LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by jimrat201:
Paterno is scheduled to have a press confrence at 9:00am pst, gonna be interesting what he has to say.

better be his resignation but i doubt it because its all about him and his wins
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
College football is the sleaziest institution in sports. Just when you think it can sink any lower, wow, mindblowing.
WOW he cancelled the news conference
Paterno should just do the right thing and step down. I seriously doubt that will happen though. It is simply mind blowing that he could have known that this was going on and done nothing other than tell his AD. Paterno IS Penn St. football and he should have done whatever it took immediately to bring this to light.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Paterno should just do the right thing and step down. I seriously doubt that will happen though. It is simply mind blowing that he could have known that this was going on and done nothing other than tell his AD. Paterno IS Penn St. football and he should have done whatever it took immediately to bring this to light.

They said Sadusky up till last week still had an office at Penn St...........sickening.
According to the New York times Penn State is planning Paterno's exit.
penn st is planning paterno's resignation in a few days
#SMH
  • Paul
  • Veteran
heard a little bit about this on sportscenter....now finally checking out this thread, it's a f**king shame. Paterno knew of this and did nothing, his legacy is beyond tarnished now to me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Jason-Whitlock-Penn-State-sex-scandal-Jerry-Sandusky-blame-Joe-Paterno-Nittany-Lions-110711

Good Whitlock article
[ Edited by Paul on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM ]
bye bye old man. although u will never get legally punished, ur legacy has now turn into ish. the penn state brand was more important to save then a dozens of boys lives. shame on u, dont let the door hit u in the a$$

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Matt Millen just had a breakdown about this on ESPN. crying n' s**t
This whole situation is just too disgusting for words.
Can't feel sorry for him, he should have done more than just tell the ad. Shame on all those that knew and didn't do more
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Matt Millen just had a breakdown about this on ESPN. crying n' s**t

saw that, thats tough for people especially former players at penn st to have to know all that s**t went down.
It's a shame it had to end this way.
Share 49ersWebzone