There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BCS National Championship

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by aman49:
Okla St's defense can be atrocious. They play very aggressively though and get a lot of turnovers.

I actually think Oklahoma will win.

41-3 in the third....

If they get to 50 I say let them play LSU

Even though I think Alabama would dust OSU , people and the writers would rather see LSU play a team they haven't played like OSU

I'd rather see it, too. Just so it screws Saban over. It's tough to justify though, in a way, because Alabama's only loss came to the top team in the country by a field goal in overtime. That's about as close to a tie as you can get.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Okla St's defense can be atrocious. They play very aggressively though and get a lot of turnovers.

41-3 in the third....

Even though I think Alabama would dust OSU , people and the writers would rather see LSU play a team they haven't played like OSU

I'd rather see it, too. Just so it screws Saban over. It's tough to justify though, in a way, because Alabama's only loss came to the top team in the country by a field goal in overtime. That's about as close to a tie as you can get.

Yeah, AT HOME.

41-3 in the third....

Yeah, AT HOME.

You're right. Totally changes everything.

41-3 in the third....

Yeah, AT HOME.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

41-3 in the third....

Yeah, AT HOME.

Laughing emoticons aside, the same thing happened to Michigan in 2006, and their one loss by 3 points to #1 was on the road. So yeah, if you are looking at precedent that does matter.
  • zero
  • Veteran
THREAD TITLE CHANGE COMING
Laughing emoticons aside, the same thing happened to Michigan in 2006, and their one loss by 3 points to #1 was on the road. So yeah, if you are looking at precedent that does matter.

Is that where your SEC hate began?
I don't get why people are upset. I don't follow CFB as closely as some others do, but are these clearly the best two teams in the country?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't get why people are upset. I don't follow CFB as closely as some others do, but are these clearly the best two teams in the country?

nope

Is that where your SEC hate began?
I was a UCLA fan back then. I didn't start as an OSU student till 2008.

The fact is, different rules apply to different conferences. The only solution to that is a playoff. I'm optimistic there will be one in ten years.

I actually didn't think anything of the SEC until Utah blew out Alabama in the 09 Sugar Bowl. That opened my eyes.
[ Edited by aman49 on Dec 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

nope

To everyone but Pac-12 fans, yes, they are.
I was a UCLA fan back then. I didn't start as an OSU student till 2008.

The fact is, different rules apply to different conferences. The only solution to that is a playoff. I'm optimistic there will be one in ten years.

Originally posted by Jcool:

nope

LSU should be there. I don't think Alabama should.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

good thing im not a Pac-12 fan.

I could see where OK State would have a huge gripe, but then again, they lost to an unranked .500 team. And Stanford lost by 20 at home, to a lower ranked team, even though they're obviously no slouch. Alabama is the only team with one loss that lost to a better team by a field goal in overtime. A playoff would be ideal, but it's hard to argue against LSU/Bama in the current system.

I could see where OK State would have a huge gripe, but then again, they lost to an unranked .500 team. And Stanford lost by 20 at home, to a lower ranked team, even though they're obviously no slouch. Alabama is the only team with one loss that lost to a better team by a field goal in overtime. A playoff would be ideal, but it's hard to argue against LSU/Bama in the current system.

All of what you said is true. But this completely ignores the precedent of 2006 with Michigan and Florida (not to beat the dead horse). The whole thing everybody was screaming that year was "if you don't win your conference, you can't play for a nat'l title... PERIOD". Hell, didn't Saban himself say the same thing 2 years back?

Alabama should not go, because the precedent says they shouldn't. But whatever... the good news is the ratings will be in the toilet for the BCS title game.