LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 127 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

About to start!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
About to start!

You can watch the Penn State Board of Trustees press conference here at 10pm EST: http://bit.ly/tKwVQW
according to wgn chicago news Penn State President has resigned
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Nov 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
according to wgn chicago news Penn State President has resigned

paulafaris Paula Faris

RT@Jim_Gardner JPenn State Provost, Rodney Erickson has been named interim President. #PSUcharges.
announced. he's out
paterno fired
  • Paul
  • Veteran
he deserved it
its sad to see Mr. Bowden and Mr. Paterno pushed out due to scandal not their own doing.
Joe is done at Penn St. It is very sad on one hand but not surprising at all. It really was the only thing the Board of Trustees could do.
I'm glad they did it -- you don't just let the raping of children happen and not act. Sucks because it tarnishes an otherwise fantastic legacy.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM ]

• Paul
  • Veteran
so he will never be mentioned again? Seems like Penn State is going to be like WWE and pull a Benoit
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm glad they did it -- you don't just let the raping of children happen and not act. Sucks because it tarnishes an otherwise fantastic legacy.

didn't he report it to the AD?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

didn't he report it to the AD?

Yes he did. But let me ask you this: If you knew your colleague was raping children and you passed that information your management and then you see him still around, no action, EVER, and it seems like nothing transpired about these allegations - you would be okay with knowing nothing happened to investigate this?
"Legally" he was right, morally he was backwards as hell. I know for a fact I couldn't just see this person around with no action all the time, running a children's organization, knowing what he did and not ask why nothing happened.
very sad to see/ hear
Share 49ersWebzone