LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Disgusting story. What will be interesting is how the fall out is for Paterno. If he knew about this, why didnt he make a BIG deal about it and make sure this guy never came on campus again?
I hope Sandusky buns in hell for all of eternity.

I hope everyone who kept their mouth shut, gets jail time (JoePa included).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeknee:
The idiots that saw and didn't do anything should be punished too. What the f**k were they thinking. How do you go to sleep at night knowing you ran away like a b***h and didn't help the boys?

They will be and Joe Paterno better be fired for also.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This thread should be moved to the PL because it has very little to do with sports.
Time to hand in your key card, Paterno. There is no way he should coach another game. Too bad a sexual abuse scandal is what finally got him to retire. Still, he deserves whatever consequences come his way. Legally, he did nothing wrong. But he had the chance to do the morally right thing and pursue this matter even when his superiors decided not too. He looked the other way instead. 45+ years of football excellence down the tubes. He deserves it.
this is a sickening story. sandusky should rott in hell and those who protected him should be severely punished. joe pa wont get introuble legally, but morally he is a guilty. if they reported this in 98 they could have prevented the rape of many other children. They thought protecting the penn state brand and name was more important then reporting a pedophile raping children. i dont know how any of these people sleep at night.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
This thread should be moved to the PL because it has very little to do with sports.

Since it could cost Joe Paterno his job and legacy it has sport implications.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:

I think he is out for sure, he should be more worried about not doing jail time.

I think he is out for sure, he should be more worried about not doing jail time.

Note: This is such BS. It was timed to come out after he surpassed Eddie Robinson as the winningest coach in college football history. The testimony on this is all from last year.

LAST YEAR!

And it comes out now? Two weekends after Joe Pa passes Eddie?

This is a crock. It all happened so long ago and it got covered over for years. Joe Pa should have been canned a long time ago.

He should burn in Hell -- right along with Sandusky. Or at least be held to a bathroom wall and nailed by the devil for all eternity.

Sorry if that gets me into trouble Mods, but thems my feelings. The report is just sickening.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

They already said he is in the clear legally, its morally where he is totally screwed.

they're f**ked....no pun intended

They already said he is in the clear legally, its morally where he is totally screwed.

Yeah man I can't believe it. I mean, there is no way he knew his actual legal obligation.. but to know about your colleague/friend RAPING young boys inside of your facility?? Are you f**king kidding me? No action is taken and you just go, "oh well! moving on!"??

He should be fired ASAP, in my opinion.
They will be and Joe Paterno better be fired for also.

Joe Pa is f**ked, dude should get fired for keeping this p.o.s. around
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
this is a sickening story. sandusky should rott in hell and those who protected him should be severely punished. joe pa wont get introuble legally, but morally he is a guilty. if they reported this in 98 they could have prevented the rape of many other children. They thought protecting the penn state brand and name was more important then reporting a pedophile raping children. i dont know how any of these people sleep at night.

now the Penn State name is being tarnished anyways, and they let all this happen. they shouldve known this would get out sooner or later.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Paterno is scheduled to have a press confrence at 9:00am pst, gonna be interesting what he has to say.
Share 49ersWebzone