LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
this game should not have been allowed to happen.

lets hear your argument. go ahead flap away

would i be the first person in the country to make the argument that there was no need for a dull rematch of these teams when there were other teams that should have gotten a chance at the #1 team in the country? Really? Would I be the first? That's amazing.

These teams are now 1-1 against each other this year. There is no champion. Thanks BCS.

So if the Niners beat the Raven in the Super Bowl, then the Niners arent clear cut champs bc they are 1-1 against the Ravens

Playoffs to get there, big difference.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

would i be the first person in the country to make the argument that there was no need for a dull rematch of these teams when there were other teams that should have gotten a chance at the #1 team in the country? Really? Would I be the first? That's amazing.

These teams are now 1-1 against each other this year. There is no champion. Thanks BCS.

So if the Niners beat the Raven in the Super Bowl, then the Niners arent clear cut champs bc they are 1-1 against the Ravens

I wish college had playoffs as well, but at the same time bc these teams are 1-1 against each other should not take anything away from Alabama. This is the reason why Alabama was in the Championship game

bingo.

bingo.

Had a non-SEC team beat an SEC team in this Championship you wouldn't be complaining about a system that everyone and their mother has complained about at some point.
Originally posted by zero:
November 5th, 2011 Tuscaloosa, Alabama

BCS #1 LSU vs. BCS #2 Alabama

Winner is the National Champion because I don't think Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Boise St., Oklahoma State or any PAC-12 school beat either of these two SEC juggernauts. This is just my opinion, and either of these teams could lose next week and I'll be sure to eat a sh!t ton of crow, but It's doubtful.

10/22: LSU plays Auburn at home
10/22: Alabama plays Tennessee at home
10/29: Both teams are off
11/5: Thunderdome

Feel free to issue a rebuttal, but deep down, you know I'm right.

Call!

bingo.

Had a non-SEC team beat an SEC team in this Championship you wouldn't be complaining about a system that everyone and their mother has complained about at some point.

haha, that is probably true. in that situation, i would simply not care about the meaningless result. whereas the meaningless game last night was an exact dull duplicate of the game the teams played earlier, except there was a TD, and it makes me angry that I wasted some of my life watching it.

sure, that's my fault. but who doesn't want to watch a football game when its on? and it just seems to me that even with an incredibly flawed system, it isn't too much to ask for the morons to run it to say, "You know, these teams already had a chance at each other, and they're both great, but lets give someone else a shot."

bingo.

haha, that is probably true. in that situation, i would simply not care about the meaningless result. whereas the meaningless game last night was an exact dull duplicate of the game the teams played earlier, except there was a TD, and it makes me angry that I wasted some of my life watching it.

sure, that's my fault. but who doesn't want to watch a football game when its on? and it just seems to me that even with an incredibly flawed system, it isn't too much to ask for the morons to run it to say, "You know, these teams already had a chance at each other, and they're both great, but lets give someone else a shot."

there would be nothing better than the College playoffs to play out during december, or even better in Feb after the Super Bowl
there would be nothing better than the College playoffs to play out during december, or even better in Feb after the Super Bowl

yeah, everyone can agree on this, at least.

i understand the whole thing is somewhat complex, but when every single fan wants it, I don't see what is so difficult, in the long run, about making it happen.
Nick Saban & Bill Bellicheck's success is proof positive that Satan cares way more about football than God does. Tebow is screwed next week.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Nick Saban & Bill Bellicheck's success is proof positive that Satan cares way more about football than God does. Tebow is screwed next week.

Good will always overcome evil

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

Ya. theres actually a tournament type of thing. huge difference

this game sucked and shouldve never happened
Originally posted by ImaMod:

If the idea of the BCS is to get the best two teams in the National Title Game then it did exactly what it was supposed to do. In fact, like it or not the BCS has typically gotten the best 2 teams in college FB to decide the National Championship. I want a playoff system as much as the next guy but I also think its a joke that people would have automatically have eliminated Bama and say the game should never have happened. Alabama is CLEARLY the best team in football this season and very deserving of the National Title.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Ok this game was great and very fun to watch I'm glad it happened :
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If the idea of the BCS is to get the best two teams in the National Title Game then it did exactly what it was supposed to do. In fact, like it or not the BCS has typically gotten the best 2 teams in college FB to decide the National Championship. I want a playoff system as much as the next guy but I also think its a joke that people would have automatically have eliminated Bama and say the game should never have happened. Alabama is CLEARLY the best team in football this season and very deserving of the National Title.

Wrong
Share 49ersWebzone