least they can afford the best therapy/counselors to help them move on and hopefully someday get their life on track.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

saw that, thats tough for people especially former players at penn st to have to know all that s**t went down.

Yeah I'm curious how the former players will react. They obviously had a ton of pride and love for their schoold and their coaches. Then this comes out.

It sounds like the Grad Assistant was a former Penn State QB, so clearly he wasn't some scrawny out of shape old man or anything. All he had to say was "What the f**k is going on here?"....instead he lets Sandusky keep raping the boy? Or why don't you just call the cops if you were too scared to act? Him running to JoePa just screams that his priority was to protect the program, and not do the right thing.

The kids that were raped in between then and now should sue the crap out of Penn State, not that $$ will solve anything but at least they can afford the best therapy/counselors to help them move on and hopefully someday get their life on track.

People react to these sort of events in some fascinating and often reprehensible ways. There are some really interesting studies about the Bystander Effect, and how often people let terrible, terrible things happen right in front of them.
Sorry to be so blunt but how could you look yourself in the mirror knowing you stuck your junk in a little boy. THE f**k!
joe pa stepping down? sad to hear. but morality in this nation went out the window many moons ago for the reputation, protection of an institute and for the warmth of a man's pocket in monetary distribution. we've done it to our own selves. nobody else to blame.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
#t=4m18s
Originally posted by jimrat201:
LINK

Eight victims, according to the grand jury findings of fact. Eight horror stories of allegations surrounding former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

PENN STATE ABUSE SCANDAL

Like Victim 2. A Penn State graduate assistant coach shows up at the football locker room unexpectedly, and hears slapping noises from the shower. Here?s what the report said:

As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky.

The assistant fled in fear and confusion. Much the same way a janitor fled after allegedly witnessing Sandusky engaged in a sexual act in the showers with a young boy Victim 8, later described in the report as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

They fled? They didnt help the boys? They didnt call the police?

I hope this f**ker dies a painful death!

those descriptions make me fkn sick to my stomach.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
LINK

Eight victims, according to the grand jury findings of fact. Eight horror stories of allegations surrounding former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

PENN STATE ABUSE SCANDAL

Like Victim 2. A Penn State graduate assistant coach shows up at the football locker room unexpectedly, and hears slapping noises from the shower. Here?s what the report said:

As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky.

The assistant fled in fear and confusion. Much the same way a janitor fled after allegedly witnessing Sandusky engaged in a sexual act in the showers with a young boy Victim 8, later described in the report as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

They fled? They didnt help the boys? They didnt call the police?

I hope this f**ker dies a painful death!

those descriptions make me fkn sick to my stomach.

WHAT. THE. f**k.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
People react to these sort of events in some fascinating and often reprehensible ways. There are some really interesting studies about the Bystander Effect, and how often people let terrible, terrible things happen right in front of them.

I always found these studies to be pretty disturbing. I think the first instance that brought the bystander effect to the forefront was the murder of Kitty Genovese back all those years ago in Queens. Pretty unsettling stuff. I personally think they should throw the book at the whole lot of them, Joe Paterno included. I'm pretty sure that PA law states that you have to report something like this to the proper authorities, and an AD is not considered a "proper authority". And that coward that ran out of the locker room after witnessing that is just pathetic.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yeah, and I think its true. But I think its a little different when a person sees a crime, leaves the scene and tells his boss about it. I mean it wasn't just that he let it happen, its that he didn't even bother to contact the police at any point in time.

For every crazy story of someone getting stabbed in broad daylight and nothing happen, there are hundreds of other times where soemone calls 911 to at least report it.
the state of Pennsylvanian is in a rut this entire week. steelers went down, dream over for the eagles team, joe faiser dies and now joe pa done
Been following this moderately and may have missed it, but did they determine whether Paterno knew for sure that this was going on? Or at least that someone told him it might be going on?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Lavar Arrington was also crying, in an article, he said he was "in tears".

Paterno statement:

If true, the nature and amount of charges made are very shocking to me and all Penn Staters. While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can't help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred.

Sue and I have devoted our lives to helping young people reach their potential. The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling. If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers.

As my grand jury testimony stated, I was informed in 2002 by an assistant coach that he had witnessed an incident in the shower of our locker room facility. It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report. Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators.

I understand that people are upset and angry, but let's be fair and let the legal process unfold. In the meantime I would ask all Penn Staters to continue to trust in what that name represents, continue to pursue their lives every day with high ideals and not let these events shake their beliefs nor who they are.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/lutz/2011/11/08/what-did-paterno-know/#ixzz1d96caHa8
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Been following this moderately and may have missed it, but did they determine whether Paterno knew for sure that this was going on? Or at least that someone told him it might be going on?

sure looks that way.